Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What pisses you off most in Eliminator mode?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kerni86

Quote Originally Posted by XBARNSTERX View Post
    When you do create your own game the few that join soon leave.
    Thats not correct; yesterday i hosted a Eliminatorgame for more than 1 hour (on Rapier), with 6 - 8 players all the time.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I think he was meaning a Single Race game.

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Yes i did mean single race games, i have pilot assist off too. Seems like the only games you see are anulpha pass over and over again that actually have pilot assist off. Bring on Avalon

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I play with pilot assist and hints off. Seems people don't like that either. I was talking about SR or Tournament as well. Eliminator has no issues getting people.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Online Eliminator is frustrating... those guys push you out of the way of the weapon pads and sometimes when you do cross over one, it doesn't give you anything! Good thing I have AG Assasin now and don't need to play it online anymore

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

It's seems that you can't chain shields together. There has to be a break in between.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

It's to stop exactly that, other wise what fun would that be?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

Not a lot upsets me in this mode TBH. It's like online Halo, you can get completely handled one second and be right back in competition the next. And that it doesn't require any particular skill. Shoot stuff. "Aim Quake"

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Quote Originally Posted by SonicChaos View Post
    It's to stop exactly that, other wise what fun would that be?
    Well if you're absorbing weapons you certainly can't score so I can't see where there would be any advantage in continually absorbing however there's times when more than one shield would be advantageous. I would assume it's your choice whether to use one or not. If it's not "fun" then they shouldn't be used at all.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    PoliPino

The only thing that annoys me are the blank pickups. A couple times this weekend, I would fly over 3 or 4 pads in a row, get the bing, but no weapon. It kind of ruins a match that depends on weapons, especially when the second after I get the blank pad, I see the quake coming at me or the unavoidable mines, but I can't shield because I have no weapon

Other than that, I love eliminator. The sheer mayhem is absolutely beautiful. I dare say it's even more destructive fun than Twisted Metal.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

@craw Well you most certainly won't win by sheilding all the time it also prevents other players from scoring points on you. I guess they just didn't want people absorbing and scoring points on Perfect laps.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    tencinas03

When after you get hit by any weapon, you stall....your a sitting duck for about 2 seconds! That's when I seem to always get plowed by rockets!!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Frame dropping and broken weapons pads. Other than that, it's a good show.

lucky bastards that get the elimination you earned and did the work for, because your victim still had 3% of energy after your shot....

Respawning and going critical before I can even move is really annoying and happens occationally .

Not being able to pick up any weapon pads for like, an entire lap because everyone keeps stealing them is also really irritating.

The only other thing I hate is that a lot of people play on the Fury tracks and I haven't been on any of them really apart from Syncopia and Mallavol so I end up crashing a lot, but that's my own fault for not doing the Fury campaign yet .

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

getting hit by weapons itself is the most frustrating thing in the game, and a whole mode practically dedicated to that seems kinda not my style...

well, getting hit by weapons and people hogging your line, but only one is eminent in eliminator

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Dark-Twisted

Am I the only one who hates offline Eliminator events? It's the only kind of event I have issues with in the Fury campaign, and while I see that some skill is required (which I must not have), it does seem to be a lot about luck. You'd better hope like hell the AI is going easy on you. Annoys me real bad >_<

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

To me,if it is offline Eliminator,I don't mind.There is no lag as everything is local,on one system.
    Online Eliminator gets me because you never know if bad packets get sent.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    PEPEDA

I love eliminator !!!!