Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Game You Bought?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

Default Warning!! - metroid fanatic ahead!!

The last game I bought was metroid fusion. Short and linear(not what you'd expect from a metroid game), but fun all the same. The next game I plan on buying is the Metroid Prime Triology Bundle for the wii, even though I already own all three of them. Why am I buying all these metroid games you ask? Just gearing up for the near endless hours I'm going to spend playing metroid: other m next year. Despite how it might turn out, IT'S GONNA ROCK!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

@haywire_guy: whats that? wipeout....with gravity? zomg sacrilicious

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Last game I bought was Over-G Fighters for the 360, and I'm in two minds as to wether I like it or not.

Over-G is a flight sim, like the Ace Combat series is a flight sim, but so far it's like comparing GRiD to Gran Turismo. Over-G has far more realism, such as taxing (Taxying? Taxeing?) down the runway before you take off, and a landing system I've yet to master (Overshot once, and crashed the second time!)

The damage is also pretty brutal, took a broadside from a battleship and lost power to the engines, not even enough to keep it airborne, that was a long, slow desicion over where to dump the plane (That patch of ocean looks good...)

However, planes take AGES to maneuver around and I'll have to bone up on my missile names because I have no idea what I'm using. I also can't barrel roll to avoid incoming missiles.

So yeah, I like it because it's got some good features, but I don't like it because it's not exactly easy. Practice makes perfect, eh?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

Street Fighter ex3
    Finally arrived
    Street Fighter ex3 was released for the PS2 in 2000/2001 , it's a sequel to Street Fighter ex and ex2 on the PS1 from former Capcom staff Arika
    the game plays just like most other Street Fighters and has a Tag system oh and it's in 3D sweet
    I bought this game because I have fond memories of playing 'Street Fighter ex + a' on a borrowed PS1 as a kid.
    sorry about the bad vid, it was the best I could find with Garuda my favourite character thus far(I've put in about 2 - 3 hours)
    If your looking for an interesting take on SF with some pretty cool and varied character design check out the ex series

-zershen
    Attached Images Attached Images

@Harvai: mm.. taxiing?

-----------

most recent purchase for me is Forza 2 Motorsport. Haven't had a chance to do more than a few freedrives to get the feel of the physics engine, which is pretty damned good. Been too busy obsessing with another game, Soul Calibur IV, finally got access to all equipment last night, but there's a few of the ultimate weapons I've not purchased yet; need to battle for more game gold.

PSN ID
    Chuckzombie

Have finally gotten around to playing Dead Space properly at last and I'm loving it. I loved Doom 3 on my PC, but this takes the atmosphere to a whole different level. Can't say I've ever been so nervous or tense playing a game before. Excellent stuff!

If I can refrain from spending my money on drink this weekend, I'll get that copy of Killzone2 I've been promising myself for a while. Should be interesting trying to play my first FPS without a mouse!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

@-zer0shen

Ahh...fond memories indeed...or were they frustrating memories?
    I remember the zangchief similar charater's level was dull..
    The guy with the skull outfit (wannabe super hero!) was funny..
    Vaguely remember the guy on the top right of your pic...

And trying to do Garuga's multihit combo in the challenge mode...i always kept coming up 1-2 hits short of completeting it...LOL (eventually got it though)

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Default @ Chuckzombie

Ahhh Dead Space. I absolutely love that game, id borrowed it to a few friends for ages and finally got it back the other week so I thought id have yet another play through. But I was most of the way through then Fury came out.... bugger. Itll be a while before I finish that off again.

As for KZ2, if its the first FPS youll play without a mouse its going to be weird. Especially if your more used to 'twitch' FPS like say Unreal. KZ2 is sluggish on purpose to try and add a bit of realism to the characters movement. Personally I love the game but this has been a turn off for some people. Definitely pick it up though, the guns, graphics, gameplay and online modes (I couldnt think of something that meant online that started with 'G') are superb!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Just bought Gears of War 2 for 360...it's in transit, so I don't have it yet. Recently beat Bioshock, which was fantastic. Getting ready to play through Mirror's Edge now, which has been sitting on my shelf (along with a bunch of other games I have yet to play) for a long time, thanks to not being able to tear myself away from WO very often.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    BulletWraith

just a little update on ex3
    It destroyed my King of Fighters arcade stick! hahaha
    it won't do up right or right anymore, darn the stick cost more than the game

@ - DividedXZero
    Skullamania? is awesome, him and D. Dark were my favourites from ex + a

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I recently bought another Nintendo 64 which was packaged with two games which I don't own already, Pokémon Snap and Super Mario 64. I also got a Super Scope for my SNES a few days ago for £2.50 All of this goes quite nice in my retro game collection.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Just downloaded Pacman - the original namco classic for my phone, how awesome is that? Retro games rule!

PSN ID
    GreenPhazon

Quote Originally Posted by Amorbis View Post
    I recently bought another Nintendo 64 which was packaged with two games which I don't own already, Pokémon Snap and Super Mario 64. I also got a Super Scope for my SNES a few days ago for £2.50 All of this goes quite nice in my retro game collection.
    You didn't own Mario 64 first time?! How you've missed out!!

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I was always a PlayStation person, I didn't get an N64 until about 4 years ago. There is still a few vital N64 games missing from my collection, I don't own Mario Kart 64, Majora's mask or WipEout 64. I hope to purchase these and a few more in the near future. I collect for a variety of other consoles as well, anything pre-PS2 era usually.

PSN ID
    GreenPhazon

I haven't played WO64. F-Zero X is dissapointing, too. Majora's Mask can be very expensive on cart, if you have a Wii I suggest VC

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

last game bought was Civ 4 complete, along with warlords and BTS expansions for a good friend of mine. We had been chatting about playing for ages so decided to give it a go.

warning Civ will steal your life, all of it. no exceptions I cant begin to explain how much of a time vampire this game is. we have lost entire weekends to playing just one more turn It is good though, despite the fact i wake up late every morning dreaming of ways to reach Robotics quicker, or cunning plans to get my economy running faster.

And this is why no one see's me playing wipeout anymore

PSN ID
    Amorbis

Using eBay I just purchased a fully boxed with instructions copy of WipEout 64 for £3.23. That's the last WipEout I needed to fully complete my WipEout collection. I hope I didn't outbid any other Zone members.

Based on the videos I've watched on YouTube it should be a good game, I've never been keen on the N64 controller though and handling might be a bit weird for me with the analogue stick.

PSN ID
    Chuckzombie

Default @ YouAreFubar

Well KZ2 came in the post on Saturday morning and I have to say I don't think I've been as impressed by a game before. The graphics, pace, feel and overall 'balance' of the game are fantastic. I love the 'weighted' feel of the controls and the way the enemy AI works is superb. Those Helghans really don't want to be shot!

Makes me really glad that I held out and got a PS3 instead of going for the cheap 'n' easy option of the XBox 360. Absolutely brilliant game!

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Good stuff Chuck, im glad you like! I havent played it for a while but im itching to get back on KZ2 online again, but everytime I turn my PS3 on theres WipEout sitting there, temping me......

PSN ID
    ingvildr

I tried to go back and play some kz2 mp last night and just couldn't do it, i've been playing so much wipeout hd that my hands just couldn't get used to 30fps aiming it just felt unplayable, although great game when you get in the zone