Thread: hd speedup help

Default hd speedup help

Some fun races, and some awful races with lag online. It seems to be that when I am behind the lag becomes horrific, making it near impossible to steer, add the mines in that slow you down to nothing (even 1 mine is bad), and you get angryman. Getting behind and taking one mine hit seems to make the race about 5-10 seconds slower by the end of the race due to this issue. Against some it is downright atrocious. today playing with leungbok and a few others, my pitch foward was refusing to work right away off one of the last jumps. It seems analog is worse with this lag than digital since you want to turn smoothly, but the game will not let you. At this point, I am sure no fixes will be done, which is unfortunate since the game has the ability to play so well. Don't like to complain too much about this stuff, but the frustration was beyond my limit today. when the game does not have as good a connection as wipeout pure or pulse, something is very wrong

1) IF I am able to speed up my internet connection, will this lag start to go away

2) Is there any way to play the game pre - update 1.30 I think? I seem to remember someone saying something about this. If I have to remove fury that is fine with me.

3) Is there any other way to get rid of this **** lag, it is so frustrating. Time trial is extremely good, and every time I go online, I am hoping for at least something close, HELL I would be happy with a lan connection for the tourney at my house, but do not think that is possible.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

We had a LAN connection at the Euro convention I think. Not sure who the best guy is to talk to about setting it up though. AnErare or eLhabib maybe?

Whatever the setup was that we were using, it was a vast improvement compared to my connection at home. I know the feeling of doing very well in TT offline and then straight after just not being able to get into the flow of things at all online. It really sucks.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

How old is your modem router?
    They slow with age according to some at an extremely geeky internet forum [components drifting out of their tolerances over time]
    Are you using wired or wireless? If wireless try a wired connection if possible to eliminate that as a possible lag culprit.

Things that I've tried that have worked.

Do a search to see if there are any new updated drivers for you particular modem/router, this made a huge difference on one of my previous modems.

In your modem software, have a look in your modem setup screen to see if connection type is set to a specific [like dial up/ ADSL/ADSL2+/Cable etc] or Automatic [sometimes called NO MODE]
    If it's set to Automatic/ NO MODE, try changing it to your specific connection type.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Welcome to the way I die. Wired, slower-than-modem web speeds ftw.

If you find the lag too unbearable (multiple 180 lag-spins every other race etc...), go offline and kill some PBs in Time Trial, that's what I do.

What's your net like?

thanks guys, that is kinda what I do as well, except I am probably a bigger glutton for punishment. I have a comcast router, need it for the stuff I have. Maybe they have a faster connection speed than what I have. I am wired, but I guess I could go to the cat 6 ethernet wire. I'll have my nephew come and help me with some of those connections. Man, if that is LAN, I need to know how to do that. That would be amazing for the tourney.

I actually was today considering going to split screen (sees people screaming). At least with that, you know it is going to play correctly, if at pulse speeds. In fact, it felt very much like pulse due to the framerate. If there is a Lan option someone help me with this, I am begging you

Is it possible to put my system back to 1.26 (I think) and play with that online? I don't give a crap about all the new stuff, when it played so well before. It seems everything that was added made it more laggy

I am going to try to fix some of the issues, but if I cannot, I will probably go back to the other games, which is a shame, because when the game plays well, it really rocks. Either that or play tt only. The Lan option would be great though, I can play against CRUDBALL anytime.
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 8th June 2010 at 01:45 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

Hi JABBERJAW!
    When you play online the "ping" conts much more than your internet bandwith.

If you want we can do just a simple fast test. If you are using windows, go to start, then search/execute and type cmd.
    A simil-dos black window will appear.
    Now type: ping google.com

and let me know how many milliseconds your delay is. Just curious

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I got min. 18 ms
    max. 25ms
    average 22ms
    good or bad?