View Poll Results: What's the hardest track for you?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chenghou Project

61 28.24%
  • Chenghou Project reverse

30 13.89%
  • Sebenco Climb

35 16.20%
  • Sebenco Climb reverse

39 18.06%
  • Sol II

10 4.63%
  • Sol II reverse

23 10.65%
  • Modesto Heights

31 14.35%
  • Modesto Heights reverse

58 26.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the hardest track for you?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

modesto heights reverse the rest are easy compared to that track

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Sebenco climb reverse first and forward second. I hate them. Can you guys that voted other tracks really do them easily?

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I've never been good at Chenghou Project or Sebenco Climb, I seem to be worse at the forward versions for some reason. They're difficult to navigate in Piranha which I use regardless , in other ships I'm OK but still not too good.

I'm OK at Modesto Heights as I've played it a lot and got used to it. The only really difficult part is the indoor hairpin.

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

My worst track is Modesto, esp reverse. Maybe I just need more time on it but just not a fan of it.

im suprised modesto heights is classed as a harder track! its quiet easy as long as you find the way to take the wiggley bit straight...

sebenco climb reverse is a nightmare, i've never been able to get a perfect lapo on anything beyond flash.

None of the ones on the list are hard. jUst gotta learn them on practice.

Anulpha pass is the hardest cos it is easy and everyone can do it well. especially anyone who has played it a 1000 times trying to beat zico.

I challenge anyone apart from the elite players to get there time inot the top 100 speed lap leaderboard

PSN ID
    pirhapac

i agree! anulpha is the nightmare! . sebenco climb ,chengou or modesto are a dream !

PSN ID
    finngers

Maybe its because its new to me but I pinball all the time on Modesto reverse on the underground section with all the boosts, and the ridiculous turn just after it, although I haven't played that much of it yet lol

Still like it, the only track I don't really like is anulpha forward and thats just cause I rinsed it out doing zone and (trying to do) zico

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Modesto, by far. Granted, it's still new to me and I need a whole lot more practice on it, but I'm not liking it. Just too damn narrow combined with being very technical, which, in my case, is a poison pill considering my generally inconsistent racing lines...so, a narrow/technical track like that makes my weakness really glare.

Quote Originally Posted by sny View Post
    The thread is titled "What's the hardest track for you", so I don't see why you're surprised at getting answers dissimilar to yours.!snip~
    Exactly! And it's like that for pretty much any question one asks. Everybody has a different truth.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JesterStoeck

Hmm... I would have to say Sol II reverse is the hardest for me. Really, I suck terribly on all of the reverse tracks because I usually only race forward.

Chenghou Project is actually one of my favorite tracks. I dislike sharp left, but other than that the rest of the track is great. Maybe I am just a sucker for large jumps. The reverse, however is very difficult for me.

Sebenco Climb is also a pretty difficult track, but as long as I don't have to do the reverse track I am fine with it. I still won't race either on phantom.

Sol II is somewhat brutal for me. I can race the forward, but pretty much wall grind through most of the reverse. I also tend to fall off the track when doing the reverse as well (hence my vote).

I like Modesto Heights. I bounce around the inside a lot, but as long as I can get in front of the pack (or if I am doing a speed run), I don't mind it. It only becomes a problem when you are in the middle of a pack of ships and bounce between them and the wall (fighting for the center).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

CPf and MH is a close second. Sol 2 is not my best track but I can still keep up with most racers on it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by Kerni86 View Post
    Chengou reverse is the hardest track for me.. i can't get a line in the hairpin curve

Sebenco Climb is my favorite track, its like rollercoaster on drugs (muchly the reverse version)
    For me both Sebenco forward and reverse give my nightmares. I agree with Elois - too much bouncing around.

Chenghou reverse it quite easy. To get a good line for the hairpin just stay further left than you would expect, and kind of aim at the outside left of the corner as you head towards it, then turn, holding the air-brake all the way until you're round there (if you're using a heavier ship).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

[QUOTE=sny;143921]The thread is titled "What's the hardest track for you", so I don't see why you're surprised at getting answers dissimilar to yours.
    QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    None of the ones on the list are hard. jUst gotta learn them on practice.
    ok, there something wrong in my thread as it seems, something wrong arised...
    so " what's the hardest tracks for you of these " , my intention was
    to stay very objective, first: these tracks i've choose are by far the more technical tracks, you can turn it how much you like moa therma still never be technical as chenghou, if a pilot can't navigate a proper track this is a subjective matter, it will never turn an easy track to hard from an objective point of view...
    second: obviously you know already that polls have limited choices...

don't know if i've explain myself ... maybe better to change the title then, maybe can be quite misleading

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Everybody has a different truth.
    ok then the sun isn't a star it's just a big shiny ball on the sky and there's a giant who keep it in an invisible hand

just kidding

lol fairytale..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

"Which of these tracks do you think is the most technically challenging?"

That seems to be more the intent of the thread. It's still Sebenco for me. They both require a lot of pitching, which I find very difficult to do. I keep trying Sebenco reverse Time Trial and just not making any real progress. Even though I feel like I know what I'm supposed to do, it think it's very hard to do consistently.

Chenghou is mainly challenging because of the hairpin bend on both forward and reverse, and the banked left-hander on forward. But they are not too hard to master with practice, and more importantly, the right knowledge. If you can get those right I think Chenghou is technically not as hard as Sebenco. It's similar with Modesto. There isn't a whole lot of technicality there once you figure it out. You just have to know the best lines, and once you do, they are fairly easy to do over and over again.

Sol 2 is quite hard from a technical perspective, but mainly only in ships with lower steering stats, especially if you want to do all the barrel rolls on it and get very good times. But in something like FEISAR I wouldn't say it's particularly hard to get around it.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

Out of the choices..the modesto's are the hardest for me, especially when speed pad hunting..

Now i do have problems with consistent lines and br's on SCr, CP(f/r) im ok but far from great..let alone doing any short cut there.
    Last edited by DividedXZero; 10th August 2009 at 10:26 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

sol forward. i hate it

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    boo4ever

I would rather go to the dentist than race Modesto rev.

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

I actually really like all of the tracks mentioned apart from Sebenco Reverse, which I still find a pain in the ass! It feels like it really hasnt been designed to race around, you spend half your time bouncing around (and often off) the course and the corners down the hill are horrible to navigate.