Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: not really impressed by Fury... ?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    futureproof2011

I feel like HD = Pure and Fury = Pulse...Pulse wasn't bad, but something just doesn't resonate with me. I wanted to finish all of campaign with HD, but with Fury, I don't really care.

...this probably comes from my disgust with another "feature" they thought fit to add last week -_-

Quote Originally Posted by gettinmoney662 View Post
    Bwahahaha at the "soul of Wipeout." Woooow.
    Can someone please tell me how to block/ignore people on the board?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

To say that I am 100% happy with Fury is a lie, but overall it is a great bit of DLC for my most played PS3 game. I may not be a fan of Zone Battle, but detonator is my new passion, I've been playing it to death so I can catch DD777.
    The biggest problem that I have with it is that after playing the hell outta the old 8 tracks, that the new 4 I almost don't even wanna try. That maybe just my "online" self getting frustrated at the collision lag, but narrow tracks are not my favorite.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

For me it's real nice. The new modes change the scope of the gameplay, the new tracks are a beauty to watch ( but a little too narrow to race on ) andthe ships designs are quite nice.

It's a pity that they've not been able to mantain a stable 60fps. You can really feel how much it is important when, after a couple of hours with fury, you go back to time attack at sol2.

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

I'm not impressed by the fact my records havent updated in the last two days. To tell you the truth i'm pissed. Campaigns **** also.

PSN ID
    drMannevond

My two cents :
    Just to make one thing clear - I absolutely LOVE wipeout, and it's about the only thing I've played over the last year. The intensity of a close race on phantom is just mindblowing at times, and that's my problem with Fury right there. What happened to my beloved racing-game? I have to admit - testing fury for the first time was a bit like popping in Fusion for the first time. It was fun for about two minutes, and then I crashed into a bunch of TREES (wtf?) conveniently placed in THE MIDDLE of the track. And then I was stupid enough to think I could grind walls, like in 2097/XL, and lo-and-behold; the bloody barriers blocking the alternate routes ground my ship to a complete halt, and then flipped it 180 degrees. And that's why I stopped playing Fusion.
    Now - Fury :
    The good thing is the new tracks. More tracks is always a good thing, and I am already in love with Tech De Ra.
    The "bad" is, well, everything else. Eliminator is vaguely fun at times, but I keep losing because it's just so much more fun to race. Detonator and Zone races I have to admit I don't like at all (Never been a fan of zone mode to start with). And the reason I'm not a fan of any of the new modes is just that - they're new! It's the exact same problem as with Fusion. They took perfection and started adding stuff to it that just doesn't belong there.
    Why couldn't they have added things like team matches, a new speed class, more ships, custom ships, a mines OFF option, league play, etc. instead of three completely new modes that have one thing in common - taking the game away from what it's supposed to be.
    And a final note to SL : Don't get me wrong - you have given me one of the greatest games of all times, and for that I'm grateful, but this is also the second time you have taken the game I love and added stuff that does not belong there, and in the process diluting the essence of wipeout. (Fusion/Fury).

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

My thoughts exactly, love the tracks , ships and quite fond of detonater. I realise different people prefer different things so i'm all up for new modes. Online races consist of nothing but eliminaters which is the worse mode for drops in the framerate(not very attractive). Also i like zoning with just me on the track, pushing my pilot limits. Wasnt that the point of zones, instead off crashing into a black hole around ever bend. With update 2 everything seems/seemed to run a lot smoother, heck the game even stopped crashing in online races. Until it crashed in a racebox tournament for the first time ever. Now there are a few pilots, i imagine more too that complained about records not updating. Seriously i 'm getting to the point where i dont want to play the sodding game anymore. I'm heart broken p.s speed laps my favourite mode(whats the point with no updates)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Barnster: I'm pretty sure that whatever is causing times to not update will be fixed soon. In the mean time, there's Connavar's excellent ranking site to compare your times on.

I think Fury is a great addition even though it deviates from the tried-and-true "high-speed racing with weapons" mantra... I think of it as an excursion that some people will only take once and - feeling uninpressed by it - will go back to their old way of racing, whereas some will revisit the new modes that have been added from time to time, if they need a break from single races/speed laps/breaking zone records. The good thing about the add-on is that the new modes needn't be played to enjoy all the benefits of it: you get all new tracks and ships right off the bat, the campaign is only for the collectors and achievers among us, really, because the locked skins aren't really that special.

To be truthful, by the time I got the last gold medal in the Fury campaign I actually longed for some speed laps on the old tracks, so I'm pretty sure I won't be doing zone battles and detonator runs for a while (with the sole exception of reaching 470k on Tech De Ra reverse detonator, which I'm already pretty close to... it's the last elite gold medal I lack). It's back to 99 lap sessions for me to learn the old - and new - tracks and improve on my consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by gettinmoney662 View Post
    Bwahahaha at the "soul of Wipeout." Woooow.
    ????????
    translate please

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by newtype View Post
    Can someone please tell me how to block/ignore people on the board?
    Easy: User CP > Edit Ignore List , enter the name and press Ok.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Quote Originally Posted by DrMannevond View Post
    They took perfection and started adding stuff to it that just doesn't belong there.
    Why couldn't they have added things like team matches, a new speed class, more ships, custom ships...
    I completely agree! I think Wipeout HD was seriously a masterpiece in its own right, but (personally speaking) the future of Wipeout is not in new and crazy game modes which make it totally different to.. well, Wipeout.

Campaign mode for me is great fun until I see all these empty boxes for Detonator and Zone Battle. From then on the only zoning out that happens is my interest..

Time to re-focus SL - I wouldn't have a problem with Fury if it didn't have the "Wipeout" badge attached to it, something like "Futuristic cyber shooting, barrier dodging mini games of fun" would have gone down better.. seriously.

We have internet, we have community. We have a complete ball-tearer of a game in its original format. Build the online component, expand the tracks, add in new teams and a proper ranking system etc.

Sigh....

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

@DrMannevond: THX for your (Fury) comments. That's it for me, too.

New tracks are fun to learn and play. 10 bucks is ok w/ me. The other stuff is short term motivation (eleminator) or complete crap (zone battle) ... in between I find detonator. I even lost my motivation to complete the campaign on elite thanks to detonator.

Being not that much online recently (not because of Fury) I just asked myself: Did the community split already? Where are all those long term online followers I stumbled on every day in single online races?

PSN ID
    anderkovver

i dont like detonator and dont like zone battle, and even eliminator dont give me the fun like race mode does but still i think the game is awesome i would buy the fury pack even if there was only 2 new tracks but that is for everyone to deside i spend much more money on games they last that long as wipeout ....hope there will be a new wipeout next year as they promise a long time ago

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

I don't really get the rant about Zone Battle her. First off all, this mode
    works. And secondly, why not to give WipEout a chance to expand?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

I think it's beautiful. Another stellar job by SL. However I'm not too keen on the added stuff. I just like to race. I know I can still do that and I'm sure there's people that would rather have all the other modes in there but to me it just seems diluted from Wipeout.

Eliminator is fun but it's just a free for all (I know that's the point) but I find myself just trying to lead the race. The rest of the added content I don't compete in.

Impressed? Yes. It's impressive and I'm sure there's a lot of new people playing because of the added forms of play but for me it just doesn't need to be.

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

I never thought anything would be able to cure my addiction to Wipeout.

However, Fury has.

Not a fan of the new tracks at all. Most seem to have far too many 90 degree turns for me and I struggle to do PLs at venom speed let alone phantom.

The only one I enjoy slightly is Syncopia and even that gets dull with all the BRs you have to do.

I've gone back to the HD menu as although I'm sick to the death of the music its more preferrable than the Fury darkness.

Not getting on well with the new modes. Detonator is a shooter which goes against the grain of what I believe Wipeout is about. I can understand why its been introduced but its really not for me. Eliminator is alright, only so long you can go round shooting people before it gets tiresome though.
    And Zone battle - I thought I'd really love this but it hasn't grabbed me at all. It takes away the skill of zone IMO and makes it more about dodgems and who can hit the most pads.

Well, at least now I can get back to playing other games instead of being a 1 game Fox !!

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Wow, that is hard to read. With all the non-WOHD-games left aside I'm still addicted to the the game. But that seconds my impression that fans been lost.

The new tracks are difficult or different - granted - but even that I still suck it's getting better every time I race. I like that now because I'm able to improve and have fun. What really hurts is the gap between old and new tracks. Rage-quit is an option for me on the new ones

btw, I also changed back to the classic menu after 30 minutes of fury racing. Not because the fury menu sucks it's because my eyes couldn't adjust to it. From time to time I switch back to enjoy it for a few minutes.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

I love detanator mode. Only attempted it once and completed vineta k but i love how hectic it gets! tracks like CP or Seb must be nuts.

PSN ID
    love9sick

I disagree with all complaints against Fury. I can't believe the changes and awesomeness offered for 10 stupid bucks. I paid that much for a stupid sandwich meal yesterday. Tech D Ra is awesomeness!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

ROFL xD

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I'm not OMGZ! impressed, but for a $10 DLC it's well worth it. on a scale of 1-10 it'd probably be an 8.5 imho.