View Poll Results: Which of the Fury tracks do you love most?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Talons Junction >>

7 6.80%
  • Talons Junction <<

2 1.94%
  • The Amphiseum >>

15 14.56%
  • The Amphiseum <<

9 8.74%
  • Modesto Heights >>

17 16.50%
  • Modesto Heights <<

14 13.59%
  • Tech de Ra >>

23 22.33%
  • Tech de Ra <<

16 15.53%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Fury track do you love most?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Default Which Fury track do you love most?

Yeah, someone had to do it
    Anyhoo, I'm gonna make a start and say that I am absolutely in LOVE with the new tracks, and I mean ALL OF THEM (okay Talons kinda sucks but ah well j/k).

My Favorite? Modesto Heights Forward - I just wish more Pure tracks would make a return, those were (and still are) AWESOME!
    Gimme BlueRidge and Staten Park and I'll never need another game...

I also REALLY like the HD version of Tech de Ra (which didn't appeal to me in Pulse - although I barely played that, admittedly), I really like the atmosphere, with the bleak sunlight and the rocks, classy! Bit like a Fusion track, in a good way!

Speaking of atmosphere: it doesn't get any better than the HD Amphiseum! The new lighting is a thing of beauty - this is the one HD track that definitely oozes with 2097 feeling! Love it!
    I have one concern though: on the forward version, right after the start, there's that big magstrip dip, and on phantom, no matter how much you pull up, your nose will always grind the track. It doesn't do any damage, but man, it's SO annoying! Couldn't they design the angle of that dip a bit smoother so we don't have to hear that awful chr-chrnk every lap?

And yeah, not so fond of Talons Junction. Not bad, but... meh. But that's probably because I suck at it right now
    Don't really like the track texture there either, and a loop, well, it's basically a straightaway, so woohoo, exciting! :/

But, to end this on a positive note: Modesto is a Pure fan's wet dream come true - even without the graffiti - and the reverse version works surprisingly well, and also makes the new hardest track in the game (which is good. very, VERY good )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Syncopia

EDIT:
    I still have to see all the normal tracks under their default texturing. xD
    Tonight, tonight!
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 25th July 2009 at 02:06 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

I've never played the PSP versions, so these are all brand new to me! I love Modesto Heights fwd. Boosting through the chicane is a thrill! The downtown setting is also incredible and contrasts well with Ubermall's commercial district style. Love phantom speedlap with The Touch- Le Night Dominator playing.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Modesto Heights is very nice, but i think i prefer the "entertainment city" Amphiseum, especially Amphiseum White, that is Reverse in this game.

Habib, anyway you forgot the exclusive zone tracks, pro tozo, mallavol, and the others.

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

I'd have to go with Modesto forward. Something about it demands that you tame it in any way you can. The reverse is the new Outpost 7 in my eyes. Only time will tell if I actually like racing the reverse of this track. The atmoshepre on it is beautiful as well, making one feel like your IN a city, not on it's outskirts.

The Amphiseum is a wonder to behold as well. Both directions offer some great "WOAH!" moments. And I agree El, the lighting is just like racing on Gare D' Europa for 2097/XL. SL definitely have done a marvelous job on the track atmosheres for all of them, but Amphi and Modesto take the top slots for overall awesomeness.

PSN ID
    micky1984

YES i completely agree with the annoying dip which makes ur ship scrape the track on amphesium, ruins the flow of an otherwise perfect race . . . . at least this time u can boost down it on phantom without luanching of the track like in pulse think talons is my favorite but amphesium wud b if it wasnt for that issue

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

I think you would love the PSP Modesto Reap, it was kinda sunset-ish, whereas this one is full on day. And that second or third turn was JUST as bad as the Chenghou hairpin on Pure. But that one's not racking up in my favorites. And Reverse I HATE on Phantom. I bounce all over the damned place.

My favorite so far would be Tech De Ra reverse, and Talon's Junction reverse. And have a feeling they will be my favorites. Both of their forwards too. But that damned reverse Modesto. Amphiseum I love too, cause when I took that big drop right after the amphi-scenic shourtcut that was my very first moment going "wow, this is fury." Falling down between all those big buildings. Gah, love it.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

I like Talons Junction atm due to my #1 online time.

Couldn't really pick to be honest, I love them all.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I have to say I like all the new tracks. I never really liked Tech De Ra in Pulse (I always fell off) but it plays nicely in HD. The Amphiseum is still good, probably one of my top Pulse tracks and is very fun in Zone. Talon's Junction is a bit meh and has nothing too special, it's OK but doesn't stand out. Modesto Heights is easily the best new track for me. It's the most aesthetically pleasing track in Fury and is a challenge to navigate.

The new tracks are very good, SL made good choices. I still need to learn them all properly .

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

This is absolutely hilarious. I thought you guys weren't going to like the Pure track and I was going to go nuts over it but it's the exact opposite!

Really about Talon's Amorbis? The floor is the most incredible thing to me about Talon just for one of the instant things you can get into that really flesh out the 1080p (i know a lot of other stuff does too) and that's a unique bit for me, especially on zones where you can make it deep purple or orange (my favorite). But like Avenger said only time will tell. I might be able to get around Modesto Reverse and it not make me want to cry.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I like the architecture of the HD version of Modesto. Though I have to admit I loved the atmosphere of that industrial, rusty Modesto in Pure. They really turned the whole atmosphere upside down. They did that with Talons Juction as well, which had a Wip3out feeling to me in Pulse.
    But that's not certainly a bad thing I must admit

Though, I would like to see another track with Pure Modesto's mood to it in HD as well. Yep. That would be nice.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JesterStoeck

I thought most of the new fury tracks had some charm to them, but I could hardly call one a favorite. I was much more enamored by the new zone tracks. Syncopia is amazing. I also like Corridon 12's design, but for some reason I don't care for doing zone on it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Tech De Ra >> is atm my favorite. It drives smooth and the scenery is astounding! In close second it the Amphiseum << because of the ENORMOUS drop near the finish line WOAH The level design of this track is also gorgeous.

Then after its Modesto Heights in both ways, its just total madness.

Talon's Junction aint my favorite, its short, the track is narrow and i feel claustrophobic I still can't figure how to work out the looping... It feels like its slaloming while i'm passing in... o_O

But overall, i like the new tracks very much, they give me a feel of 5th Element's futuristic panoramas!! SUPERGREEN!!!

PSN ID
    JJohnEames

Modesto heights is my favourite but i am lovin all the new tracks aswell. I think the new tracks fit in great with the old ones. Bravo SL

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

More, more Pulse tracks are need, still too many Pure tracks that out weigh the Pulse ones;

Vertica
    De Konstruct
    Platinum Rush
    Gemini Dam

Are the next coming DLC packs of optimum choice;

Look at the pole, and how successful Tech De Ra is. Ive even seen KANDANG is back in the game killing the Single Race, TT and SLs on Talons Junction, The Ampisuem and Tech De Ra. Shows the massive interests in these Pulse favorite tracks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Gemini Dam looked nice from what I've seen from videos. The whole DLC for Pulse looked pretty awesome (huge jumps, tight corners etc).
    And tehn throw Citta Nuova from Pure in and you're done

By the way: Any ideas what the "theme" for the next DLC is? I could imagine it being focussed on something pure, as Fury is more based on battle and destruction

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

Oh yea? Well there's a few from Pure I wanna see too!

Like Sincuit
    Iridia
    Altima Vll
    CittaNuova

And maybe, maybe Blue Ridge. Thanks goes to Kandang for having his videos up on YT while I searched through them to remember which tracks from Pure I liked. Some of them like that House of Cards and Purple Hair and Burgertown looked incredible and I've NEVER seen them before! The joys of Pure I never found.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

you know I want De Konstruct on the next HD project! that track would be awesome!

That will be a cool scenery and dark!

Sorry, I`m drifting away into another world!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Oh gawd Sauce, the next xpac. I like your way of thinking! Never say die! And as to what you've said about Modesto on Pure having that beautiful darkness/industrialization to it; I couldn't agree more. When you go down into the dip around the first turn or so and into that neat little underground tunnel it always used to remind me of my childhood going through the tunnel systems through the mountains whenever we went visiting relatives. Ahh, too bad HD Fury's Modesto had to be at day time.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

It's a close call between Amphiseum and Tech de Ra, but I'll go with Amphiseum reverse. Not too technical, not to boring.

I can only imagine the 3D neon signs whenever FX350 comes to town!

To borrow someone elses catchfrase: This is entertainment!