Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No New Coloured Skins for the New Ships? what a let down!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

A hypothetical addition to a hypothetical WipEout game will certainly be crappy. That's your reason for not wanting a skin editor?
    Quote Originally Posted by DividedXZero View Post
    Well have you guys taken a look at Armored core for ps3?
    If they do it right, it can be as good as Armored Core's system, and Armored Core's customization is far from crappy (Which we could say was about the level of the Pulse online editor sans Photoshop.)
    Will it be hard for SL to implement such a system: yes, definitely. Is it possible in WipEout HD? I don't think so myself, but I think it's something they should seriously consider for the next WipEout game. It adds personality to the ships, each player has his personal colours. I find that pretty fun... Think about it, clans, groups of friends, WipEoutZone could have their very own skin. Wouldn't the WipEout HD World Cup be far more cooler if each national team had their skin to differentiate them from the others?
    Will it be hard for us to create a skin if ever such a system is implemented? No. Go play Armored Core and build any robot, start editing the colours. Very easy, the colours are controlled by sliders and the decal placement is in fixed positions, but for WipEout SL could use a freeform placement like for stickers in LittleBig Planet (Which is easy too.) The only "hard" thing is choosing a colour pattern and decal placement. Oh wow. It makes it even easier than it was in Pulse, with or without Photoshop.
    Moderation job for the custom skins can be limited to none, if the skin editor is done right.
    And as for the teams retaining their "proper" colour. You'd rather enforce your choice onto someone else than allow them the freedom to choose? Please... I can't help but disagree entirely with that.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I agree with DD777, (and no I wasnt starting a flamewar with him I was just saying something he said were wrong) hes entirely Right about how simple the Armored Core Paint scheme is.

I just want my Ayane Skin

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...g?t=1249512407
    Last edited by Vartazian; 6th August 2009 at 01:45 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

WE GET IT VART
    you want ur ayane, calm down already

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

You better get it. cause if you dont. Well. Ill come in second in races damnit!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Just a question .

If there was an ability to create and change your own skins in HD or FURY, who would use it to make a camouflage skin that matched a particular track,there by making it harder for the other racers to see you?

I know I would,well I'd give it a good attempt.
    I don't know how successful it would be,but it if it gives you an edge why not.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

My God the Track has a Glowing Red and Blue Plasma trails coming off of it!

SHOOT IT!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Catch up to it first!

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

How about just downloading them off the store , like the way lbp has different costumes. i mean there not your own designs but you'd still have more of a choice.

PSN ID
    GreenPhazon

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Just a question .

If there was an ability to create and change your own skins in HD or FURY, who would use it to make a camouflage skin that matched a particular track,there by making it harder for the other racers to see you?

I know I would,well I'd give it a good attempt.
    I don't know how successful it would be,but it if it gives you an edge why not.
    Just grey?

It'd be easy to implement custom skins on the HD ships, because they're all pretty much the sames the Pulse models.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

No a dazzaled effect like the first WW ships had pre RADAR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzle_camouflage

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

You paintjob will be very "dazzling" when you explode!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

How odd...i just read that article on dazzle camo Monday as a random point of interest..and now i come across it again, LOL.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Serendipity

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

"By The Power of Wikipedia!" It's were I get all my random facts and useless information from.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

@barnster: thats acctually a quite good idea, i know for sure i would by some. and if they arent prized too high like (1euro or something) im sure that they could still make alot of money on it due to many people getting them.
    variety is king, always

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I'd prefer if Wipeout or any game never followed that horrible micro-transaction model.
    I have my personal reasons, but there are a few objective ones:
    1. We've seen what happened with WipEout Pulse and the packs that contain only one ship and two tracks, priced ridiculously high and not being purchased as the result. Sure they dropped the price after, but I doubt they are selling today.
    2. WipEout HD wouldn't be synonym with good value for money anymore. We just got the Fury pack and all the stuff that comes with it, for only 10$. Start selling one ship skin for 1$, and then a bunch more later on... You're not getting the same amount of stuff for 10$ if you buy 10 ship skins...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I got to say, micro transactions are horrible. I'm a fan of one-time charge and if that would stay that way it'd be great.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

ok but...people let me tell you my reasoning:

the fury pack bring on the new shiny ultra cool tweaked for better performance models...now what will be the end of the old ones?
    have you try to switch between the old and new ships on the menu and take a deep look...what is the result? OBSOLETE , old ships are obsolete, you can like the new ones or not, this not change this fact, that for old ones not just only the result to introduce a new ship by the same manufacture but with better overal performance turn the desire and the need to use the old one again near ZERO , but even aesthetically talking...they LOOKS OBSOLETE

so would have been an intelligent move to bring new fresh skins for old ships into the mix, to induce people to re-use them again with more happines

so

new models - reason to use: they are NEW, they are BETTER and more vary

old models - reason to use: would have been a valid reason to have just a fresh touch of new coloured skin paints even just for the eye-candy sake

just a thought

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

You talking bad about my old AG-S darkfaery?
    Those look like fight'n words, they best not be fight'n words

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Oi, Badmouth my AG Sys and Ill wreck your face!