View Poll Results: What's the hardest track for you?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chenghou Project

61 28.24%
  • Chenghou Project reverse

30 13.89%
  • Sebenco Climb

35 16.20%
  • Sebenco Climb reverse

39 18.06%
  • Sol II

10 4.63%
  • Sol II reverse

23 10.65%
  • Modesto Heights

31 14.35%
  • Modesto Heights reverse

58 26.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the hardest track for you?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Question What's the hardest track for you?

what's the hardest wipeout HD track for you?

Timezone
    GMT -5

Chenghou, for sure.

Took me ages to figure it out and it still gives me fits.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Chengou, I hate too the reverse, but it's just cuz I already have a certain hate to Chengou xD!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Ubermall.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Out of those Options, Chenghou is still a bitch. I find forwards slighty harder than reverse.

Online racing, I can never seem to win on Anulpha Pass Reverse /shrug

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tileon

I hate Chengou.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

oh c'mon anulpha? ubermall? hard...please, are you kidding...
    anulpha is easily the easiest track of the game, reverse course is even easier than forward

ubermall still a medium-hard track, with the reverse course slightly harder, sure not in the hardest ones

PSN ID
    finngers

Maybe its because its new to me but I pinball all the time on Modesto reverse on the underground section with all the boosts, and the ridiculous turn just after it, although I haven't played that much of it yet lol

Still like it, the only track I don't really like is anulpha forward and thats just cause I rinsed it out doing zone and (trying to do) zico

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Modesto, by far. Granted, it's still new to me and I need a whole lot more practice on it, but I'm not liking it. Just too damn narrow combined with being very technical, which, in my case, is a poison pill considering my generally inconsistent racing lines...so, a narrow/technical track like that makes my weakness really glare.

PSN ID
    Jguesty94

Chenghou on Phantom, I just can't do the 2nd corner (before the jumps). Using autopilot, it looks (to me) completely impossible to do it properly without being a computer.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Don't use autopilot to judge the best lines to take. The autopilot function uses the AI's 'cheat' line (and unlimited levels of 'grip') around the track which is impossible to follow without slowing down completely. The AI has to 'cheat' in this way in order to stay competitive in the higher difficulty modes - because it doesn't have the intelligence to cut corners or do barrel rolls.

However, that corner on Chengou is possible to do on Phantom without touching the sides (without releasing the accelerator). Use a sharp-handling ship combined with a nice wide entry, well-timed left airbrake to hit the apex, and a side-shift away from the right-hand side if necessary at the end.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I always find it ironic that I can take the same corner on Chenghou reverse easily and forward is a PITA.

Go figure.

Seems the tick is STEER ONLY ,don't touch the air brakes.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

The Pure tracks in reverse mode are the hard ones, because they weren't designed to be reversed (or I just didn't have the requisite experience on their reverses like I did with the Pulse tracks). Metropia reverse is also kind of annoying because of that damn blind left hander at the top of the vertical climb. But, in getting Arcade Perfect, I managed to figure out all the reverses except for Ubermall. Ubermall reverse sucks the balls. The first chicane is so awkward, and the three turns going uphill to the bridge just before the split are not only narrow and ill-flowing, but also blind and tend to make you jump off the track. It's basically a terrible track.

Chenghou reverse, Sol II Reverse, Ubermall Reverse, and Modesto Reverse are the only tracks I'll use autopilots on. And on Ubermall I need two of them per lap.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

@Sven: Like several chicanes in HD, it's best to go over them vs. through them

Ubermall Rev.
    I pilot Icaras, and for the 1st "S" curve you need to brake hard on the first segment then you should be ok..it should "feel" like the centrifugal force will carry you the the 2nd half of the turn. (With a few adjustments as needed)

The uphill chicane you should be able to come in at an angle and br uphill, then br at the top, and br on your way down (i personally bear to the right at the split).
    Last edited by DividedXZero; 11th August 2009 at 09:36 PM.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I always find it ironic that I can take the same corner on Chenghou reverse easily and forward is a PITA.

Go figure.

Seems the tick is STEER ONLY ,don't touch the air brakes.
    Eh? How can you possibly do a tight turn like that without airbrakes? Even if you take the best line and use Feisar, you can't turn sharply enough without releasing the throttle or airbraking...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Quote Originally Posted by PLazarou View Post
    Eh? How can you possibly do a tight turn like that without airbrakes? Even if you take the best line and use Feisar, you can't turn sharply enough without releasing the throttle or airbraking...
    Agreed, I don't think it's possible...and I drive Feisar. If Blackwiggle can do it, then I'd need video proof before believing it.

PSN ID
    Jguesty94

Quote Originally Posted by PLazarou View Post
    Don't use autopilot to judge the best lines to take. The autopilot function uses the AI's 'cheat' line (and unlimited levels of 'grip') around the track which is impossible to follow without slowing down completely.
    I know, I figured that the computers cornered in a way that you just can't when I was doing it, but I've never been able to string together all 5 laps without doing a below par 2nd corner at least once.

It's odd, I can do it right every time on phantom reverse course.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    guggle

Modesto Heights in either direction would have to come in at a close 2nd!!!!

Chenghou Project was the hardest track for me, until i switched off the pilot assist option. I found out that this option just caused trouble for me.. anyone else agree with me on this?
    And Hellfire's videos under FAQ was also very helpful, but i found them (actually Hellfire told me about them) after i manage to win on Chenghou Project track

PSN ID
    drMannevond

For me it's definitely Chenghou Project fwd. That hairpin gets me every time, and on the few occasions I do manage to turn/sideshift correctly some ba***rd trying to bounce off the wall pushes me off the track. The other thing is just the way it looks. It needs more color!
    And about Sol II rev (CJS) : That second hairpin used to send me flying all over the place too until I saw a video somewhere of someone doing it "correctly" :
    Keep to the right, and ignore the weapon-pad, and start turning so that when you come over the top you're almost scraping the inside of the turn. Then some quick sideshifting, and you're home free. You can also do this if you hit the weapon-pad going in. It's a bit trickier, but the basics are the same - you need to come over the top at an angle. That will reduce your airtime drastically, and what little lift you still get, at least you're going the right direction and not head-first into the billboards.
    Last edited by DrMannevond; 22nd August 2009 at 11:58 PM.