Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What pisses you off most in Eliminator mode?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Actually I like not being able to see them. Setting up ambushes are fun, besides there's the indicator at the bottom that tells you when you're close to someone and if they're facing backwards.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

i dont really like eliminator at all anyway lol its just a matter of luck, if ur opponents got better weapons than u, ur screwed so.... the eliminator mode itself pisses me off lol

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

If they do get better weapons and you have a crappy one, waste it for a sheild.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by CJS
    What pisses you off most in Eliminator mode?
    The elimination.

When I lurked under the crest of the hill, turned and fired a plasma over it when the enemy ships came near, making a sneaky elimination... that was awesome. What I don't like is when people shield as soon as i drain them. I mean, I understand why, it's just annoying - especially offline, where I'm sure the AI cheat, always having a shield in skilled/elite, even if they have recently fired a weapon and havent been near a pad....

Generally, I love the Eliminator mode though. It's really awesome. Ive played it about 5 times online (only got Fury 2 days ago, I was on hols) and won 2 of those. I routinely get 'Most Aggressive' in races though, so I suppose it's no suprise that I enjoy it...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Quote Originally Posted by fusionfrenzy View Post
    ...I'm sure the AI cheat, always having a shield in skilled/elite, even if they have recently fired a weapon and havent been near a pad....
    I noticed that too, and came up with the conclusion that the AI gets powerups at certain intervals in eliminator regardless whether they passed over a weapon pad or not. This is even more aggravating in Zone Battle, where AI ships get an increase in his zone bar regardless whether they passed over a zone pad or not. I'm not sure if this is true for novice or skilled, since I only played the campaign events in elite mode.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I think it still applies, but it doesn't fill up nearly as fast and they rarely use it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

I also hate when you hear a weapon warning, burn a pickup for a shield, but the shield runs out just before the weapon actually hits you. Or when you activate the shield .2 seconds too late.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

lol this seem to always happen to me in races in stead of eliminator.
    if i run over a weaponpad when a quake hits me you can bet your ass i get a shield lol.

i like eliminator it put me back to a positive K/D .

but things i hate in it is beeing wtfbbq-raped on the second turn against elite AI. never had problems doing them eventually but sometimes they are just not fair lol. l

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Another one of my pet hates is when I act stupid: press L1, drop my mines, turn around again and fly straight into them. Guess I'm used to just flying straight through them in Pure...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

The sheild seems to dissapate the second a weapon comes at me as well. Very frustrating.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Quote Originally Posted by DeepMix View Post
    i dont really like eliminator at all anyway lol its just a matter of luck, if ur opponents got better weapons than u, ur screwed so.... the eliminator mode itself pisses me off lol

Hey, buddy. I actually disagree about it solely being a matter of luck. Sure, there's luck involved, but that can be said about every other online mode too. There's skill and strategy involved, as well though, for sure. All I know is I had been dominating eliminator mode offline...found it so easy. So, I decided to try online to see if my skills would carry over at all. Did three, full-room, eliminator events. The result? Third place, first place then first place again. Guess I'm just lucky.
    Last edited by LOUDandPROUD; 6th August 2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

but im just talking about eliminator, u dont need that much skills like if u were playing races or zone battles, in here u just need weapons, u dont need to do barrel rolls neither shortcuts and worring about finishing a lap but that is just my opinion

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

only skill you actually need is a good aim, and a good tactical overview. as you said the rest is luck. but the good eliminator players seem to get top positions most of the times, so some skill is definetely required although not necessarily the same you use in a race.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Another thing: starting in the back. Seems like people in the back get kinda screwed in both Eliminator and Zone Battle

Re: Luck: I think Eliminator is like Poker...definately some luck, but a lot of skill.

PSN ID
    akirapill

Getting eliminated then spawing to find you've already been knocked down to 2
    shield with no chance of avioding any of it.

Not knowing who just shot you, the name on the right should flash or
    something. You know, for the vindictive bastards amongt us who wanna go get
    em back.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Oh yes, revenge would be so nice. I also love how the cpu can read your mind and magically have a sheild ready.

PSN ID
    Chuckzombie

I've always loved Eliminator mode until this evening. Regardless of whether I win or lose, it always puts a big grin on my face, because I just love the absolute mayhem of it all, but tonight it just p*ssed me off totally because only one of out every three weapons pads worked. They 'bleeped' when I flew over, but no weapon was given, so I was being shot to hell time after time. I knew it was time to switch off when I knocked my beer over!

SL, you owe me a guinness!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

lol. When I play games, it's time for the kids of the neighborhood to cover their ears.

^ Chuck, that happened to me today as well..very irritating. Is some bug spreading? :s.