Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Top 5 reasons why wipeout HD/Fury rocks ;-)

PSN ID
    superpj1

Default Your Top 5 reasons why Wipeout HD/Fury rocks ;-)

Please give your Top 5 reasons why Wipeout HD/Fury rocks. Mine :

1/ From beginners to experts, everyone can play it thanks to Pilot Assist and the various speeds (personnaly I got into it thanks to Pilot Assist, I always found this game far too difficult)

2/ Incredible 1080P graphics + 60fps (I have never played such a smooth racing game)

3/ Barrel Rolls that make this game so special and "hidden" places where you can make them. On Wipeout, more than any other racing games, you can easily see a difference between a good player and a bad player.

4/ Userfriendlyness (driving tips, menus, records tables, screens that display what your friends are doing, etc.)

5/ The big community

Your turn
    Last edited by superpj1; 26th July 2009 at 04:19 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    IxDELTAxI

1. Great sense of speed
    2.Amazing tracks that test your skill
    3.Powerups that can change the outcome of a race at any moment
    4.Zone mode
    5.Great online community

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

Oh gosh where to start!?

3. The Ships

They. Look. Freakin. Sexy. Every one of 'em.

2. The Menu

The HD menu used to be a factoring ingredient in what would eventually get me bored of the game. That bright white (which really brought out the soldering iron deficiencies of my 27" television with numerous white lines at the top) over to that sexy black cherry fury menu (which doesn't show the problem as bad ) is just all around cool to have on when you're setting up a game or browsing your awesomeness in the just as sexy stats menu.

1. The Tracks

More than anything, even the ships with their furious red tails, I love the tracks in this xpac. lotta Talon's Junction hate going around (and I am with you when zone battling on it) but I think it's a beautiful track with it's seven other counterparts. The zone tracks are incredible to look at, especially at the different zones. Mach 1 On Syncopia for example has a certain point that looks like two monsters grinning at you when you start dropping down the ramps! I love it.

All in all I think it's a great sport to challenge one another in, and it was before, but now particularly with the black and red of fury amongst us.

PSN ID
    GreenPhazon

5. Price
    4. Better than Pulse/Pure
    3. I'm better than anyone I know in RL (although that's not saying much)
    2. Graphics and how fast they make you feel
    1. Until F-Zero GX sequel (in full HD please, Nintendo!) it's my favourite racer.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tileon

You're making it sound like some sexy sex sex SEX! lol

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

• Great community
    • Stylish graphics
    • Very fast speeds
    • Unique race physics
    • Excellent music

Cheers!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

- top-notch graphics
    - killer trackdesign
    - awesome art direction
    - fantastic competition
    - wonderful fast racing friends

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Sex appeal sells cars. It's the same for AG crafts

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    billychanxtr33m

-amazing graphics. the best looking game ive ever played
    -bargain price. for HD and fury
    -online works great
    -zone mode. worth the price of admission alone
    -custom playlists

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Default It would be easier to say what I dont like!

1 - Graphics and art direction is fantastic. If you want to show off what PS3 is capable of, this is the game. Its the benchmark PSN title.

2 - The tracks are fun and challenging at the same time.

3 - Value for money. HD and Fury together is half of the price of a release game and WipEout is so much better than most.

4 - Plenty of fun game modes to choose from.

5 - The physics feel right. The ships react as youd expect AG craft to react.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

1 - The art style is clean and fitting of the futuristic racing league. Graphics really pop and it all runs flawlessly.

2 - Game play is easy to play but hard to master, with a perfect racing line obtainable but oh so hard to reach. Neat modes like Zone, detonator, eliminator change a track you've been racing on to something completely different.

3 - Best bang for your buck if you own a PS3 and love any racing game.

4 - Online play is unbeatable, with ton of skilled wipers all looking to finish first it is always (well usually when not getting owned by weapons ) great fun.

5 - The WipeoutZone community make a great game even better with tournaments, helpful tips, videos, and an overall great user base. Nothing like trash talking in the WOzone chatroom after an awesome (or more common bad ) race.

in no particular order.

1 fantastic graphics
    2 super fast
    3 play your own tunes
    4 fantastic graphic again
    5 hard to master
    6 super quality human opponents to beat online
    7 this website works perfectly with the game
    8 All together everything works well artwork theme style...nice

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Artieficial

1. The best-looking next-gen game out there, period. The visual design is amazing, and the framerate is as smooth as butter 99% of the time.

2. Zone-mode. Need I say more? One of the most hypnotic gaming-experiences ever, and it just doesn't get old. Also the best way to listen to new music, especially if it is techno / house / electrical.

3. Gameplay. Wipeout HD is the most perfectly balanced out of the franchise in my humble opinion. Think a middle-ground between Pure and Pulse.

4. Online-community. WipeoutZone <3

5. Track-design. I know they're remakes, but they are the prime example of how to do 'em. Studio Liverpool really hit it out of the park with these.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

In no particular order:

1. Visuals: The game looks simply amazing, it's the first game I show to any of my friends and the jaws never cease to drop. This is even more true now with the incredible visuals of the new tracks in Fury.

2. Difficulty: Easy to play, hard to master... I think every kind of player will find something to challenge him in WOHD, from the most casual to the most extremely hardcore.

3. Zone mode: There is no experience like it. You have to try it to believe how awesome it looks and feels. The colour schemes (especially the new ones we get to see in Fury) are simply breath-takingly beautiful at times. It's also the second coolest visualization for your music library after Audiosurf.

4. Value for money: This is by far the most rewarding title on the PS3, if not on any next-gen platform. I dare you to think days on another game at this price that can glue you to your seats for 400+ hours (the game time of some hardcore players here who've been playing WOHD since its releace). You won't come up with any.

5. Diversity: There's so much content in this game - especially since Fury - that I sometimes find myself not being able to decide which mode/track combination I want to play next. It's mind-boggling!

PSN ID
    Crobweb

Bless everyone for politely ignoring jasmin's faux pas, and bless jasmin for coming up with 8

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

1. Modesto Heights

2. The new visual style is absolutely stunning. Super high-tech future for the win!

3. The Huge amount of new content, new campaign, ships, modes, it completely delivers.

4. The soundtrack hit my sweetspot, my favorite genres and awesome tunes all around.

5. New online badges, increase ranking possibility and the sweetness that is multiplayer eliminator!

6. Feels like it got a whole lot faster!

7. I've started liking different ships with their Fury variations.

Seven for good luck

Hello Crob, awesome expansion.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

1. The new circuit selection is impeccable, Modesto Heights was one of my favourites in Pure
    2. Fury ships with their looks and improved statistics
    3. The tracks with their striking architecture and amazing designs (I spotted a Rubik's cube type thing in the Amphiseum which made me smile )
    4. Eliminator, I loved it in Wip3out and Pulse and I love the ultra destructive nature of it in HD
    5. Online mode brings lots of variety with the game modes and enables you to race real pilots

WipEout HD is certainly one of my favourite PS3 games, I've spent more time on it then all of my retail games.
    Good job Studio Liverpool
    Last edited by Amorbis; 28th July 2009 at 12:43 AM.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

1. The visual are obscene in every way: smooth, crisp, awesome, phan(om)tastic.....I need a thesaurus of positive words....
    2. 2097 was the first game I ever played and this game has rekindled the feelings that I had for the game way back then
    3. The community is awesome, everyone's dead helpful and the events organised by people are brilliant
    4. You can always improve, the game never stops.
    5. The design: the whole aspect/genre/ideas behind the game, from the ships to the tracks to the logos have inspired so many things in me it's unreal. If SL have a job placement I will PAY to get it

Sorry if I got a little emotional/sappy/sentimental back there. I'm knackered but honest...honest

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Art Style & Presentation
    Replayability
    It's fun
    It's fast
    It looks beautiful.

Yeldar - That spot is mine.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    guggle

In no particular order:
    1. Graphics - simply stunning!!!
    When people who've never seen the game before look at it, they are amazed at how good it looks and how smooth the action is.
    2. Online play is awesome!!!
    When I first started playing Wipeout 2097 I knew that it would have made a great online game and I was right!!! There's nothing like racing on your favourite class, in your favourite ship, against pilots who are similarly skilled (doesn't matter how good or bad you really are, if the others are similar, you can't beat it!)
    3. Music
    The supplied tracks are awesome but the ability to create your own playlist adds to the whole experience.
    4. The tracks - so very real!
    Every track I've ever played in Wipeout (only HD/Fury & 2097) are utterly realistic. Not just the tracks but the entire environment. When I re-spawn in a few centuries time I want to come back as an AG Pilot!!!
    5. The price!!
    When I bought WO 2097 it cost me about AUD$90.00. I've just paid a total of AUD$41.00 for the absolute pleasure of playing HD/Fury and would have happily paid twice that!!!
    Michael.