Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your most pathetic moment in WipeoutHD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    QjonPL

Racing online at TJrev, on the 5th lap, leading with 5sec gap I was hit by 5 quakes... in a row... with 1-2sec intervals... Finally just before Finish, about 1 second before 2nd position I saw phaeton getting Boost, but I managed to get first... ... NOOOO, finish LAG

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TorquedSoul

All of my pathetic moments are equally pathetic.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Is freezing up considered pathetic?
    Because as of now I can't think up anything else other than that.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Cool topic
    I have 2 distinct ones in my mind -

Multiplayer -
    Dying on the 4th corner of sebenco climb on lap 1.... without being hit by a single weapon

TT -
    About to beat my VKRev time, then for no apparent reason whatsoever on the final straight speared left STRAIGHT into a wall

My word i felt like such a tool lol

edit:
    I also once failed the shortcut on Amp, and it respawned me at the beginning of the track!!
    Last edited by OBH; 25th November 2010 at 01:40 PM.

Stupid little things like lining up a good missile shot then all of a sudden forgeting which button it is to fire and absorbing

also when you pathetically grind to a halt as you've run a little too close to the barrier and inexplicably dont side shift off it.

& finaly seeing a bomb in the distance and still hitting it

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

Getting attacked all at the same time by different players online, giving me no chance to even recover!

falling asleep inbetween races online and recieving a text thanking me for the good games..

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Seeing OBH's post and thinking about it,failing the shortcut at Amphiseum Reverse is one of my very pathetic moments in HD.I am lucky enough to get a Turbo,then I fail and respawn at the end of the Mag-strip. And that means I waste a Turbo.

Hmmm mine is definitely failing at doing the triple on Metropia reverse..

still can't do it....
    I dont think im ever going to be able to do it..

Thats gotta be the hardest thing in this game...

-putting a bomb down in eliminator then hitting the flip button stright after

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    dexito_2097

Playing on a stormy night, having a few beers with your friends, doing great, basically enjoying the game.

and then a two hour blackout.

F&C%$K@!!!!!

PSN ID
    DaMiGiSan, DaMiGiX

Red face

My most pathetic moment would have to be racing on Ubermall & boosting right into the portion of the track where it splits into a fork with low energy & then eliminating myself. :">

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IndoorSnowStorm

Does it count if I saw someone else's pathetic moment? If so, I was online today in a race with Dark Phantom 89, Unctuous, and some others, and this one player (His name escapes me) eliminates himself with his own missile. He didn't lock on, and it was in the really bendy part of Modesto. It was hilarious! I was lapping him as this happened (he was in 8th, and I was in 6th trailing really badly), but I couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for him.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

My MIRAGE was being retarded because it loves to make friends with walls during online races.

PSN ID
    triboy

Here is my, maybe not a most pathetic moment in WHD, but for sure it was interesting experience. Listen...
    Once upon a time <fwd><fwd><fwd><play> and I was rusted, but my teammates want's me to join, so, why not. First race, "Welcome on board tri" BANG BANG, 2 deaths... Not too often You can die twice in one race. 2nd race, "How You feel tri?" BANG BANG, 2 deaths... What the f#$^%!!! Who turns <Kill tri mode> ??? 3th race was calm, and in 4th I died once again. In first 4 races of evening I died 5 times... In online races not eliminator...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

It was one of those evenings that follow "Bad-WO-Days". Similar to the "Bad-Hair-Days".
    I have done a few laps on SOL2, when I fell off this certain bridge (once again) on full speed. For a non-obvious reason, I just could not take my thumb off the gas - probably the shock - and so I rushed down the abyss incredible five times (!) in a row from the same point!
    It was so embarassing, even when you consider that I simply had to get back on the line, without giving full throttle constantly...
    There was something unintentionally funny about that situation.
    Last edited by Flint Fandango; 22nd December 2010 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Syntax

Timezone
    GMT + 10

I dunno about pathetic, but it certainly was infinitely annoying and hilarious all at once: online racing on Sol 2 reverse, was leading for the majority of the 3 lap venom race in my Icaras, only to be passed by an AG-Sys with a turbo boost, who subsequently smashed into the first corner after the finish line and promptly exploded victoriously all over the track.

First reaction:

Second reaction:

I recently started playing HD... I played the campaign for 3 days and then, today, went online... I keep oversteering and hitting the walls before the turn. That's because I'm used to the early versions of Wipeout in which the ship slides.

Well, while I was playing online with Danterich, I had a server error, of which I didn't know until it ejected me from the online race. Well, what happened was I saw all the ships banging in a wall and suddenly I was in first place! I was completelly thrilled because I always came in last place with the Fastest Lap or Highest Speed thingy. But then the warning message came and I was ejected from the session... I was like: and then

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Talking

My pathetic moments:

- fall of on Sebenco Climb rev "snake", and being respawned about 6 times in just 2 sec (it was an big bug in game)

- just like the other player here... being destroyed on speed lap (chenghou project x2 - flash)

- falling of the track 3 times in row on moa therma rev before 2nd mag strip (where 2 weapon and 1 speed pads is)

- on ubermall being eliminated before "big kitty" and finished by him (by his big hand... why i wasn't recording it)

- hit 2 bombs in row that are near themselfs (fall in one and being pushed to the 2nd one)

- leave bomb on first lap and hit the same one in 2nd lap

- hit the flower pot 3 times during race on ubermall rev while trying (now i just don't try to do this one) to do barrel roll with boost, sometimes on forward i hit it

- fall of the track on amphiseum rev (not becouse of "window"), on big jump before finish line, 1st time on right side, 2nd time on left side, then after making (finally) barrel roll down the track hit the wall on turn...

and the last one... being destroyed by quake when flying over first shortcut on ubermall

there were more pathetic moments (many of them), but... i don't remember them (or i don't want to...)

EDIT: i remembered one... having two same controllers on table and picking the wrong one when the race starts...
    EDIT2: this happened today on talons junction reverse, i've turned to early on this hard turn and hit a wall, when trying to continue race i've end up racing in opposite direction. turning back took me 6 sec :/
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 31st December 2010 at 02:31 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Ah, can't remember exactly the scene but it was pathetic...
    I was racing and got out of track (or maybe eliminated, doubt) just after lauching a bomb... I respawned I got hit by my own bomb...