Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What pisses you off most in Eliminator mode?

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Default What pisses you off most in Eliminator mode?

Personally, it's when Harimau is always shielding. It gives me a good excuse to rip it's head off when it stops, though -_-
    NO-ONE SHIELDS AROUND CJ AND LIVES TO TELL THE TALE!
    Last edited by CJS; 4th August 2009 at 08:04 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

Vista-pads really pisses me off. On some occasions I pass over 3-4 pads before even getting a pickup. That's a real game-breaker for me and I avoid playing eliminator because of it. SL needs to fix this problem asap!

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Getting six quakes throughout the event and not getting a single elimination with any of them.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Cerbis

Hear hear, Hellfire. :mad

PSN ID
    DDark101

It does stress me out when i go over three weapon pads and dont get a single pick up but i love eliminator best on flash and rapier cos your not all bunched up like venom i think a quake is over rated in eliminator it doesnt seem to do that much damage but get behind someone with rockets and its instant doom for that sorry soul

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    Getting six quakes throughout the event and not getting a single elimination with any of them.
    Six quakes... never even seen that many in one event, and I've done a couple of 600 point events vs. the AI... I guess my pet peeve is the flip-side of this: getting thrown left and right from dozens of quakes and not getting a single one myself.

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Online vista pads. you get hammered with rockets and missile etc and cant return the favour, this has cost me the win on many an occasion .

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Yeah... in Pure and Pulse quake was, like, a lethal weapon and now it only kills as much energy as a barrel roll drains (15%). Plasma is 4 times more powerful.
    Building on my anti-Harimau campaign thing, I got Elimin18 on Harimaus alone

PSN ID
    Andybob35/ZoNeS

Practically killing one person then waiting for the next power up to finish and WHAM!!! reverse quake taking dim down and crippling me at the same time.

or alternatively shield for a lap and then attack while everyones weak from the mayhem....

PSN ID
    PLazarou

'Pissing me off' is a bit harsh, but the most obvious issue for me is the framerate. It quite clearly does not stick to the claimed 60fps. It's a damn sight better than Eliminator in Wipeout Pulse, but it could be better...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Tezasaurus

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    Harimau

Vista pads are the only thing I dislike. I love Eliminator mode, it's a lot of fun with friends

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    KamatsuKyoto

The lack of Repulsor and Shuriken from Pulse...

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Quote Originally Posted by XBARNSTERX View Post
    Online vista pads. you get hammered with rockets and missile etc and cant return the favour, this has cost me the win on many an occasion .
    Ditto

PSN ID
    love9sick

It is my fault really but I continue to press circle in hopes that i trade it in for life only to have to yell "doh!" when I realize I get a shield for about 2 seconds.
    Last edited by love9sick; 5th August 2009 at 07:56 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Agree on repulsor & shuriken, but they shouldn't let the AI use repulsor- or else I'd be blowing up every 3 seconds. I don't like getting hit by a quake that goes forward and backward and is as strong as a plasma. SCEEL could add the to Wipeout HD err... Ponies- IMEAN, Acid, I mean the next DLC...
    Edit: Sorry Tez. Mirage sucks, too, and their Fury ship looks like a VW beetle from the back (no rly, it does)
    Last edited by CJS; 5th August 2009 at 04:36 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Well I really like Eliminator I find it amazingly well done... I have no complains, and if you play Online it's better, the only thing that I hate is when your luck is doomed and you get the worst weapons.

I also love the feeling of desperation when you hear "PLASMA BALL" or "QUAKE" and then you hear the Plasma Ball coming behind you xD arg I love that.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I hate it when you get hit by a quake and then some rockets and a missle to blow you up from practically full sheilds. I have had that happen waaay to many times.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Quote Originally Posted by Luillin View Post
    I also love the feeling of desperation when you hear "PLASMA BALL" or "QUAKE" and then you hear the Plasma Ball coming behind you xD arg I love that.
    Yeah, the plasma sounds like a mental stopwatch or something... *TICKTICKTICKTICKBOOM* lol

Timezone
    GMT -8

When I hit the reverse button and fired off my rockets. Two rockets hit two different ships head on, eliminating them both, and I won the round.

Oh wait, that was great.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Heh, I've done that. Forget missle locks for 30 seconds, that stupid trophy should have been getting two eliminations with one rocket pickup, heh.

But what I hate is when people are sitting still on the track and you can't see them until they clobber you with rockets. I think there should be indicators to highlight where enemy ships are, like in the reverse view.