Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: No New Coloured Skins for the New Ships? what a let down!

PSN ID
    PLazarou

darkfaerytales, I'm afraid you're talking nonsense. The performance advantage from the Fury ships is very small, in fact I've not really found any benefit from using them. Some of them are cool, for instance the new Qirex feels a bit better to pilot than the old one, but at Phantom speeds I invariably pick AG Systems, and I prefer the old one (in both feel and design).

On top of this, it feels very satisfying to beat Fury ship users online with an old ship. Myself and DividedXZero were laying the smack down yesterday on Fury users with our HD ships. Great fun!

And if you want to talk purely about design, I still think the HD versions of Icaras, AG Systems and Harimau look better than their Fury counterparts.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I still like the old skins. They're super smexy! Except AG-S, which I've always found flat and soulless. But perhaps you're right DFT, some new skins for the old ones could have been a good way to encourage more people to still use them, as the stats of the new ships are making them more favoured by most online (fair enough) and it would be a shame if the old ones became like rare birds that we were amazed to see flying around the place.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

The only one that is flat and soulless is Goteki 45. But they absolutely nailed the Fury version - looks awesome!

The Fury version of the AG Systems exaggerates the flatness imo, because it's more angular.

But ultimately, you should be flying the ship you feel most comfortable with. In my case it's AG Systems, even though I've become sick of staring at its backside.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I love the new Harimau, the old one was as attractive as... a ugly chick at a bar before a few drinks. The new one looks like a Ugly chick at a bar after alot of drinks! PURE SEX.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

I think the new AG-S is pretty sexy tbh. Except from the rear. Which is where you normally see it from. :s

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

lol I actually like the rear of the AG-S and hate the front. The new Harimau is awesome...save for the back of it lol.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I don't mind the new Icaras design personally, but it's all a matter of personal preference. The stats really aren't upgraded significantly, so any good pilot can overcome it easily.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

ok, i'm talking nonsense...

i'm talking for the hundred of people that aren't exatly the uber-elite phantom pilot , try to think from an average people point of view sometimes

have you ever try to let see wipeout hd to some of your friends who has never seen any wipeout game before?

ok, if yes, describe me their comments, and how you can explain some facts about wipeout game/universe and some of the new chooses

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

My Friend who played wipeout for the first time last week says he likes the old Mirage more then the New Mirage.

He says the new mirage looks cooler.

So there, Newbie pilot likes onld ships more then new ones.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Correction - One newbie pilot likes the old version of one of the ships more than the new version. It's been mentioned by various people that they feel new Mirage is funny looking.

In general I feel there is more of a sense that the old ships are worse. It doesn't make a huge difference in online races, but I do agree that more people who are new to the game will only see stats. This isn't a new thing. Who remembers all the comments that Harimau is obsolete because it has virtually the same stats as Assegai, but has slightly worse thrust? Some people do only see the stats. Although to be honest, for those people I don't think new skins for the old ships would be of any consequence.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Quote Originally Posted by darkfaerytales View Post
    ok, i'm talking nonsense...

i'm talking for the hundred of people that aren't exatly the uber-elite phantom pilot , try to think from an average people point of view sometimes

have you ever try to let see wipeout hd to some of your friends who has never seen any wipeout game before?

ok, if yes, describe me their comments, and how you can explain some facts about wipeout game/universe and some of the new chooses
    I'm not an uber-elite phantom pilot either. And my friend also agrees with me that the Fury Icaras doesn't look as good as the old one.

I think you misunderstand me. I'm saying that you'd have to be a pretty spectacular pilot to gain anything from the improved stats of the Fury ships. There's always tenths of seconds to be gained from just taking a slightly better line through a corner, before a slightly improved ship makes any difference. I for one have never reached the limits of the HD ships' capabilities.

I was just disputing the fact you said the Fury ships make the HD ones "OBSOLETE". This is totally incorrect. If, as an average pilot, you reckon you're getting a performance advantage from using a Fury ship, you are wrong. The only difference is that they 'feel' slightly different in terms of handling. And if you find the Fury ones 'feel' better to you, that's fair enough. But I can guarantee that someone (who was taking better lines) in an HD ship could easily come along and beat your times, etc.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Bring back the old 2097 flying pig or turtle ships you could get by entering a code.

And the snail and the swimming shark!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Oh those were so great. What ever happened to cheat codes like that?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

They died a long time ago unfortunately, replaced by DLC content and modding.