Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: not really impressed by Fury... ?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Default not really impressed by Fury... ?

don't get me wrong, the new tracks are a welcome addition, the new modes are lots of fun with an audience who has been smoking weed like fiends, and the interface is considerably better... but, there's just something about it that doesn't really catch me... maybe I'm depressed, maybe I'm distracted (getting ready for school atm actually), maybe I'm frustrated that my Qirex isn't much faster than anything else after the new Fury update or the fact that it looks like garbage compared to all the other teams' new skins *cough* :3

But whatever the case, is there anyone else who isn't exactly OMG WOW UBAR-IMPRESSED at the new update? :/ I like it, I don't really have any complaints... but, I just feel kind of indifferent...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

it begins

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

lol yeah, I'm waiting for the flames... though, ironically, I haven't really said anything inflammatory

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I was never uber-impressed. At first I was like, meh, then I had a good online session and some good eliminator and had a lot of fun. I liked Modesto heights too on my first TT on it. It felt really fast, which was cool. But that was the last thing I did and I haven't played any of the Fury content for 2 or 3 days now. I don't really find myself wanting to play it as much. The campaign has far too much detonator in it for me to be bothered, especially considering all I will get from it is the new ship skins, which I don't like, and which don't work half the time online anyway (the unlockable ones that is). Whereas, I find it a joy going round and round for hours on my old favourite HD tracks.
    The thing I'm probably most pleased about is that the whole game runs smoother since the update. But I think that once people incorporate it into their online games along with HD tracks, it will be better. Currently everything is about Fury and we might just have overdosed, willingly or not.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I'm not UBERmall impressed, but it's some good fun Certainly adds more tracks because I was down to playing only six out of the eight original ones... So that's not bad. But I would like more, soon.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Shindubhe

i really like it although its not like ive been sucked in like with HD. i think it would have been nice for there to have been more hardcore trophies to go for as all the new ones seem a bit lackluster, i was hoping for another Zico or just a few more golds and silvers.

dont get me wrong im not just playing for trophies but going for that platty in HD really made me push to get better

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

I am impressed.

But mainly so because of zone mode on the Pure Four and their differing colour schemes from the regular tracks. Supersonic looks splendidly amazing on them. They are actually taking me back into the mode. And besides that Tech de Ra is one of my favourites from Pulse so it adds up.
    Last edited by AnErare; 29th July 2009 at 08:00 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Day 7 into the new content and still impressed.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I don't know what it takes to impress some of you guys. Its a great dlc pack...what more do you want?

Anyway, I love it...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@Z_Zoquis: I think it's a natural phenomenon.
    People almost forget on what shoulders they really stand upon once they
    see something as commonplace, despite it took a great effort to get there.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

Well the new tracks i'm still learning...
    Zone battle is fun (but i suck @ zone)
    Eliminator is short lived fun, i find myself wanting to just race most of the time.
    Detonator atm hasnt caught my interest...so i've avoided it in campaing.

Fury ships are nice....but back and forth on some of their designs....
    I'm trying to like Icaras, but some aspects i like...others i dont.
    But i've really been intrigued with Auricom's new look, Qirex is nice too..but it's still not XL/2097 Qirex.

I'm disappointed on the lack of color schemes provided. In HD we had 3 different color schemes plus the silver. Now we seem to have one color scheme, the zone skin, and i guess another silver for the new ships.

**Too bad they cant at least do an Armored Core type of custimization where you could change the RGB colors of all the different parts, add emblems (originially make your own emblem, now choose from preset emblems and preset colors for the emblems). You could also layer these emblems as decals to create unique patterns and designs for you mech.

**Since Pulse type of custimization cant be done on HD, perhaps a different approach to custimizing as mentioned above can be done? The last two installments of the mentioned game were for PS3, and other racing games have also allowed for some degree of custimizing. We are proud pilots and seeing a certain distinguishable ship on the track and have someone say "Oh no, not THAT GUY again" is nice pleasure

Lastly, i would like some counterbalancing of the HD ships as they are not just the lowered stat ships when compared to the Fury ships. I look at it like this, the teams made advancements and redesigned their ships with higher stats in some areas. But while making advancements they also managed to upgrade their current ship model improving its stats in some areas as well (but not necessarily in the same areas as the Fury ship)

But overall..i'm content and happy and no regrets on buying Fury.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Customization / personalization would be a great thing, right. Would be nice
    to have one's PSN name painted onto the craft. Or why not printing your
    fastest lap / highest zone, on a given track, onto the craft using a code like
    for example the Morse code? That should produce kinda of a techy look esp.
    when those things are even animated.
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 29th July 2009 at 08:57 PM. Reason: spell

The Fury wish list is over 'there'>

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Im pretty happy with Colin, Crob, Egg, Paul and the rest of SL efforts,

"not really impressed by Fury"

Is a bit of a crappy thing to say to the SL crew, these guys do read these forums.

All there effort is paying off, im sure the sales would identify that,

Keep up the brilliant work guys.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

Well.."not being impressed" i agree is rather harsh.
    But i the only thing i tried to state, like everything in life, everything has its pros and cons.

I suppose to directly respond to the title, yeah i'm impressed...but i do have some reservations on certain aspects of the DLC, but overall content and happy.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Griffon_ACG

Yeah, to be honest, I can't think of anything I don't like about Fury.

And no, I'm not saying that to kiss ass of the Sl guys that read the forum.
    <<
    >>
    Really, I'm not.

Naw, but seriously, it's great.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Thumbs up

It's tons of fun, for very little money. Now, I probably won't be playing Zone Battle or Detonator outside of the campaign grid, but I can see myself playing Eliminator and racing the Fury tracks (alongside the old tracks) for many a month to come. Even if the Fury trophies were a bit on the easy side, I did have lots of fun getting them (just need the campaign one now).

Very impressed, and very happy with Fury

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    Im pretty happy with Colin, Crob, Egg, Paul and the rest of SL efforts,

"not really impressed by Fury"

Is a bit of a crappy thing to say to the SL crew, these guys do read these forums.

All there effort is paying off, im sure the sales would identify that,

Keep up the brilliant work guys.
    I agree. I dont think anyone can critisise, after all its an £7 update,

SL have put a lot of effort into the update, that is obvious from playing fury. But such as life is their is always someone who is not happy.
    I probally wont get into eliminator or zone battles as i like racing and speed laps but there is still the new tracks for me to master so i am really happy and very glad to have bought fury. I hope they make more updates for the future to help keep the game alive and keep the pilots from quitting.

I would love to see some form of ship customization in future and a rear view window box on the main screen as i feel the R1 button is rubbish in game as you cant see forward when you do it and you cant use R2 aibrake at the same time easily. so you only tend to rear view on a nice easy straight.If they had an option of onscreen box with rear view it would really jazz up online play allowing blocking opponents and precision mines

PSN ID
    Jimsin

Lets see now.

ICO(tm) and Shadow of the Collossus(r) - Costume Kit for Little Big Planet = £4.79

Wipeout HD Fury = £7.99

So for £4.79 you can put a couple of new outfits on your sack creature and jump about the screen.

And for £7.99 you can indulge in a new campaign, Zone Battles, Detonator & Eliminator modes, race around loads of extra tracks which are nothing short of three dimensional art, pilot new ships - etc. etc. etc. Can you imagine how much work went into this £7.99 expansion compared with the little sack puppet costumes?

But we can't customize our ships. We dont have 100 extra circuits. We don't have ten new teams. New weapons, The expansion doesn't nip through to the kitchen and make a coffee for us when we fancy a break.

Personally I see people trying to rip people off with overpriced, third rate, rubbish content left right and center .... for me, Wipeout Fury isn't just an amazing expansion to HD, but is also practically a gift at the price. You can tell that it's been made with a real passion for quality and balance. Of course there are more things that could possibly have been included - but you can say that about anything. For £7.99 you're getting a hell of a lot of time and effort for your money.

So I guess it saddens me a bit to see the 'not impressed by Fury' thread - to me it seems that SL bust a gut to produce something absolutely amazing, at an incredibly reasonable price, and if that's an unimpressive DLC then I'd love to know what's an impressive one. A Sackboy costume? Maybe the Velvet Revolver Pack for Guitar Hero? 3 songs to play along to for only £3.99.

/end rant.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

It's not about the price. No-one would argue that it's anything other than excellent value. It's about the game and that it just doesn't grab some people in the same way as others. Some people might not be into all the new zone based modes and just want to race. For these people the expansion represents some new tracks, and not much else. That's a perfectly valid response. There could be plenty of other reasons people are not impressed too. I don't know why people get their knickers in a twist so much whenever a slightly negative opinion is expressed. It's as if SL made a game especially for us entirely in their own free time and out of the goodness of their hearts, and now we're kicking them in the face as a response. None of that happened. I don't doubt that a lot of effort went into Fury, but let's no forget that some people were complaning not so long ago that DLC had been taking too long to arrive. People can criticise and critique it any way they like. If SL read the forums then fine, but why should people not be able to be honest just because this is the case?

Personally, I think if people aren't impressed by Fury itself, then it's only because HD was so damn good in the first place.