Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No New Coloured Skins for the New Ships? what a let down!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

mmmmmm 1920 pixels.....
    although i might just be able to see it cos i'm massively zoomed out

i love jasmine's subtlety

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

There's no point having custom ship skins for the new Fury Icaras. Nothing can save us from Icaras's ugly behind.

Custom skins would be a nice addition, but better than new tracks? I think someone just plays this game for the pretty colours.

Also, this isn't aimed at anyone specific. It's just a general point. But why does almost every thread these days seem to turn into a wish list of things people want added to the game? A lot of the same people who talk about how amazing Fury is, particularly for £8, are constantly asking for more, and at no added cost. Why not just say, "Fury's amazing, now give me this, that, that other thing, and a few more of these, and then maybe I'll be happy"? It's reasonable for people's opinions to change a bit here and there as their experience is updated, but the hypocrisy around here recently has reached insane levels. It's fine to make the observation that perhaps it was a missed opportunity, but folks should stop demanding so much of SL. It's no wonder they don't have time to fix bugs in the game when they have to try and keep up with what little Timmy wants for Christmas.

If you want to see new stuff in future WipEout games, then go here:
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Who knows, maybe if people just get on and play the current game, then they might actually have time to work on a completely new WipEout game in future.

its what makes us human..whatever we get humans want more.its what drives us..without that we would never of got out of being monkeys.

One monkey says "iwant more lets learn to walk and make some clothes"

monkey 2 say "no no no things are fine lets enjoy what we have who wants a audi tt when i got my bananna and my tree"
    monkey one say "well see you in my zoo in 6 million years adios.."

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

You are one confused individual. Self improvement and greed are not the same thing. Asking for more and striving to improve are completely different.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I think you are confused... How is it greed to say that we would like to see this and that implemented in WipEout HD?
    Key words: we would like to see.

IMO the game "needs" custom skins because that feature is simply awesome. The way they do it, and if they do it, is up to SL, but I find that it lacks it. The game isn't bad without it (It's great already actually), but having it would make it so much better (Which is what everyone here is saying.)

So I don't know where you get the idea of "hypocrisy", we already paid for the Fury expansion and that's probably the only thing that matters to SL. We are simply suggesting some new cool features that they could implement or not, and nobody's been saying for free. They could very well make us pay for it in a new DLC, I wouldn't be against it.

can be relevant and connected. i think the monkey thing was proberly a crap example and maybe i am greedy but I still want custom skins .

Edit btw mr saturn..im am not one confussed individual..i am a bit blonde and scatty at times but i definatlry got my head screwed on the right way.

Edit 2 btw my saturn that guide thing we were talking about...it's almost finshed i will send it to you ..please tell me what you think
    Last edited by Aeroracer; 5th August 2009 at 08:10 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

First off, the custom skin aspect was discussed before Fury was even announced(at least i know that for a fact on Gfaqs).

I dont recall anyone saying we wanted it free, i'd pay a few bucks for a dlc that allowed some sort of ship color/scheme customizing.

Personally i dont think we should be limited to team colors, since not all of the HD ships followed that in a very strick manner. (I do think the Armored Core approach would be a happy medium for SL to create and for us to get what we would want).

*I like the Icaras Fury behind design-very compact and fitting to the ship's overall demeanor IMO

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    There's no point having custom ship skins for the new Fury Icaras. Nothing can save us from Icaras's ugly behind.

Custom skins would be a nice addition, but better than new tracks? I think someone just plays this game for the pretty colours.

Also, this isn't aimed at anyone specific. It's just a general point. But why does almost every thread these days seem to turn into a wish list of things people want added to the game? A lot of the same people who talk about how amazing Fury is, particularly for £8, are constantly asking for more, and at no added cost. Why not just say, "Fury's amazing, now give me this, that, that other thing, and a few more of these, and then maybe I'll be happy"? It's reasonable for people's opinions to change a bit here and there as their experience is updated, but the hypocrisy around here recently has reached insane levels. It's fine to make the observation that perhaps it was a missed opportunity, but folks should stop demanding so much of SL. It's no wonder they don't have time to fix bugs in the game when they have to try and keep up with what little Timmy wants for Christmas.

If you want to see new stuff in future WipEout games, then go here:
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Who knows, maybe if people just get on and play the current game, then they might actually have time to work on a completely new WipEout game in future.
    Well the thing is, there's no reason to consider a completely new Wipeout yet. They've put so much effort into upgrading the PSP games for PS3, I highly doubt they've also been working on a brand new engine. HD isn't a taster for the real thing - it is the PS3's Wipeout, and I don't think we'll see another all-new game until the next generation. But Fury shows how a DLC pack can not only add content but transform the presentation of a game. There's plenty more tracks they could do for another DLC pack, and I'm sure they won't stop at just tracks again. Custom skins is just one thing they could add to a future DLC pack to sweeten the deal.

But HD + Fury is already a very complete Wipeout, and there is little reason to make such a significant add-on again. HD needed Fury to make it the full fat. Now we're just greedy for more tracks. They could easily do a pack of two tracks (+ two reverse) for £4.99, and not everyone would be convinced. But throw in a basic skin editor as well...

PSN ID
    finngers

I was browsing around some wipeout websites before and there was a section on one site where people had uploaded there customs skins for one of the older games and to be honest they looked horrible. Also the new ship skins look fantastic anyway, I don't see any reason to mess with them, frankly I'd prefer for them to stay the way they are rather then be racing seven fugly abominations like this haha

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheDukeZip

I'd just be afraid that with custom skins you're gonna end up in a race with a bunch of kids who think it's funny to make a ship covered in "boobies!" or some obscene pictures... how do other games that allow custom skins handle this?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

I would like to see any new feature added to WO, and I have no problem paying for it. The game is already given me more content and fun for half the cost of most other games. The only thing that SL can do is keep adding content to make it even better, well worth the extra costs that they SHOULD charge.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

Or you could have one like this

(A personal favorite)

@Jasmin: Thanks, it's my Monster energy themed Pulse skin (The proper way to have an ad, vs state farms approach..lol)
    Last edited by DividedXZero; 5th August 2009 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedScar View Post
    I would like to see any new feature added to WO, and I have no problem paying for it. The game is already given me more content and fun for half the cost of most other games. The only thing that SL can do is keep adding content to make it even better, well worth the extra costs that they SHOULD charge.

I can t see a problem with custom skins. so what if a dumb kid makes a ship with boobs all over it ..chances are you wont even see him till you lap him..

My experience with custom whatever is yes some players make crap things but most want to try hard and make the best thing possible.

the best skin in the world is gonna get real boring sooner or later custom skins breathe life into dying games..

Edit..love the ship divided-zero. mean looking

Asl ace about what custom skins didi to psp wipeout..just made a good game better...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I'm not saying it's wrong to suggest things for the future of the game. I'm saying it's wrong to turn every thread into a wish list. It's not this thread specifically, but it's a fair example, and the majority of the time people are asking for this stuff to be included in upcoming patches, which I read as free patches. Maybe that was an incorrect assumption, but I think based on many people's comments, it's a fair assumption. Some people are being quite demanding. You Darkdrium tell me I'm confused and use the words, "would like to see", but you yourself actually use the word "needs". Anyway, I'm not attacking you here. This is an opinion based on a general feeling of multiple posts, by various users in various threads. I just think it's getting out of hand when it happens in so many threads and on some occasions leads them way off topic and prevents genuine proper discussion around a topic. I think it's especially unnecessary when there is already a thread called patch change requests, another called suggestions for upcoming patches and a whole forum section devoted to suggestions for the future of WipEout.

fair point mr saturn..

But you didnt answer my rmarks

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Quote Originally Posted by PLazarou View Post
    it is the PS3's Wipeout, and I don't think we'll see another all-new game until the next generation.
    God, I hope not. Wipeout HD, for all it is, still never really felt full enough for me. It feels like a warm-up or intermediate game to tide us over until a major retail release. But maybe that's just because I don't have to put a disc in the system to play it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

@jasmin-jade: A lot of people said stuff while I was typing. Folks are too quick for me. I'm getting old.

Anyway, thanks for doing that. I'm sure it will be very informative.

PSN ID
    finngers

Haha yeah that does look nice, some of them are alright so sorry if I just shat on anyone skins from that website in my previous post lol...

Also the ships in HD and especially Fury look a lot more complex so what I'm getting at I guess is if they did make it availiable (I'd buy any wipeout DLC whatever it is (animal skins>*)) that it would be very hard to make a decent looking skin, even moreso than it was for the pulse (I'd imagine, I'd still give it a crack if it was available)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    but you yourself actually use the word "needs".
    "Needs" to "make it so much better"
    Of course there are other things that can be added too that could make the game so much better, but IMO it's a critical improvement SL could bring to the game if they wanted to

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

For me it would be a novelty rather than an important update, but that's personal opinion. It would be pretty funky in some ways, especially as a lot of people have already got ship designs up their sleeves, many of which are very impressive.

finngers has a valid point . I think someone (maybe PB) pointed out how hard it is to make angular/fractured designs like the Fury ships work. Does that mean it would be much more difficult to implement on the Fury ships than the HD ships? I don't know, just asking. Similarly, can anyone more knowledgeable than I, on this kind of thing, see key issues that would prevent this from being implemented at all? If HD is pushing the limits of what the PS3 can do (which I think I read it is), then perhaps it would only be possible to create very simple graphics for the ships. Pure ignorant speculation on my part, but if anyone has input it would be appreciated.