Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: not really impressed by Fury... ?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I played FURY solidly for the first few days,but now I fire it up have a few laps and,I hate to say it,turn it off again.

I think it might be some subconscious reaction to the new black FURY GUI,maybe if I return it to the HD one I might feel differently about it,the new one tends to make me feel in a som'bre mood and not wanting to participate.
    What with Detonator [another dark background] Zone battle[ Dark again for a lot of it]New Zone tracks [You guessed it,Dark again],75% of the DLC doesn't really feel like a wipeout game as we would of normally/historically have described it.

Still,it's great bang for your bucks

One thing I defiantly don't like is the light blue speed pads on the reflective race track [Talons],very hard to make out,they needed more contrast.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 30th July 2009 at 01:09 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I just don't see how it's possible for someone not to be impressed by Fury. Even if a person doesn't find themselves that interested in the new modes....so what? The modes are still there and maybe the interest will grow over time. It's like not being impressed by a Ferrari becuase you don't happen to like leather upholstery. I also take issue with the notion that "it's not about the price." I think price matters and in the context of price, Fury represents a huge bargain for a fan of the original game. Afaic it would have been well worth the $9.99 even if it was only a package of four add-on tracks.

I guess what bugs me about a thread like this is the fact that some people seem incapable of stepping outside the box of their own personal desires and recognizing a quality product even though it may not be exactly what they would have wanted in their dreams.

But yeah, everyone is entitled to express their perspective on a forum like this and I don't really have any issue with that. By the same token though, we're entitled to express a contrary opinion.

PSN ID
    Jimsin

I agree that everybody is free to express their opinion and be honest - negative or otherwise.

I also feel that one should be free to disagree with that negative opinion. I'm not saying that I'm right and he's wrong - I'm just trying to explain why I disagree so strongly, and am asking what other PS3 DLCs have been more impressive?

Being unimpressed has no relevance unless someone has something else that they actually were impressed by.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

My reaction to FURY is one of ambivalence atm.

While indeed FURY's overall content is impressive as a whole [I never suggested otherwise],especially considering the price,It's just the way FURY makes me "Feel" in comparison to HD or previous installments of wipeout.

I've been a long term fan of wipeout [and remain so] and having been playing it for close to 15 years,so have many other forum members here.
    I've played every version of the game except the N64 & PC versions.

There are plenty of threads in the HD section containing posts from people who are absolutely in love with FURY,I don't see why so much umbrage is being show to those who don't feel the same way.

This thread seems very similar to how some of the wipeout community felt about FUSION to some extent ,but that was a full game not added content,so opinions were slightly more polarized and voiced as such.

FURY doesn't need defending,it just needs an understanding from those who love it that not all others feel the same way,and it's not as if anybody has said they hate it.

Timezone
    GMT -5

To be honest - Fury isn't my ball of wax. New tracks have great shadowing - but they feel too synthetic, or dead. Hard to explain - but race on the 4 new tracks - then go to Vineta K - it just seems more "alive".

I welcome change and new material - but I'm really iffy on the new ships / stats, and bummed about the broken-again side shifting - especially after it was just working again before 2.0 dropped.

So YES, SL keep cranking - I do appreciate your hard work, and I WILL spend my $ on anything new - but I'm already back to the old ships and original tracks after Fury.

Who knows - maybe I'll come around? Its still only been a week or so...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    BlochNWhitey

I honestly think Fury is fantastic, I love the new ship stats, it gives me a good chance to beat my old times and such. The new tracks have a fantastic flow to them, BRs work fantastic. If there's anything I don't like it's that the AI seems to LOVE getting in the way tons more now (But I have a good round of eliminator to take out the anger with). As well as zone battle.. I just don't like people getting in the way to be honest, my idea of zone is: Throw on the classical music and bring on the speed!

Edit: I just wanted to add that I really don't enjoy piloting on Amphiseum at all, both ways. There's just nothing exciting about going 'round that track..
    Last edited by BlochNWhitey; 30th July 2009 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Amphiseum

PSN ID
    krioto

No complaints - loving it!

Really expands the wipeout universe. Keep it up

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Impressed I am for sure! It is because of all the new content, it is so much. There is only 1 thing that really bugs me:

It is the way campaign mode works. Eventhough the DLC is called FURY and the most important thing is weapons based. I really don't like the way how everything gets unlocked. You have to play Detonator mode and some Eliminator and Zone battle to get everything unlocked.

These are new modes and they are on top what Wipeout is for me! I think all new game modes are a welcome edition to the series, however I think that campaign mode should always be true to the basics; SR, TT, SL and Tournaments to get through campaign mode and unlock everything without having to play the other modes which are included in campaign anyway.

So if you just really like the other game modes you are also able to get everything unlocked by just playing; Zone, Zone battle, Eliminator and Detonator mode. Or a mix of all modes if you like.

Because of this I quit campaign mode and started with Speed Lap on the new tracks to train for online battles.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Quote Originally Posted by Z_Zoquis View Post
    I don't know what it takes to impress some of you guys. Its a great dlc pack...what more do you want?

Anyway, I love it...
    The Fury pack could give free blowjobs while you're playing it and some people would complain about the technique of the blowjob. Gamers are some of the most nitpicky and whiny people ever. You shouldn't be surprised that some people will complain about Fury.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Best Analogy EVER