Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your most pathetic moment in WipeoutHD

Default Your most pathetic moment in WipeoutHD

Whats your most pathetic or embarrasing moment you have experienced while playing Wipeout HD.

Mine are

1 Losing a online venom race.I didnt even get a DNF i got a DNS "Did not start" cos my pad died on the start line just as the race was about to start.

2 Taking over 3 hours to finish a single game of the zone cos i talk to much and still didnt get to zone zeus

3 The most pathetic moment has to be getting killed on a speed lap.I was under the impression it was impossible to die on speed laps, but somehow i managedto pull it off

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    3 The most pathetic moment has to be getting killed on a speed lap.I was under the impression it was impossible to die on speed laps, but somehow i managedto pull it off
    How on earth did you manage that lmao, its not possible surely.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheDukeZip

Dying in Zone on Syncopia at Zone 10 -- I'm was pretty aggressive with my barrel rolls on the first few laps resulting in shield of 0 and accidentally tapped the wall around the last turn

PSN ID
    stever

falling off Syncopia in Zone Mode repeatedly after respawning and then somehow ending up going the wrong way around the track... not very helpful on Zone

Timezone
    GMT -5

boosting past motorsagmannen just before the finish line, getting shot and eliminated by a SINGLE ROUND from his cannon ( also his last bullet ) watching chunks of my Auricom fly across the finish line, and respawning just in time for 5th place. Awesome yet pathetic.
    Last edited by IH8YOU; 7th August 2009 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Requested that I use his real name.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

Anulpha pass - Went to go the top way, but lost control, and decided to take the fatter lower path. However bashed into a support beam and was thrown backwards a few 100 feet or so! and it was online mode lol

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

I was en route to getting the 'Comeback King' badge online after getting plasmafied in the first lap and reclaiming first spot on Chenghou Project phantom, and on the last lap, with 2 seconds advantage over the closest craft, I barrel rolled off the big drop before the final chicane... and missed the track entirely. Ended up in 6th place.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I caught mine on video. I'm really not sure anyone can beat this:

Lap 3 - 54 seconds - SR take's a trip down Saturn's Cave (as named by JJPAP)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

I've heard of head-banging to music, but ship-banging? That's new.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Being first in an online race on Talons Junction Reverse.
    Coming up to the start line on lap four.
    Touching the left wall just a little.
    Hitting the only spot where the wall collisions are fucked up on Talons Junction.
    Flying upwards for fifty million years, three people pass you.
    Use your turbo while in the air to try to catch up again.
    Somehow the start/finish line panel is solid, unlike on the normal HD tracks.
    Hit it, bounce backwards again.
    By now everyone has passed you.

Finish the race in sixth place.

wow some really pathetic moments there.

Dying on syncopia at zone 10

Saturns pit stop down the bottom of a pit.(could he have done that if he wanted too...probally not)

DD pathetic moment wasnt too pathetic cos to still came 5th shows he is great at comebacks.

better than DNS (did not start..like i got online)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I forgot to say there were only six people in the race. I finished last.

lol....that was a truley pathetic moment then

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

wanted to drop bomb to protect from incoming missile
    but did it too late, bomb not dropped, missile destroyed me, and my destroyed ship went into mines.
    then respawning near a weapon pad, i wanna drop bomb to get my new weapon (and not finish last) and go
    but my engines were still down when i respawned because of the mines i hit when i died(btw that needs a fix!)
    so, bomb dropped on my own face xD then i was rammed by the last contender = destroyed 2 times!
    nice firework! i should have absorbed

lol thats super pathetic.

PSN ID
    Jimsin

I think my most pathetic moment was in one of my first eliminator races - I dropped mines, flipped 180 degrees, then drifted backwards into my own mines and destroyed myself. *cringe*

You ask all the best questions Jasmin!

Edit: Actually, just realised I posted this wrong. I flipped 180 degrees, then went FORWARDS over my own mines and destroyed myself - even more pathetic :S
    Last edited by jimsin; 7th August 2009 at 02:09 AM.

Lol i see you watched my eliminator tutorial..i am the best player in the world at flying over my own droped weapons..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

LOL! Almost the exact same thing happened to me on Talon's Junction too, Darkdrium777, but it was during the 8-round tournament on phantom speed on the last grid. First I got thrown up a mile into the air, and - in a moment of supreme enlightenment - I performed a barrel roll to try and make up for the 5 second loss that bounce would mean. Well, the speed boost was just good enough to launch me off the track and somehow I respawned facing a speed pad that would keep throwing me off the track (much like the one before the drop on Chenghou Project). By the time I got out of the chaotic vicious cycle, I was down to 8th from 1st, with 10 seconds to make up. Then came the plasma that hit me in the very same tournament on Modesto Reverse while I was behind(!) the AI ship that fired it, and ended up getting rammed to death.

At that moment, for the first time, I threw my controller (not at the cat, though, 'twas just some pillows), something I never thought I'd do.

All in all, I only managed bronze in the tournament due to these two dismal races, but the second try saw me get elite gold by a convincing 15-point margin.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I thought I'd have no competition, but sny, username, jimsin and TheDukeZip are all tough competition. I think I've been beaten.

Darkdrium777's and Spece2goin's are more just insanely unfortunate. But still entertaining .

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I over compensated on Modesto Reverse once on the final turn, got turned around and raced a lap backwards before realizing that I Was racing the wrong way.