Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: not really impressed by Fury... ?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

You had HARDCORE DANCE tracks while beating Zone Zeus

I still wonder how you managed that.

Not that I want to listen to morse code or Elbow while racing.

Neither suits.

PSN ID
    technetic

I'm extremely impressed with Fury, the new ships, tracks and modes are sweet. The visuals in Fury are so much better than standard HD too.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheDukeZip

I am impressed with Fury. You've got 8 new tracks to master if you count reverse. Online zone competitions for the zone zueses, plus a battle mode which needs with an entirely different strategy than racing.

I don't really know what else you could hope for with a $10 DLC.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

So Fury is an expansion to HD. Not a game in its own right... and for very little money.

How can so many peeps complain at all that extra content? Pulses combined DLC costs almost twice what you lot paid for Fury! Come on peeps, just enjoy your game, it cost you the same as a nando's meal! The food is in transit - Fury has arrived and is for life!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

I've just played a bit of the campaign (finished the first 2 events, but didn't
    get a gold on detonator elite ...), this game is fantastic!

It looks like SL listened to us , they've fixed a bunch of details, for instance
    they even readded the non stop beep-beep-beep in Zone mode when you're
    about the explode.

And it appears they fixed the BSB as well?

The Eliminator is phenomenal thanks to the ability to turn 180 degrees!!
    And Zone Battle looks great too.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

I don't think people quite understood what I was saying. I didn't say I really disliked anything about Fury... I'm just saying after all the hype and anticipation, I was surprised that I didn't go apesh*t over it. It's good, the new tracks have a notably different atmosphere than the original ones but it works well, the new ship designs suit the "feeling" of the update (regardless of personal preference on a few key design choices), and for ten bucks, it's definitely an awesome buy... SL could have charged 50% more and I still wouldn't have thought twice about it.

I just... maybe I'm burned out on Wipeout lately. Fury is pretty much the ONLY Wipeout I've been playing since the NA tournament up at Al's place, too...

PSN ID
    subtotal

the new fury game modes didnt really appeal to me when i first played them
    but now that i'm getting better at them i'm enjoying them loads more

good work all round from SL in my opinion -although i'm getting massive frame rate drops and my ps3 froze 4 times during my first evening's play -it has been fine since then though

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I think part of the problem for why I am not "OMG WIPEOUT HD FURY" all the time is because I had to wait EIGHT hours before actually being able to buy it, and by then I knew pretty much how Zone Battle and Eliminator worked. The only "surprise" was Detonator... And we all know what this made me do.
    I couldn't share the fun with my Euro and Australian friends, so that's what's probably killed the interest for me. By the time I had it downloaded and installed, there was practically nobody online and I was doing the campaign. It's not as exciting when you're starting in Venom...

Don't get me wrong, Fury is great, it adds a ton of stuff to WipEout HD which would be too long to list here, however I'm not as excited about it as I hoped I would be.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    K-MIZER

You know, if it wasn't for Fury, I wouldn't be playing WOHD this much.

I wouldn't have fallen in love with Goteki 45 and joined this site.

...despite this, the new ship models are, for lack of a better term, ugly. They looke like Transformers, or like they're trying too hard.

They also kinda all look the same, almost. Each of the older models had a distinct look to them, like Piranha with its curves and Harimau with it's fishy body and Mirage with it's... lol, roundness.

i like wipeout fury. Anyone who wasnt too keen on wipeout hd cos it was too much about racing and not about combat are now happy, thx to fury. so i think most people are happy as the game appeals to all.

I think all the crybabys who whine about fury should be sent to bed without supper.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    futureproof2011

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    I think part of the problem for why I am not "OMG WIPEOUT HD FURY" all the time is because I had to wait EIGHT hours before actually being able to buy it, and by then I knew pretty much how Zone Battle and Eliminator worked. The only "surprise" was Detonator... And we all know what this made me do.
    I couldn't share the fun with my Euro and Australian friends, so that's what's probably killed the interest for me. By the time I had it downloaded and installed, there was practically nobody online and I was doing the campaign. It's not as exciting when you're starting in Venom...

Don't get me wrong, Fury is great, it adds a ton of stuff to WipEout HD which would be too long to list here, however I'm not as excited about it as I hoped I would be.
    I agree. I thought HD was great and I do appreciate the added content, but for me, something about Fury just doesn't resonate well with me. I think some of it has to do with:

-the new ships being superior over the regular (why use the old?)
    -framerate dips
    -ads within loading screens

Fury was a great deal for $10, but I can't help but wonder if I liked the regular HD more before things got all, umm, furious-

I dont really get where your coming from...Fury is a update for hd.hd was a standalone game. How can you say one is better than the other when its the same game and its update.Its just extra tracks and options to add variety to the game and lengthen it's life.

I think SL achieved everything it intended to do with fury, hopefully it's success will lead to another patch one day that may make the players that are still unhappy happy

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

@jasmin-jade

I think the major problem with Fury IS it's feel. To elaborate, try taking an HD ship out on the new tracks, then take a Fury ship on the same run. Notice a difference? Sure, sure, that may be the point, but it does not diminish the fact that some of the "feeling" seems missing. Like the soul of Wipeout has gone out of the game and left forever. Especially when we were so close to a return of the glory days of AG racing. The Fury craft seem to lack a lot of the "character" that the HD ships have in abundance. They seem too over-powered to me, more like a zone ship rather than a regular racing craft. Again, maybe that's the point, but I don't feel the same way I did about Fury as of two days ago.

Am I impressed? Oh hell yes! I think that ALL the new content was needed and is welcome. It just needs some work done to specific aspects of it that don't exist atm. A major thumbs up to SL for slaving away at this for almost a year. Definitely well done, it just needs some "spit and polish" so to speak

" Like the soul of Wipeout has gone out of the game and left forever."

That'a bit unduly pessimistic, isn't? Forever is a looooooooooooooooong time.

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

Could be lol. That or Three years or so, like last time.(Fusion to Pure timeframe) Take your pick.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Wipeout still has its soul, its still being produced by Studio Liverpool and being sold on the Sony format.

SL works on Fury is well done, all really needs to be added to the game is some more in game content like a couple of more ships, some more tracks, and some retro ones too. Then that will be perfect.

Colin Crob Egg Paul and the Crew

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

Your right Kigo, it does. I don't know about anyone else, but when I first flew the Fury ships, Fusion came to mind immediately as per how they handled around the track, well at least somewhat.

well what can i say..You must be very good at the game and played for a long time and one with your ships.

I really cant tell any real difference myself from fury or hd ships.perhaps with time i will notice.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    brummpahh

Hi everybody,

still trying to get used to the new feeling...but fury
    (4me) really drew a great amount of fun out of the game.
    2097 kicked for years
    HD rocked me the last few weeks. yeah.
    Fury - ok. 4 new tracks. narrow. curvy. One
    moment silence for Talon's reach...ahh better now.

It definitly needs a large patch to become to a smooth,
    superior racing dream. crappy sound, stuttering images,
    PC-feeling...it's no fun piloting at >800 miles/hour and
    ps3 stops for a while thinking about drawing the great
    landscape (i don't care about it in this moment , because there are so much of you skilled contenders out there ).

back to racing, cu on the tracks

Timezone
    GMT -8

Bwahahaha at the "soul of Wipeout." Woooow.