Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 259

Thread: commercials in online loading screens?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Montréal
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777
    Posts
    4,551

    Default

    The responses are hilarious
    So because of ads you're going to stop playing Wipeout?
    I take it you don't watch TV, don't read the newspaper, don't ride the bus/public transports, don't go to sports games (baseball, hockey), etc.?
    You shouldn't even be posting in this forum, there are ads on the wipeoutzone black bar at the top!

    Bye, I guess?
    xD

    Really, get over it. If you're like me you're probably still chatting in the WOZone chatbox during the loadings so you don't even see the ads


    Personally, I don't care if there's streaming ads... Might explain why HD and Fury are so cheap.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tileon
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeTop View Post
    I saw this also and was like "WTF!!!!" seriously... If SL is going to do in game advertising save it for energy drinks. Its pretty stupid that they would throw State Farm Insurance ads on there.
    I sense that pony uprade not far ahead

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    USA
    Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Feisar31
    Posts
    94

    Default

    I don't like the new ad at all. It came up like 5 times in one hour for me. I understand some people don't have a problem with it--fine. Personally I find it pretty offensive, especially since it has sound.

    :-

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    If advertising helps SL or sony make more good games like wipeout i dont give a hoot about advertising.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feisar31 View Post
    I don't like the new ad at all. It came up like 5 times in one hour for me. I understand some people don't have a problem with it--fine. Personally I find it pretty offensive, especially since it has sound.

    :-
    sound? really? hrmff... I wonder why I didn't hear anything.


    Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    If advertising helps SL or sony make more good games like wipeout i dont give a hoot about advertising.
    X2

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto
    Posts
    797

    Default

    Havn't seen it yet.

    Long as it's not in-game or in a menu, I wouldn't care.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    futureproof2011
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    The responses are hilarious
    So because of ads you're going to stop playing Wipeout?
    I take it you don't watch TV, don't read the newspaper, don't ride the bus/public transports, don't go to sports games (baseball, hockey), etc.?
    You shouldn't even be posting in this forum, there are ads on the wipeoutzone black bar at the top!

    Bye, I guess?
    xD

    Really, get over it. If you're like me you're probably still chatting in the WOZone chatbox during the loadings so you don't even see the ads


    Personally, I don't care if there's streaming ads... Might explain why HD and Fury are so cheap.
    Lighten up. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean they need to get over anything. You obviously worship this game, so good for you if you want to look at ads where they used to be none. Some people don't want to. Relax. Have a

    I love WOHD to death, but I honestly can't stand it when companies get greedy and do things like this. If the cost they are charging is not enough to cover the cost of development, they should have charged more. I didn't pay for this game (which is a polished version of Pure and Pulse, which I also bought) so I can look at State Farm ads. I will most certainly NEVER buy another SL, download only WO game again.

    I no none of you care, but you it makes me not want to play this game online anymore. This whole thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth-

    Quote Originally Posted by Farside View Post
    sound? really? hrmff... I wonder why I didn't hear anything.


    X2
    I wonder why you didn't either, because there is most certainly sound.
    Last edited by newtype; 31st July 2009 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Didn't want to double post-

  8. #28
    yeldar2097's Avatar
    yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,392

    Default

    wtf is state farm?
    and why aren't i getting this advert! i want it i want it i want it!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    futureproof2011
    Posts
    56

    Default

    An insurance company -_-

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newtype View Post
    I wonder why you didn't either, because there is most certainly sound.
    well then... I'd probably be a bit more irritated too.

    If it helps get us more dlc any sooner, though, I gotta go with it being worth it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •