Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WipEout Fury tech interview on Eurogamer

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

No Psygnosis era tracks =(

But there is hope? They have the assets for the Pure Classic packs, no? Surely they could use those to release HD Classic packs? Although I'm not sure why it matters since I can't see how PSP assets would have any bearing on an HD PS3 game...

Note to whom it may concern: I would pay $60 for a complete set of Wipeout 1-3 classic tracks. $40-$50 for just XL and 3. $100 for all tracks from 1, XL, 3, Pure, and Pulse.
    Now that I'm on the subject, I'll say I'd pay $20 for the Pulse content that North America never got, but that's a different issue.

But to be honest, I might like to see some new original tracks show up in this game.

PSN ID
    Heasmo

We ramp up the bloom when the detonator bombs explode. This doesn't happen for the normal bombs however, whether on HD tracks or Fury tracks.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Well that's another "feature" removed. There was/is bloom prior to 2.00, because I definitely remember it happening on Sol 2.
    And if you're a dev, make sure to get that tag like Crob has under his username.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Well that's another "feature" removed. There was/is bloom prior to 2.00, because I definitely remember it happening on Sol 2.
    And if you're a dev, make sure to get that tag like Crob has under his username.
    I think you should spend more time playing the game and less time analyzing it in super slow-mo...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I take it 200 hours in WipEout HD is not enough for Mr. here?
    How about if I add the 109 hours from Pulse, the 109 hours from PurE NTSC and the few hours on WipeOut, WipeOut 2097, WipeOut 64 and Wip3out?
    Thanks for the 'sous entendu' though. :/

For the record, everything I mention here is something I noticed while actually playing the game. I have yet to go around any track at slower speeds other than Modesto Heights. Yeah, even Sebenco Climb, my favourite track, didn't get that treatment.

Now about that bloom effect on the bombs RJH, it does it on Sol 2. That I am certain. Probably more tracks, though I'm not sure if its all of them anymore... I think Chengou Project has it too.

PSN ID
    Heasmo

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Nothing has been removed with regards to the bloom. Check Sol 2 and you'll see nothing has changed.

Bloom is on all the time, at various intensities, as dictated by the tone mapping. It will be more noticeable on certain tracks and under different conditions. When a bomb explodes on Sol 2 it is particularly apparent. I'm sure Crob could explain it in more detail.

As regards getting a dev tag, what do I do ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

I'm guessing a PM to the forum administrator (infoxicated) would do it.

EDIT: Regarding the bloom effect on pre-Fury tracks like Sol 2, I also seem to recall it's either much less noticable or not present at all, but I'm going to check now just to be certain, since I haven't played much on them since fury came out.

EDIT #2: I checked, there is definitely a bloom effect on old tracks as well. I guess it was a reverse placebo effect...
    Last edited by sny; 4th August 2009 at 04:40 PM.