Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Your Primary Racing Downfall

PSN ID
    Lightlord

My only other downfall for me would have to be the sheer frustration when WOHD crashes it pisses me right off to the point where I feel like playing something else, constantly happens when I'm first and what feels like a good lap time gets ruined by the crash. Sort it out Studio Liverpool!!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

That's a similar thing with me, especially if you hang around a community such as the one here and others across platforms and various games where the best tend to hang out. If you play with these people, you would like to perform well enough to set some example and reputation for yourself. And not just bomb the big one.

Following ships, I am usually good about not doing this. But with certain key corners of some tracks and parts of the courses there are very few lines to differentiate yourself from. For example, when I was bad I didn't hit any mines or any bombs. But when I became better, I start hitting bombs and mines because the good racers drop them on the good lines. And that's inevitably where our experience racing will lead us.

I do tend to get nervous when higher ranked players, good racing players, and more known players are in the same game as me. And then the wall-banging usually begins. Nothing major, just not as sharp as I would like to be (notice how i didn't say "just not as sharp as I normally am") and their leads stretch.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Artieficial

My downfall is also inconsistency, and probably the fact that I don't play as much as I could. I try to squeeze in some Wipeout-time every day, but that time ranges from 20 minutes up to an hour or two ( the latter being a rarity ). Oh, almost forgot - I still can't maneuver the HD-tracks in reverse on Phantom -speed without crashing every two seconds...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Hello guys New here so this'll be my first post!

My primary downfall is that I never deviate from my racing line if I can help it, this is both good and bad as this means that I will get shot or bumped by other players quite alot. BUT it also means that when I loose the pack I can often rack up quite a good lead as I have a practiced line that I know my way around(also one that I have put quite alot of thought into) so that I dont have to think when driving.

bit of a double-edged sword as I think someone said earlier...

nice to be on here too, give me a holler if you see me on in game (same user name as here)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    guggle

My downfall seems to be that I am a mine/bomb magnet!! It usually happens not long after the race has started - I'm racing competively, not necessarily leading the race, but in the leading bunch, and then some mines or a well placed bomb pushes me back, and I am unable to recover from there...

Apparently having a special ship with a device built in that attracts every fired weapon into my butt.

My greatest downfall would probally be having less than two hours playing time on the game. With 4 online races under my belt.

This game is more difficult than i thought it would be.