Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Modesto vs New Modesto, what do you think? what do you prefer?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sh1kamaru-

/me is now thinking of a jet set wipeout hd where you could spraypaint the whole track xD

I understand what you mean, the new clean MH looks like a whole new track, still I find it nice though

@blackwiggle, on the amphiseum you can take the U-turn right though it looks really hard at first, you may eventually sideshift when you come out that curve to avoid hitting the wall

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Remember Wipeout 3SE? Did it not say somewhere that the classic tracks in that game were UPGRADED to meet the new standard? It makes sense then, that during the upgrade process here they cleaned the track up.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

yes, they added the box to original wipeout tracks, some aesthetic changes in better here and there, better graphics that's all

gare d'europa remains gare d'europa , dark, gritty, underground, and rainy

altima VII remains altima VII , astonishing

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Syntek

Quote Originally Posted by Amorbis View Post
    I like both old, gritty Modesto and the new clean, utopian Modesto. By the looks of things Modesto was changed to fit into the Fury aesthetic better, it might have looked out of place had it been graffiti'd up and still a bit grimy. Fury and HD in general has that more minimalist look to it, if that's the right term.

New Modesto Heights is probably my favourite out of the two, but not by much. I like the new look and it has the unfair advantage of being able to have the extra little details like the crazy robot in the tunnel and the skies filled with traffic, both near and far.

As a circuit it's fun to race too, it isn't the easiest track to navigate but it's fun trying .
    I have to disagree.

I personally believe that Fury is an expansion of Aggression. So a Graffitti version of Modesto would make much more sense seeing that it would blend more with the whole Agression theme of Fury. I mean look at the main menu and the sounds of the main menu. Looks corrupted and evil, a dark techno beat to it, with static menus cutting in and out, suggesting it's not configured properly.

The new introduction with the Studio Liverpool logo is also a way of promoting evil and corruption.

Looks like the introduction is broken but it's really not. If you guys know what I mean anyways.