Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Top 5 reasons why wipeout HD/Fury rocks ;-)

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Griffon_ACG

Man, I mean I love the game for just about everything overall, but now I gotta single stuff out? Aw man.

1) Overall gameplay. Growing up my two favorite racers were Extreme G and F-Zero. Wipeout is more or less the combination of and improvement on, everything that was good about those games. Speed and movement of F-Zero with the tracks and weapons of Extreme G? Yes please. (Yes, I'm aware that Wipeout predates Extreme G. )

2) Customizable options. Prefer the old HUDs to the new HD one? Change it. Don't like the Fury Menu as much as the HD menu? You're nuts, but change it. Not to mention the almighty Custom Soundtrack. Few, if any, games have put this much effort into the small details that allow the player to experience the game how they want to.

3) Online play. Now this day and age that's sort of a given, but it's still awesome. Most of the racing games I was hooked on previously were older, so all I had to race were my friends, and as awesome as that was, now I can race anyone in the world. Badass. Not to mention how well the online system actually works. No problems like horrible lag or anything despite races having people from all corners of the world blasting along the track at mach 1. If only Armored Core's online play was this sturdy.

4) Difficulty. This game does a great job of easing new players into the game and letting them get their bearings without making them demolish their controllers in frustration. And even if they do get trashed, it just makes them want to come back and try harder. But on the other end of the spectrum, there's more than enough here to keep the elite players busy and their skills honed and tested to perfection.

5) The price. Everything that was said above, and for the third of the price of a regular game? And a whole new expansion for half the price of that? There's gotta be a catch.

1. The new tracks in Fury just work so well. They feel fast and exciting - perhaps more so than the HD tracks for some reason. They have enough BRs to keep things interesting for those who like them, but they are not all going to be BR crazy. This is a good compromise.

2. I love the new ships. It`s a great decision to bring these in - they spice things up.

3. Online is working very well. To me it`s quite amazing that I can play wipeout against guys in Japan with no apparent or significant lag, when I think about it that is incredible really.

4. The new game modes add an amount of replay value to HD that I will never exhaust it all. They are very clever and exciting game modes too.

5. The menus and artistic design are just awesome in so many places. My kids were "WOW" just when they saw the HD menus, and they are tough, cynical little people. The other design highlight is surely the "Pure 4" zone tracks - works of art!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Haywire_Guy

1) Online hardware - Virtually lag free and server connections lightning in comparison to games such as UT3 etc.

2) Amazing 1080p graphics, displayed in full motion at 60fps. To find an awesome racing game is hard, to find it graphically awesome is even harder. Most find it hard to support 720p even at 30fps (looking at you BURNOUT PARADISE) but this supplies graphics, fluidity AND sharp controls.

3) Selection of crafts, suited for any player of any skill level and racing preference.

4) PSN only: load times are super fast and no need to insert/reinsert disc everytime your up for a futuristic combat race.

5) total file totals LESS THAN A GIGABYTE. Where as rubbish like Dark Sektor manage to space out 24 GIGABYTES, this game packs better graphics, tight controls and a superb online multiplayer into a single file. To reinforce this Fury, a whole new game in itself, is only 750mb.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by djKyoto View Post
    Yeldar - That spot is mine.
    I live in england so i call shotgun

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Well, the first time i see the classic "10 things i like about wipeout xxxx" in this HD, but with 5 reasons.

Well, this is my second favorite wipeout. The first is the very first WipEout, from 1995.

1. Fluid, constant fps. I have a 50Hz and i see the game with a very nice scroll.
    2. Gameplay. Control of the crafts, barrel rolls, weapons, literally flying over the track after a turbo many times... i love it.
    3. Custom soundtrack. I never thought that Uplifting Trance from Ferry Corsten, M.I.K.E, Robert Nickson... could play it in some WipEout. The original soundtrack is good too, Mason, Kraftwerk remixed by Alex Gopher and Etienne de Crecy, The Stanton Warriors, Ed Rush, Optical and Matrix...
    4. The graphics. I have not at the moment a HDTV, but in any case the game looks amazing. Crafts, tracks, menus, color skins... wow.
    5. The environment. The presentation of the tracks with this futuristic, in some cases urban, with financial buildings, hotels, mega malls... keeps me inside this world for the time i play the game.

But there is a thing that i don't like. What about the 4:3 TV owners? Luckily in my TV i have an option to put two black brands up and down to make the correct aspect ratio if it is showing something at 16:9, like this WipEout HD. But the game does not this, not like few others which they do.

Anyway, the game is cool, i didn't talk about the great and nice online community, sometimes with people talking "good race man" and something like that which makes better ambient to play with. I love the bugfixes in the case they are, updates and expansions.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

1- Tech de Ra , The Amphiseum , Modesto Heights

2- new ( and improved ) harimau, quirex , goteki, piranha, triakis and so on

3- new menus style ( although it's little glithcy in my case )

4- finally a damned DLC...

5- ...and it comes in SUMMER

PSN ID
    madwiperII

1. Its realistic, in a way. It manages to convince me I am racing in the future. Mass advertisement on the track walls, convincing scenery etc.
    2. Appearance of the ships. Most of the ships look so cool, and like they are really designed to do, what they do!
    3. Tracks. I like the way i can chose from either a fast and fun anulpha pass, or a sticky walled uber mall or sol 2.
    4. Custom soundtrack - I only listen to the wipeout 1 album while playing HD.
    5. The return of some classic wipeout things. Like the 3, 2, 1, Go! (though i still miss curly's sexy voice haha), and also the partial return of the technical style used for wip3out menu design (as in the rectangles, with corner missing, triangular arrows etc)

Does anyone agree with my points?