Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No New Coloured Skins for the New Ships? what a let down!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

Well have you guys taken a look at Armored core for ps3?
    It has a decent customizing system for mechs with several movable parts with various colors for each part(main,sub,support,optional,joint, and device) that can have altered RGB..plus preset decals (each with 5 color presets)that can be added to as layers upon layers to make a variety of schemes and designs.
    Last edited by DividedXZero; 5th August 2009 at 09:39 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Do you know if there are any videos of that feature DividedXZero? It would be good to see that it in action somewhere to get a point of reference.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

trying to find a decent one (but just found the complex one that show's how the decals system can be used to make "art work" and landscapes-> and unexpected unorthodox approach to the system implemented)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Quote Originally Posted by Sven View Post
    God, I hope not. Wipeout HD, for all it is, still never really felt full enough for me. It feels like a warm-up or intermediate game to tide us over until a major retail release. But maybe that's just because I don't have to put a disc in the system to play it.
    HD itself wasn't enough, but we knew DLC was coming. And Fury + HD is easily equivalent to a retail release. And I'm sure it's not the last DLC pack...

If there's ever a retail release it'll be HD Fury on Blu-Ray. Or Possibly HD Fury + whatever extras are next on Blu-Ray.

Personally, I quite like that each ship has only one skin; it means that the teams should stay with their 'proper' colours - and with that in mind, I don't want a skin editor, at all. A Green Goteki? A Yellow Icaras? Cool, perhaps, but it wouldn't feel right to me. If they included one, i'd like it so that you had to stick to team colours, so any Goteki variant still had to be yellow/pink/black.... most people probably wouldn't like that restriction though.

Bottom line, nah, I'd rather not have skin editors (just another DLC/ Full new release).

PSN ID
    love9sick

The issue with custom skins that I see is that when you make a new skin and I join your game in order for me to see it I would have to down load it. Everyone would be racing with new skins all the time and this would increase load times and server loads but a significant amount.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    If you mean Ayane from Dead or Alive, then based on my very limited (honest ) knowledge of the female characters from that game, I think the reaction would be more like:

"Oh it's Vart. Check out the big boob. And that chick on his ship ain't bad either"

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...g?t=1249512407

Threw That together. Thats what I would make to be my custom skin. got lazy on the tail end.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Lovesick, is it possible that since all WO matches are held online while connected to the master server that when you make you skin it auto uploads it to the master server which saves it. This way the load time is not based on a user to user, resulting in a smaller loading time? I'm just throwing it out there.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by love9sick View Post
    The issue with custom skins that I see is that when you make a new skin and I join your game in order for me to see it I would have to down load it. Everyone would be racing with new skins all the time and this would increase load times and server loads but a significant amount.
    It's working fine for Armored Core online multiplayer...
    Remember: Armored Core's system is based on a predetermined colour palette (Though you can select any RGB and luminance value as well, from 0 to 255) affecting specific regions on the metal plating of the NEXT (The robot), and premade decals (Though you can make custom ones in a small design tool similar to MS Paint afaik) All of that is already in each and every copy of the game, therefore you only have to load the correct RGB value for each ship/skin region, and the locations of which decals. There's no need of uploading/downloading anything to any server, it's all peer to peer.
    Why I suggest a similar system to be implemented in WipEout HD if they ever want to allow custom skins is exactly because of this: they have no moderation work to do (Everything is premade, so you couldn't possibly make in sexually oriented, violent or defamatory skin) and there is no real download/upload problem. Also, skins can be as detailed as the original one if done right, since you aren't touching the bump/specular map, only the hue of that specific piece of metal plating.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

It's possible. Hopefully SL is listening and can give us some feedback on whther it's viable.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Actually DD, You COULD make something offensive, I prefer the paint systems of Old Armored Cores, Where you get the MS paint type program. Now they have this crappy decal system.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I haven't played the recent ones except AC4 a long time ago, don't remember what exactly are the possibilities. But you think that with the decals alone you could make a naked woman and stamp it on your ship? (Provided you can't make custom decals and it isn't in the game) That seems far more likely to happen with that painting tool they had than only decals.
    And it can't be with the colour palette, because that is only for certain sections of the ship, like top, rear, underside, cockpit left, cockpit right, etc.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Yep, You bet you can make a naked woman, Ive seen it done, Ive seen Lots of hentai on ACFA. Hell in AC1 I made a Custom Ayane Decal, I could of just as easilly stripped the clothes off if I so desired. That was in 1995. Now imagine when the Eisels are huge. you could easilly make a large... undesirable object on your ship.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3.../IMG_00061.jpg

thats 1996 Graphics right there.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yes, but if you CANT make custom decals, there's no way there will be any hentai on any custom skin
    If you only have the colour modifier and premade decals (Basically just like the online skin editor at wipeout-game, without the ability to export to Photoshop), there's no way you would be able to do it.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Have you played 4 Answer? Im telling you, its possible. They have Basic Shapes and a Color pallete for the shapes as well. You could easilly make a Naughty object with just decals.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Ah I see now, but that wasn't an issue with Pulse anyways as they allowed you to export to Photoshop... So if they didn't care then, they probably wouldn't now I guess...
    But if they want SL could easily not give basic shapes and just use logos (Like Mirage, Triakis, Goteki logos) and text (warning, exhaust, caution, fx-350), so unless you really want your naked girl, it's not happening.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

i agree on how epic it would be to make custom skins for the ships in WO-HD.
    although we would probably see a lot of skin-coloured piranhas out there then
    but i were also disapointed in the lack of variety on the fury liveries. but its not all bad
    IMHO, the fury ships looks way better in silver skin than the HD ships, and also some of the ships suit the transparent bodypanels nicely. so basically my only complaint on them is the fact that theres still only "one" livery pr team thats unique. and although i like moste of the standatd liveries in fury some variation is ALWAYS welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicChaos View Post
    It's possible. Hopefully SL is listening and can give us some feedback on whther it's viable.
    Its not viable. We were told months ago by SL (before we even seen the more complex Fury craft) that it was not possible due to the number of poylgons and the complexity of each ship.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

i've start this thread...when i've start this thread i haven't in mind to start a flame war, so...i haven't read the entire thread yet, i've stop to read after the hot post

in fact, i haven't mentioned any damned skin editor, and to all the detractors of skin editor good points, in fact, i never want a skin editor...why?
    simple: 'cause it would take away valuable time & money to SL and all the effort they can do it would end surelly as a crappy thing, it has been repeat to death...not to burn the dreams to anyone, but this is it

now, my reason to start this thread was simple: i did think that the new models have at least another coloured skin ( since was already clear looking in the menu that one of them was sure a battle zone skin ), and i didn't think that SL reused the ultra-crappy and useless as hell chrome skin again, who, c'mon telling the truth don't like so much at many people around...

can i've the right to be quite dissapointed for this reason?