Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HD Voice Chat

Default HD Voice Chat

have to say its absolutely awful, imposible to make out anything - sounds like someone trying to gargle a glass of water - any ideas if anything is being done about this as fully funtioning chat would add so much more when youre playing with friends.

PSN ID
    GreenPhazon

Bluetooth headset tech just isn't up to scratch with the wired alternatives. You compromise quality of sound with wirelessness. Still, WOHD isn't the best place to be trying it out. I'd want one of the QWERTY keyboards for communication in WOHD.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenPhazon View Post
    Bluetooth headset tech just isn't up to scratch with the wired alternatives. You compromise quality of sound with wirelessness. Still, WOHD isn't the best place to be trying it out. I'd want one of the QWERTY keyboards for communication in WOHD.

bluetooth headset tech seems to work fine in just about every other online game.

I cant disagree thats for sure, last night i was playing with a mate and we gave up and went on COD4, it was impossible to make a single word out

EDIT:

Using an Offical Sony PS3 headset on both parties this was.

i agree, sometimes you get the odd headset dropouts but on wipeout the quality was so bad it is impossible to make anything out - how can it be soooo wrong ?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I too have never been able to get voice chat to work properly in Wipeout. I have the official Sony PS3 headset they started selling last year.

Although it's kind of nice it doesn't work. Trash talk at Phantom speed would mess me up bad.

but when you get a missile launched up your back passage, wouldnt you want to thank your opponenent properly for doing so ?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix42 View Post
    Trash talk at Phantom speed would mess me up bad.
    You bring up a good point. Kinda keeps things on that big scale of just the music, and the race at hand. And the smack-talking text messages aren't bad either. I'm sure some of us are pretty adept at popping off a real "snapper" shoot even before the game returns you to the lobby.

you could have a mute facility in the lobby where any offensive language or general trash talkers could be muted if required but at the moment you cant even have a lively bit of banter between friends its unusable

Trash talk wouldnt mess anyone up because if it did i am guessing they would use the mute option. As it is no one has anything to worry about because it doesnt work!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

So I gather this has not been fixed with the update.

Bummer.

But it might be a blessing in disguise if you knew how nasty conversations can get within "Other Games".

Chat room works fine within the forum members here,some seriously funny stuff has be typed out in various Avalon meets

fair play to you using chat rooms and text chat and all that, but the fact is voice chat has been included in the game so it needs fixing, if they didnt want chat in the first place why make an half-arsed attempt at voice chat? either fix it or remove it completely.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

While I guess I would like it fixed, man, I really hope they dedicate the talents and people available to a large retail WO release for PS3. I could live without another patch, DLC, or anything else if they would do this.

PSN ID
    JamboGT

Voice chat makes private games so much better.

Its a pity it still doesn't work properly

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post

amen to that

PSN ID
    superpj1

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    I agree

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Id make a habit of Running into Rapier rooms and Badmouthing them.

then SL might ban me :O

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

It is a pity. And it's not the BT technology either (although it can have its limitations). My kid plays Burnout Paradise all the time and he uses voice in games without any problem. However honestly I'm too busy during a race to use it and half the time I'm in rooms where I may be the only English speaker there so as long as there's not much else to complain about I'll live without it.

so do we have to wait for 2.02 to fix the voice chat ?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

It hasn't worked since Wipeout HD was released almost a year ago. I'm not even sure it's something they've addressed at all.