Thread: not really impressed by Fury... ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Default not really impressed by Fury... ?

don't get me wrong, the new tracks are a welcome addition, the new modes are lots of fun with an audience who has been smoking weed like fiends, and the interface is considerably better... but, there's just something about it that doesn't really catch me... maybe I'm depressed, maybe I'm distracted (getting ready for school atm actually), maybe I'm frustrated that my Qirex isn't much faster than anything else after the new Fury update or the fact that it looks like garbage compared to all the other teams' new skins *cough* :3

But whatever the case, is there anyone else who isn't exactly OMG WOW UBAR-IMPRESSED at the new update? :/ I like it, I don't really have any complaints... but, I just feel kind of indifferent...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

it begins

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

lol yeah, I'm waiting for the flames... though, ironically, I haven't really said anything inflammatory

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I was never uber-impressed. At first I was like, meh, then I had a good online session and some good eliminator and had a lot of fun. I liked Modesto heights too on my first TT on it. It felt really fast, which was cool. But that was the last thing I did and I haven't played any of the Fury content for 2 or 3 days now. I don't really find myself wanting to play it as much. The campaign has far too much detonator in it for me to be bothered, especially considering all I will get from it is the new ship skins, which I don't like, and which don't work half the time online anyway (the unlockable ones that is). Whereas, I find it a joy going round and round for hours on my old favourite HD tracks.
    The thing I'm probably most pleased about is that the whole game runs smoother since the update. But I think that once people incorporate it into their online games along with HD tracks, it will be better. Currently everything is about Fury and we might just have overdosed, willingly or not.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I'm not UBERmall impressed, but it's some good fun Certainly adds more tracks because I was down to playing only six out of the eight original ones... So that's not bad. But I would like more, soon.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Shindubhe

i really like it although its not like ive been sucked in like with HD. i think it would have been nice for there to have been more hardcore trophies to go for as all the new ones seem a bit lackluster, i was hoping for another Zico or just a few more golds and silvers.

dont get me wrong im not just playing for trophies but going for that platty in HD really made me push to get better

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

I am impressed.

But mainly so because of zone mode on the Pure Four and their differing colour schemes from the regular tracks. Supersonic looks splendidly amazing on them. They are actually taking me back into the mode. And besides that Tech de Ra is one of my favourites from Pulse so it adds up.
    Last edited by AnErare; 29th July 2009 at 08:00 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Day 7 into the new content and still impressed.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I'm not OMGZ! impressed, but for a $10 DLC it's well worth it. on a scale of 1-10 it'd probably be an 8.5 imho.

While i wouldn't say that i was not really impressed, i would say i was a little underwhelmed.

i read a lot about the menu been sharp and amazing. it does have nice music, but its shakey and fuzzy when you select something. i guess it's the future and that sort of thing happens??? even the studio liverpool logo suffers from Killzone-menu-itis.

Tracks, (now this is personal taste here) i played talons and was just like, yep bright, transparency, neon, the usual HD stuff, then played tech de ra and amphiseum...which almost had me...there are some really nicely lit, old school wipeout esque portions to these tracks which i loved...ruined by the HD design approach portions...in my opinion. it shows it is possible to do a HD version of older Wipeouts...which is a very very exciting prospect.

New ship designs, ugly. not for me.

Having said that, it has a great new soundtrack, some new game types and is totally worth the asking price as a fan of wipeout.

to me it is a mixed bag, of
    'oh, that's kinda cool'
    'don't like that' and
    'damn, that's almost awesome'

i do wonder how a pack purely based on Wipeout as a core racer would have turned out. no new modes, just pure racing. new tracks, ships...e.t.c.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    K-MIZER

You know, if it wasn't for Fury, I wouldn't be playing WOHD this much.

I wouldn't have fallen in love with Goteki 45 and joined this site.

...despite this, the new ship models are, for lack of a better term, ugly. They looke like Transformers, or like they're trying too hard.

They also kinda all look the same, almost. Each of the older models had a distinct look to them, like Piranha with its curves and Harimau with it's fishy body and Mirage with it's... lol, roundness.

i like wipeout fury. Anyone who wasnt too keen on wipeout hd cos it was too much about racing and not about combat are now happy, thx to fury. so i think most people are happy as the game appeals to all.

I think all the crybabys who whine about fury should be sent to bed without supper.