Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Primary Racing Downfall

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Wanting to race Phantom on the new tracks, when i would be better off on Venom. I seem to want to run before i can walk. Exploded half a lap into Modesto, all of my own doing, not a weapon in sight today. I think it must be because the track is so narrow, or it seems that way to me.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Oh, it's quite narrow, I assure you. I hate that track...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sh1kamaru-

Quote Originally Posted by jimsin View Post
    I always seem to get an itchy nose in zone mode when hitting subsonic
    loool it was the same for me and guess what? subsonic is now my favourite speed but at the beginning I couldn't restrain myself from wanting to sneeze or scratch my ears, it's like when the weather is really sunny, it makes you sneeze though you aren't ill

My downfalls :
    - the noise around me while I'm playing, I have so much difficulties in getting concentrated, that really loses me
    - during online play when the race becomes to be full of mines, bombs, missiles whatsoever, like yeldar I'd expect people to go as fast as they could, absorbing everything but turbos

PSN ID
    Lightlord

For me its more bad luck with weapon pad items more than anything else, really helps to have an auto pilot or rockets or cannon while in 1st place hmm yes love those items at those times lol.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Quote Originally Posted by sh1kamaru- View Post
    yeldar I'd expect people to go as fast as they could, absorbing everything but turbos
    Lol As yeldar puts it, Im the King of Bombland when I race him.

Isnt that right yeldar?

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

My racing downfalls are noises around me, the phone ringing and knocks at the door. Your in first place by 5 seconds whilse deciding should you answer the door/phone or hope whoever it is waits long enough for the race to finish.

Bombs left by back droppers when your on for a personal best, warning less quakes, pushers and the top pilots around who show no mercy

PSN ID
    DDark101

My downfall is when i play with about another three or four people a fair bit less experienceed i toy around with them so much by slowing down to kill them and shooting off in front that at the end of the race they all quit and i have to find somewhere else to race and if they recoqnize my name they quit when i join i actually had one person flip out could hear him screeming im the only person racing against you if you know your gonna win just do it dont slow down and be a ***** go on eliminator insted

Yeah, you were probably giving out "cruel and unusual punishment".

PSN ID
    DDark101

I did feel a bit tight after hearing that guy go mental i try to find rooms with people ranked around thirty but its hard to find anything with all the eliminators going on one thing that lets me down most is turbo ing into people cos we all take the best racing lines i get a turbo giving me the chance to get to the front of the pack and smack im at a standstill dont spose theres a trick to get going quicker again is there shaking my control up and down like im on a horse doesnt seem to do the job

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

DDark - You are king of the run-on sentence!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

My racing downfall is getting either multiple invites to race & or chat rooms once people see I'm online or it seems once I do come online a "He's online I'll message him" situation occurs.

OT : A lot of silly "In fighting/Bitching" going on atm between forum members
    It's ONLY a FU(king GAME.
    You have a head,use what's inside it please.
    I won't take sides as I refuse to get involved.

SL future patch request: a secretary please.

DDark's 'period' key doesn't work. And the shift key only works at the beginning of a sentence once.

PSN ID
    shapealot

i have a few downfalls racing online

like superpj1 said i also "overplay" if i see big names in a race which results in some stupid mistakes when i shoulda just stuck with racing line. id go for a shortcut an mess up the landing or take corners to sharp tryna catch up.

lag! sometimes i start 4-10 secs behind everybody else, u know this is gona happen because u can see the ships rising off the floor around u as the countdown begins. if its happened to u ya know what i mean.

last night id get half way into a race and it would disconnect from the server or id get a lag start again. i was going from host to host blowing up in front of people mid race.

broken weapon pads when im low on energy, im just waiting to hear "missile"
    Last edited by shapealot; 11th August 2009 at 08:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    RaiderHutch

I tend to get a bit overaggressive with my barrel rolls when I'm not in the lead. As a result I usally get into trouble with neglecting my shield!

My other big downfall is following too closely to other racers usually making me a very easy target for rockets/mines/bombs. I need to learn to stop tailgating thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsin View Post
    I always seem to get an itchy nose in zone mode when hitting subsonic
    hahaha...Me too..but i get it on zen upwards so my nose must be more sensitive than yours.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Probably rage quitting for me

I never do it just because something isn't going my way, but I usually find myself doing it in two cases. If the race is lagging by more than I'm comfortable with, I'll drop. usually when I'm getting hit by non-existent weapons or not everyone gets off the grid at the same time. The other one is if a race turns into a ramfest. Not deliberate I know, but it does my head in when you can't take a single corner without being pole-axed.

In terms of racing itself, probably my weapon usage. I can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo

PSN ID
    Tsunami49

I got 2 big ways to phail epcily

The first is that after a while, IE: after two or three races i start to day dream in race about random stuff so i am racing but my mid is elsewhere, so i don't give my best. Like today i started recalling a star trek rerun i saw this morning!

The second is i really let the pressure of the race get to me and get all messed up in the head and start ping ponging all over the place, you do the math

My new racing downfall is being to considerate to other players in my room by playing many varied tracks including the ones i cant play..hence lose...lol

But im happy doing it.i will one day be able to play all tracks.

Nothing worse than going into some room only to play the same track (hosts favourite ) over and over, variety is spice of life.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    K-MIZER

My weakness is being too nice actually...

If I'm leading in first by more than 5 secnods I usually slow down to let people catch up to me, especially if it's a 1 on 1 race with a friend.

PSN ID
    ingvildr

Mine has to do with doing too well, quite a few times last night i would ace the first half to two thirds of something to then mess up in ways that i have never done before.

I'll say to myself, "right keep it together and this lap is going to be awesome"..... smash.