Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: not really impressed by Fury... ?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Default not really impressed by Fury... ?

don't get me wrong, the new tracks are a welcome addition, the new modes are lots of fun with an audience who has been smoking weed like fiends, and the interface is considerably better... but, there's just something about it that doesn't really catch me... maybe I'm depressed, maybe I'm distracted (getting ready for school atm actually), maybe I'm frustrated that my Qirex isn't much faster than anything else after the new Fury update or the fact that it looks like garbage compared to all the other teams' new skins *cough* :3

But whatever the case, is there anyone else who isn't exactly OMG WOW UBAR-IMPRESSED at the new update? :/ I like it, I don't really have any complaints... but, I just feel kind of indifferent...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

it begins

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

lol yeah, I'm waiting for the flames... though, ironically, I haven't really said anything inflammatory

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I was never uber-impressed. At first I was like, meh, then I had a good online session and some good eliminator and had a lot of fun. I liked Modesto heights too on my first TT on it. It felt really fast, which was cool. But that was the last thing I did and I haven't played any of the Fury content for 2 or 3 days now. I don't really find myself wanting to play it as much. The campaign has far too much detonator in it for me to be bothered, especially considering all I will get from it is the new ship skins, which I don't like, and which don't work half the time online anyway (the unlockable ones that is). Whereas, I find it a joy going round and round for hours on my old favourite HD tracks.
    The thing I'm probably most pleased about is that the whole game runs smoother since the update. But I think that once people incorporate it into their online games along with HD tracks, it will be better. Currently everything is about Fury and we might just have overdosed, willingly or not.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I'm not UBERmall impressed, but it's some good fun Certainly adds more tracks because I was down to playing only six out of the eight original ones... So that's not bad. But I would like more, soon.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Shindubhe

i really like it although its not like ive been sucked in like with HD. i think it would have been nice for there to have been more hardcore trophies to go for as all the new ones seem a bit lackluster, i was hoping for another Zico or just a few more golds and silvers.

dont get me wrong im not just playing for trophies but going for that platty in HD really made me push to get better

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

I am impressed.

But mainly so because of zone mode on the Pure Four and their differing colour schemes from the regular tracks. Supersonic looks splendidly amazing on them. They are actually taking me back into the mode. And besides that Tech de Ra is one of my favourites from Pulse so it adds up.
    Last edited by AnErare; 29th July 2009 at 09:00 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Day 7 into the new content and still impressed.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I don't know what it takes to impress some of you guys. Its a great dlc pack...what more do you want?

Anyway, I love it...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@Z_Zoquis: I think it's a natural phenomenon.
    People almost forget on what shoulders they really stand upon once they
    see something as commonplace, despite it took a great effort to get there.