Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fury Expansion Comments/Minor Complaints

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    RidgeTop

Default Fury Expansion Comments/Minor Complaints

Ok, So first off I really like Fury, for $9.99 you are getting alot at a good price. I enjoy Eliminator quite a bit, the new Menu and other modes are excellent as well. Having said that I do have a couple things I was kinda dissapointed with.

-The ships, although they are very nice looking and have improved stats, they are simply replacements for the old ships. I know this has been talked about here a bit in some threads, but I would have much rather they been original ships from new teams. They could have brought back some of the older teams like Van-Uber and Tigron. also in my opinion, the new ships seem less "WipEoutish" I think they made them look too sleak and clean when compared to the older ships. also the heavy blue tint to all the cockpit windows is kinda strange. idk just seems like SL took the easy way out with the ships while invalidating their previous designs.

-The Amphiseum, I loved this track in Pulse and it was remade quite well, but where did the huge vistas of the city lights go? on the rare occasion you see the city in this version, it looks nothing like the "natural extension of Las Vegas" as it did in Pulse.

-The Zone exclusive tracks all seem to have a very similar abstract design above the track, you would think it would not have been too hard to switch it up a bit.

Anyway, overall the new modes made this expansion great, I just found some other factors to be a slight dissapointment, discuss if you like.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I think we need another 8790321 Fury threads. Im preety sure this could of been covered in another one of the fury threads....

I dont have any complaints besides getting frozen alot but meh, play with the cards your dealt.

nothing really to say about fury it's really cool.
    if i had to whine i would say eliminator single player can be annoying when all other racers are shooting off quakes and no one has reached a weapon pad yet ..computer cheats

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

To be honest, this is probably a fair enough thread as I can't see any others aimed at complaints about Fury. There are a few issues and they're cropping up all over the place so it might be best to consolidate them here. That's probably better than having a separate one for each complaint, although that may well still happen.

I've heard a lot of complaints about sound issues. That seems to be a big deal at the moment for a lot of people. It even seems to be so bad for some that they can't play the game as long as the problems are there. Luckily I haven't had it (yet?), or maybe I just can't tell.

My only complaint currently is that there's just too much content for me to get through now and so much to master. I've had to move my TV and PS3 out of my room to prevent it from taking over my life (more).

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    TALooN-X

Yea I would say my only gripe would be the sound issues while playing on some of the new tracks... I haven't noticed it on the old tracks yet as I haven't really been playing them all that much.

But an example would be in eliminator (and even some other game modes) when there is a LOT of action on screen and lots of stuff blowing up, I'll fire off a rocket or some other weapon, and the sound sorta just craps out... it seems to be only for when I fire that rocket then it's back to normal, but it's enough to drive me up the wall (especially when I've been playing it over and over again).

Also the Elite difficulty is wayyy too hard tho I saw someone mention that it might have gotten easier? Will have to try this when I get home. But trying to finish some of the HD campaign races on Elite was doing my friggin head in! It more comes down to luck then it does skill, which sorta bugs me. *Bring back Negcon support!!!*

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

• The record tables (menu) and post race/sl/tt tables show different ships being used by the same person's time/score
    • Many dodgy records cropping up
    • More dodgy record table shenanigans
    • I've often come across 3 lap FLASH races on vineta k since the update
    • Pads are much harder to hit on the newer tracks (trigger radius????)
    • Modesto

Basically the record tables are buggered. That said, I can deal with it because we have lovely Connavar's website for all the real ones

So yeah, apart from me being appaulingly **** at the new tracks/modes, those are the only problems i've had. Haven't failed a BR yet and haven't not picked up a weapon after hearing a beep. well done SL, finally i can start enjoying my game again.

PSN ID
    RobCoxy

I'd just like to mention a small thing. With the new fury menus/ theme some of the online badges and writing look really 'smudged' and not clear... which looks a bit cheap. With EVERY other part of the game being so highly polished this just annoys me a little. But like i said, this is a VERY small thing .

I have also had the sound issue and a couple of freezes though .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tileon

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    well done SL, finally i can start enjoying my game again.
    Well I would have liked an HDD and internet broadband and a whopping lot of patches for a buggy mess I bought in 2002. Hell must look like a DVD with PAL Fusion scorched on it, which can never, ever be patched or erased and done RIGHT.

Bugs are fine as long as they're dealt with. Game's still good.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

another thing i forgot about: it's impossible to change ship with 8 players in the room because auto-timer no longer let's you choose while the countdown it happening, it forces you back to main room bit thingy

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

• Pads are much harder to hit on the newer tracks (trigger radius????)
    Yes! I've noticed that too and it drives me crazy! Glad to know I'm not losing my mind! If you don't hit the pads (both weapon and speed) almost dead center then you get nada! I wish this would be fixed!

Timezone
    GMT + 10

The main thing I dislike about Fury is that it just feels like a different game - the look and feel of the ships and tracks just seem so plastic, compared with the original Wipeout HD.

I am still trying to love the new modes - Eliminator is slooowly growing on me, but Detonator and Zone Battle just feel like mini-games. Heck, I dunno.. call me old-fashioned, but keeping with the original theme, and simply adding the new tracks and a couple of new teams and skins, and I would have been perfectly happy!

I'll give it time I guess...

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    RidgeTop

I totally agree with you on most points, I really love Eliminator and Detonator, Zone Battle... is ok. The new music tracks are very good also. But yeah I would have definatley prefered new teams as opposed to replacement ships.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Re: Pads are harder to hit

...and I thought it was only me Is it happening on the HD tracks as well, or is it only the new tracks that are affected?
    I must admit I haven't played a HD track since Fury came out...

PSN ID
    RobCoxy

but keeping with the original theme,
    Good point! With Fury the whole game changes, the theme, even the background picture when you highlight the game on the XMB is now fury. Even though i think fury is great, it IS an expansion not an actual game. It seems to have kicked the old WipEout HD out in that respect and I miss things from the old WipEout HD that are gone with fury.

Still, Fury kicks ASS! I'd rather have it than not !

PSN ID
    Axellink

Yup the pads detection radius has definately been reduced! I thought it was just me being rubbihs! phew!

PSN ID
    micky1984

I also think the fast lap badge is buggered, im consistently seeing the last person in the race being awarded with the fastlap badge even tho they finished way behind the pack

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

another thing i forgot about: it's impossible to change ship with 8 players in the room because auto-timer no longer let's you choose while the countdown it happening, it forces you back to main room bit thingy
    I noticed that, and I think it's possible for the game host to start a game while you are browsing ships - and when s/he does, you are stuck with whatever ship you were looking at at that time.

I was the involentary pilot of many a ship last night, due to a trigger happy host (I'm pretty sure we were only 6 people, so it must have been the host).

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Default Well, whats been bugging me......

• The game freezes more and I need to restart my PS3 more ofen. This was solely on an online thing with HD but now in offline games I get micro freezes and complete freezes as well. I usually have to restart my PS3 once a day from this.
    • The first mag-strip dip on amphiseum, on Phantom I keep digging my nose into the floor. While it doesnt appear to cost me energy or speed, its still annoying.
    • Weapon pads, agreed with what others have said on this thread.

Apart from that, I think its all goood.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Fury Menu is flawed for two reasons:
    -AGSys, Triakis and EGX logos/names are unreadable on it.
    -Fury music loop lasts 44 seconds, while HD music loop 2 minutes and 50 seconds! There is so much potential for the music! Please extend it in the next patch!

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Thank god other people are experiencing the pad issue! I knew I was the world's best at pad evasion anyway but it did look like it was taking the piss