Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your most pathetic moment in WipeoutHD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Your most pathetic moment in WipeoutHD

Whats your most pathetic or embarrasing moment you have experienced while playing Wipeout HD.

Mine are

1 Losing a online venom race.I didnt even get a DNF i got a DNS "Did not start" cos my pad died on the start line just as the race was about to start.

2 Taking over 3 hours to finish a single game of the zone cos i talk to much and still didnt get to zone zeus

3 The most pathetic moment has to be getting killed on a speed lap.I was under the impression it was impossible to die on speed laps, but somehow i managedto pull it off

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    3 The most pathetic moment has to be getting killed on a speed lap.I was under the impression it was impossible to die on speed laps, but somehow i managedto pull it off
    How on earth did you manage that lmao, its not possible surely.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheDukeZip

Dying in Zone on Syncopia at Zone 10 -- I'm was pretty aggressive with my barrel rolls on the first few laps resulting in shield of 0 and accidentally tapped the wall around the last turn

PSN ID
    stever

falling off Syncopia in Zone Mode repeatedly after respawning and then somehow ending up going the wrong way around the track... not very helpful on Zone

Timezone
    GMT -5

boosting past motorsagmannen just before the finish line, getting shot and eliminated by a SINGLE ROUND from his cannon ( also his last bullet ) watching chunks of my Auricom fly across the finish line, and respawning just in time for 5th place. Awesome yet pathetic.
    Last edited by IH8YOU; 7th August 2009 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Requested that I use his real name.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

Anulpha pass - Went to go the top way, but lost control, and decided to take the fatter lower path. However bashed into a support beam and was thrown backwards a few 100 feet or so! and it was online mode lol

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

I was en route to getting the 'Comeback King' badge online after getting plasmafied in the first lap and reclaiming first spot on Chenghou Project phantom, and on the last lap, with 2 seconds advantage over the closest craft, I barrel rolled off the big drop before the final chicane... and missed the track entirely. Ended up in 6th place.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

My most pathetic moments are... you know what it is. It's Zico-related.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Halecon

I managed to be turned upside down at the hairpin in the Amphiseum. Was boosting to avoid a missile, hit the wall sideways and flipped over. Then the game thought it would be nice to respawn me upside. Again and again and again. I eventually cursed aloud and left the game.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Mine was very similar, boosting over the magstrip in Amphiseum a little too early, hitting the overhang, and falling backwards. Lost about 30 seconds? It felt pretty long.

If anyone wants to make fun of the Fury AG-Systems, use this picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...027_233140.jpg

Although, on a different lap, I actually boosted even further and went through the top of the building, taking several very interesting pictures of different parts of the track. Normally they can't be seen all together, so it puts things into perspective and proportion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...027_225835.jpg

The distance between pathetic and cool can be so close sometimes. "Oh yeah, uh, I meant to do that."

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Halecon

Quote Originally Posted by Koleax View Post
    Mine was very similar, boosting over the magstrip in Amphiseum a little too early, hitting the overhang, and falling backwards. Lost about 30 seconds? It felt pretty long.

If anyone wants to make fun of the Fury AG-Systems, use this picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...027_233140.jpg

Although, on a different lap, I actually boosted even further and went through the top of the building, taking several very interesting pictures of different parts of the track. Normally they can't be seen all together, so it puts things into perspective and proportion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...027_225835.jpg

The distance between pathetic and cool can be so close sometimes. "Oh yeah, uh, I meant to do that."
    Yeah. Though I'm sure we would be hard pressed to try and repeat those stunts on purpose.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

IDK why would online players want to destroy my AG-SYS Fury for no reason. Maybe because theyr'e just jealous because they ahve never tried the AG-SYS Fury before? Icaras is the weakest ship ever, yet they (online players) don't even know it.

Quote Originally Posted by JaLK View Post
    I managed to be turned upside down at the hairpin in the Amphiseum. Was boosting to avoid a missile, hit the wall sideways and flipped over. Then the game thought it would be nice to respawn me upside. Again and again and again. I eventually cursed aloud and left the game.
    Oh gawd yeah. One time when trying to beat Zico, I ended up off the track and it spawned me, reliably, upside down every single time I fell off there.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Can I just clarify (again) that you don't need the roll onto the overpass to beat Zico

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I know.. but I have not really tried without as I have been so far off anyway.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by MetaKraken View Post
    My most pathetic moments are... you know what it is. It's Zico-related.
    Mine too, I managed to do a 99 lap race trying to barrel roll up the ramp on every single lap with just 1 successful try and 98 fails and of course it's still the only trophy I lack.

And yesterday I managed to blow up three times in the tunnel on modesto heights on the first lap, first due to a lot of collision with other ships in the start then mines two times in a row.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pigmak

Default Ok, ready, lmao...

I was 1 gold medal away from Fury Campaign...It was the 8 race tournament...I tried and tried for days only able to achieve bronze....I seriously was getting upset.....Then I realized I was racing on the difficult setting....Musta changed it by accident....UH derrrrr
    Last edited by pigmak; 12th November 2009 at 01:23 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    QjonPL

Racing online at TJrev, on the 5th lap, leading with 5sec gap I was hit by 5 quakes... in a row... with 1-2sec intervals... Finally just before Finish, about 1 second before 2nd position I saw phaeton getting Boost, but I managed to get first... ... NOOOO, finish LAG

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TorquedSoul

All of my pathetic moments are equally pathetic.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Is freezing up considered pathetic?
    Because as of now I can't think up anything else other than that.