Thread: Audio track question & suggestion

Timezone
    GMT -6

Default Audio track question & suggestion

Hi Guys,

I searched for the answer to this question in vain, so I turn to you. Is there a way to add the HD/Fury audio tracks to a playlist?

I've built a huge playlist of WipeOut audio tracks from the original, XL/2097, 3, Pure, Pulse and the CoLD STorAGE 2097 PC/Euro exclusives. I also have the official soundtracks included. Believe it or not, I own all of these legally.

I would really like to add the HD and Fury tracks to this massive playlist. Unfortunately, I have not found a way to do it. If there isn't a solution, I would like to suggest it to the Studio Liverpool folks who frequent this board.

While I am at it, I would also like to suggest a way to clear the "Press Any Button To Start" overlay graphics from the demo screen. The race tracks are gorgeous and it would be great to have a way to let the game demonstrate them either from the start menu or after the race without an overlay in the way.

Thanks for listening!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Timezone
    GMT -5

I just attached the fiber output from the PS3 to my Apple - and imported the tracks I wanted via Garageband - trimmed and exported as MP3.

This is how I got Wipeout, XL, 3, Fusion and Pure songs onto my HD playlist.

For Pure - I had to use the standard line-in - but it didn't have too drastic of an impact on the quality.

Apple FTW.

PSN ID
    Assegai82

Quote Originally Posted by IH8YOU View Post
    I just attached the fiber output from the PS3 to my Apple - and imported the tracks I wanted via Garageband - trimmed and exported as MP3.

This is how I got Wipeout, XL, 3, Fusion and Pure songs onto my HD playlist.

For Pure - I had to use the standard line-in - but it didn't have too drastic of an impact on the quality.

Apple FTW.
    I have terrible trouble getting my rips of 2097 and a few other tracks to play - when I manually go to them in the pause menu during a race and start racing it always moves onto another audio track. I'm lost as to the cause. Given that I have (bought & paid for) all soundtracks, do you think you could upload your package of tracks to somewhere and link me? If it's a bother don't worry about it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

But you guys know, that the PS1 WOs work as normal Audio CDs? You do not have to plug any cables in, record audio or stuff like that, as you can easily play the CDs in any CD-Player. If put into a computer, the disk is recognised as an audio CD, so you can directly save the music tracks to you HDD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Thanks for bringing this up GraveX, as I was wondering the same thing the other day, but didn't try to do it. So thanks for the reminder.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    futureproof2011

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    That's quite a lot of work for something that could easily (I'm guessing) be patched in, no?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Well if it's too hard for you to record the music from the game, imagine how hard it will be for SL to patch it in...
    It takes one minute to get the setup ready, and then you just have fun racing while you record... Good occasion to practise the new WipEout HD Fury tracks IMO.
    But hey, it's too hard, so I guess you can just forget it and not do it huh.

Timezone
    GMT -6

While it's certainly not a difficult thing to do, I was hoping for a way to add the tracks in the game itself. I don't think it would be an overly difficult feature to patch in, but I am not a programmer so I could be completely off base.

I can always "rip" the tracks using the method you described. Having said that, wouldn't it be cool if SL *did* patch this in?

At least the idea is in the wild now.
    Last edited by Lance; 2nd August 2009 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Redundant quotation eliminated! Please read the WZ guidelines in the announcements section.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I too would like to be able to get the 5.1 mixes with my custom tracks instead of the stereo rips I made. I was just sending the method how to get the tracks in the mean time (Until it's allowed inside the game).
    But some people like dismissing any form of help they get... Well you're free to not do it you know, doesn't invalidate the fact that it's working and in the mean time the only way to do it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    futureproof2011

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Well if it's too hard for you to record the music from the game, imagine how hard it will be for SL to patch it in...
    It takes one minute to get the setup ready, and then you just have fun racing while you record... Good occasion to practise the new WipEout HD Fury tracks IMO.
    But hey, it's too hard, so I guess you can just forget it and not do it huh.
    Hmm, no one said anything about it being too hard...??? I just want to play the game with a truly custom soundtrack, not play with my computer. To each his own-