Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2.01

Just to contribute..

I'm running an 80 gig launch (motorstorm bundle, BC compatibility) PS3 and haven't had any framerate drops as of yet.

PSN ID
    Futurespect

It now locks up when I try to exit Speed Lap mode. Happens after I confirm (X) on the final screen. I have to reboot the PS3 via its power button.

Is that a known Fury/2.01 bug?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

The only thing im not pleased with is the framerate.

Cant you at least give people the option to disable effects to get 60fps?
    I want the game to look good but not if its affecting the framerate. This makes me want the game on PC. which is kinda weird because that's where framerate should be a problem when everyone has different hardware.

I dont understand why developers choose to have a choppy game.

make the game look as pretty as it can without interfering with framerate! Plz!

(im running EU version 2.01 of game on a US 60GB launch Ps3 in 1080p.)

Timezone
    GMT -6

I've often felt the same way (that when a game is being developed for known hardware like a console system it should never suffer framerate problems) but when you really think about it, its probably not as easy as it seems it should be. I mean its a simple matter to say "if theres a framerate problem at any time you need to lower the visual overhead to keep the frames up." But doing that most likely would mean you'd end up cutting down greatly on the overall "wow factor". The framerate issues likely only occur when you get a confluence of different things happening at once (ftmp). If you design the game so that that never happens, you probably have to basically cut alot of the effects right out which would leave you with a game that's bland looking all the time but has a great, never-wavering framerate instead of a game that looks fantastic (like Wipeout HD) in general with occasional frame issues. The fact of the matter is that games that look bland don't usually do very well...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    diddymal

I might be totally off on this, but I downloaded the Fury pack, installed it but my net has crapped out so I haven't been able to patch my game.

The problem is, I can't play Fury! It says 'fury" when I select the game from the XMB, but when it loads it's nowhere to be found, do I havew to patch it before I can play it or something? This is bullshit.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

has anyone else noticed that the 'fastest lap' badge is always given to the guy in last place?
    this may just be if the guy in first has a higher ranking trophy but i'm not sure yet...

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

yeldar, fastest lap doesn't imply to be 1st in race - if I get your comment right.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Z_Zoquis: My first thought is that the game shouldnt be 1080p. Doing it in 720p would probably help this issue straightaway?
    I play the game scaled from 1920*1080 -> 1366*768 in 40" and it looks really crisp anyway. (And yes I have seen the game on a 1080p TV too! :] )

I get screentearings 1-2 times per lap on Metropia when I play Speed Lap, everytime on the last curve. Either my Ps3 is broken or I think the problem is more than "occasional frame issues" (since speed lap should be easy on the ps3 compared to many situations in the game). I dont know what im hoping for of the two to be honest..

And yes this affects my gaming experience, otherwise I wouldnt bring it up. Compare with framerateissues in a beat em up, just shouldnt be there.

I love the game and expansion pack if you ignore this issue.
    (just a little bit hard to do for me..)

sorry for only complaining..

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Appears to be working normally now,

Is it normal in Zone and other modes for your custom music soundtrack to skips and kick in and out, has anybody else had music issues at all?

I am not playing Fury (though I do plan to get it). I rarely play online. I love the game though. Now I updated (the 109 MB) last night and the game crashes all the time. I just want to say thank you to whoever made the update (and threw advertisements in it of all things ) for making one of my favorite games that I can always turn too for some quick fun, and turning my PS3 into an XBOX (and that's not a jab at XBOX, I like both systems, but let's face it crashing is the XBOX's forte). I hope that they fix this atrocious update soon, and I warn anyone that if they can get by without updating then they should try until this issue is resolved. Because as far as I can tell, you can't "un-update".

Quote Originally Posted by Futurespect View Post
    It now locks up when I try to exit Speed Lap mode. Happens after I confirm (X) on the final screen. I have to reboot the PS3
    THIS.

This is a sure fire way to make it crash every single time.

PSN ID
    Nunalho

My game never crashed and i dont have fr problems, only sound bugs.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Really getting pissed off now,

Second online eliminator session freeze;

26/07: On Moa forward with JJ in the room, on the main mag strip, game custom soundtrack was still playing though.

27/07: On Amp forward with Stink, Amb and FUBAR in the room, on the first mag strip just after the starting grid, game custom soundtrack was still playing though.

Is this a bug, or that i have a really shiity net connection that cant handle this new mode too well?????

could be your con. Australia is a long way away. hope you get it sorted though whatever it is.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I only had the Online Lobby crash on me a couple times. I'll let ya know if I have any issues when i update.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Tweedle View Post
    ... Update V2.01 fixes the problem with ... the mid-race stutters we were seeing. ...
    And we got them back with Fury. Even in ZONE mode there is a strong
    random shutter that last for about a 1/10th of a second, whether being
    online (connected to PSN) or not.

PSN ID
    superpj1

Sometimes I have stutters that last for a hole second, and meanwhile I get overtaken