Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HD Voice Chat

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    PainAndTears

Quote Originally Posted by crawdad62 View Post
    It hasn't worked since Wipeout HD was released almost a year ago. I'm not even sure it's something they've addressed at all.
    I remember when it worked for the most part when Wipeout HD came out. I do agree it would be distracting to try to talk/trash talk while racing, especially during a phantom race, but I would enjoy talking/trash talking amongst friends via headsets. If they ever decide to fix the talking issue, I hope they change the way you have to talk during a game. For this there are several options:

A) No buttons held required, talking is always on.
    B) Have a button to toggle talking. ( Press L3, or a different button of your choice via control options to enable/disable talking) Punisher No Mercy does this very well with Down and Right on the D-Pad. Down toggles Mic, and Right toggles Headset. Back to Wipeout HD. If I recall correctly, R3 isn't used for anything, so maybe you have L3 toggle Mic, and R3 toggle Headset. These settings could be changed to your own preferences. They work for me since I race with D-Pad, hehe. Or just keep things simple and have only L3 toggle chat, and if you are getting annoying by someone, just mute them or take off your headset.
    C) Keep it where you have to hold down a button. This is the least desired option in my opinion, because it can be distracting and mess up the whole race. I guess it could be a blessing for some and a curse. (Imagine a guy trying to trash talk you and then they crash because they're holding down L3 LOL) And if anyone is concerned about annoying/offensive people, put in a Mute option, maybe even an abuse report button, but that may be taking it to far. But yeah, with SL at hard work at the moment, the recent release of 2 patches, and Fury, I am very satisfied and respect them very much. I'm just saying if they fixed the chat system, (via option A or B), which was included from start, this game would be perfect.
    Last edited by PainAndTears; 25th July 2009 at 05:07 AM.

PSN ID
    superpj1

Quote Originally Posted by crawdad62 View Post
    It hasn't worked since Wipeout HD was released almost a year ago. I'm not even sure it's something they've addressed at all.
    no it used to work when wipeout came out.

PSN ID
    JamboGT

I would be delighted with lobby chat only even, in gameplay chat is not that important to be honest.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

Lobby chat would be SUPER... People trying to organize Bling brigade would be soo much easier. Just say "we're doing bling brigade." or something. Instead of trying to text message them and try to race back to the screen to delay the race! And eventually let everyone know! Or even worse try to organize it with two people! One person keeps delaying the race while the other has to text the other SIX, and THEN text the host just to say start! See how unnecessary that is!

any kind of chat would be super ! is anyone aware whether Sony Liverpool are looking into this, or are they just happy to take our money for the dlc and not fix something they consider non-essential?

PSN ID
    JamboGT

I am not complaining about paying money for the awesome DLC but would love good voice chat support.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

I will say with 100% certainty that the voice chat in WipEout HD is fubar. Hopefully someone from SL will read this thread one day and let us know that they know that we know that they need to FIX THAT **** ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Wip3ou7 View Post
    I will say with 100% certainty that the voice chat in WipEout HD is fubar. Hopefully someone from SL will read this thread one day and let us know that they know that we know that they need to FIX THAT **** ASAP
    but by the definition of fubar (if true) they wouldn't be able to fix it.

PSN ID
    GreenPhazon

There's a good chance I'm going to win a BT headset on eBay in a couple of hours. I'll be able to see just how bad the chat in WOHD is.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

It will never be up to par during this generation.

No standardisation means that you can't expect people to even have a headset let alone have one that is actually good. It's a difference of night and day after comparing it with the Xbox 360. Because it comes standard with a headset, the majority of people use it. It also helps that the voice quality is pretty consistent.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

wired headset is not the solution. i have a wired one (from socom on ps2) it works perfect for everything except WO-HD dunno why, but it sucks because WO is by far the game i play the most on the ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by PjotrStroganov View Post
    It will never be up to par during this generation.

No standardisation means that you can't expect people to even have a headset let alone have one that is actually good. It's a difference of night and day after comparing it with the Xbox 360. Because it comes standard with a headset, the majority of people use it. It also helps that the voice quality is pretty consistent.
    what a load of rubbish, there are plenty of games on the ps3 where voice chat works perfectly fine - burnout, cod and motorstorm2 spring straight to mind so to say it won't work this generation because there is no standardisation in the ps3 feature set is pure rot.

PSN ID
    GreenPhazon

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsagmannen View Post
    wired headset is not the solution. i have a wired one (from socom on ps2) it works perfect for everything except WO-HD dunno why, but it sucks because WO is by far the game i play the most on the ps3.
    It would seem the problem is WOHD, not headsets.

PSN ID
    superpj1

I have 2 microphones : the official headset (wireless) and the playstation eye (wired) and both have problems with Wipeout while they work perfectly with other games.

Quote Originally Posted by superpj1 View Post
    I have 2 microphones : the official headset (wireless) and the playstation eye (wired) and both have problems with Wipeout while they work perfectly with other games.
    it's definately not the headsets as I have the same as you plus the jabra one that came with warhawk and they work fine with everything else.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Quote Originally Posted by superpj1 View Post
    no it used to work when wipeout came out.
    I've never has any luck with it. Either through USB or BT. I've got a fairly fast connection too. I mean yes it worked. But not to the level that made it much use. I haven't even tried for a long time so I can't say it's worse now than it was but IMHO compared to other online multiplayer games it's been pretty bad form the start.

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

I bought the official PS3 headset solely for WipEout HD, and needless to say I was very disappointed. I've met some very talented people on HD and it'd be great to chat to them whilst waiting in the lobby. I couldn't cope with speaking whilst racing, but sitting in the lobby sometimes gets very boring.

its a fantastic headset, shame its of little use on this game.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Voice chat USED to work when HD first was released.

But it changed dramatically ,it went out the window the same time as when the little nationality flag next to your name while racing online went south.

Which was roughly 3 weeks after release.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

you think anything can be done to fix it?