Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HD Voice Chat

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by meanalf View Post
    what a load of rubbish, there are plenty of games on the ps3 where voice chat works perfectly fine - burnout, cod and motorstorm2 spring straight to mind so to say it won't work this generation because there is no standardisation in the ps3 feature set is pure rot.
    So naming a few games makes voicechat across the board alright? Okay.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

No I think the point is it does work in some games and quite well. And that's the rub. There's no standard route developer take to include it. It's inconsistent. But the fact that it works in other games means that those "have it figured out" so to speak. Something SL does seem to have a handle on.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

That's the point I was trying to make in my first post.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Hi, I'm new to the forums and a recent fan of WipEout (started with Pulse). I just wanted to share my thoughts.

I'm kind of an "antisocial gamer", to the point that I seldom play games online because I get afraid of talking with english-speaking people, (I'm from México) I don't know if I'm afraid of people making fun of my accent or afraid of not understanding what they say, maybe I'm just unhealthily shy.

This takes me to the one thing I love about Ridge Racer 7's online mode: The chat/lobby system where you can just quickly send pre-made messages that no matter where you're from, everyone can understand. I hope the people at SL implement a system like this in the future, that would be a godsend to me.

Cheers!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Voice chat NEVER worked when HD first was released.
    Fix'd.

I was able to play RFoM perfectly well with voice chat after I got Warhawk blu-Ray. RFoM is a fricking launch title.
    WOHD is broken. That's one of the things I want them to fix that's been around for too long.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

I can't get voice chat to work with my friend over HD so far (and vice versa), tho I've heard other peoples ones work fine, but not many. Maybe only like a specific model works.

PSN ID
    superpj1

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    the one thing I love about Ridge Racer 7's online mode : The chat/lobby system where you can just quickly send pre-made messages that no matter where you're from, everyone can understand. I hope the people at SL implement a system like this in the future, that would be a godsend to me.
    I agree

PSN ID
    GreenPhazon

I now have a headset, so I might try the chat in WOHD in the near future. MSPR seems to have embraced voice chat, but I can't seem to start an online race on it

What games have good chat capabilities?

PSN ID
    BearAlmighty182

Talking voice chat

This is a very interesting topic for me. I have not yet attempted to use my headset for WOHD tbh i never really thought about it till i read this thread. If anyone wants to test it out one day with me let me know as i can definately see the benfits of speaking to my fellow pilots. Theres nothing worse than a race counter starting while writing mid message lol i can see it helping with such trophys as bling brigade etc.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Voice chat seldom did, now never does work.
    Most people have given up on it,you can tell by looking for the icon that donates if somebody is wearing one next to their name when your in the room awaiting the host to start the race.[I haven't seen that icon in many many months].
    Ace-Flo tries occassionaly, but he just comes through as a garbled mess.
    I strongly suggest the host of the Bling Brigade GG start a chat room instead.
    A far better option and a lot quicker than using normal messaging.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Kinda disappointing to find out it's probably worthless... I've been having a blast playing Blur with a buddy of mine using our headsets.. we team up on people, help each other out, it's a really fun experience; I was kinda hoping the same from HD :/

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Another problem is / was , that when it did work , unless you were racing Venom, it was pretty unmanageable to use when racing , what with having to hold down a button to talk.

If you did happen to manage to get it to work, and not crash, then you would have a good chance of getting a small glitch/lag every time you used it.
    Similar to when you switch to reverse view while racing online.

So due to those problems everybody stopped even trying to use it.

One thing I do miss from the first 3 weeks of HD's release that disappeared without a reason from SL , or most people noticing for that matter [you needed a HD TV for it to show up], was the little nationality flags that used to appear next to the racers name as you neared them when racing online.
    A neat feature that basically disappeared without comment by the vast majority.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

You had to press a button to talk? How ridiculous is that?! Isn't there just some kind of universal protocol for voice chat that they can use across every game? I mean... a headset should be a transparent thing, it broadcasts when you talk, and you shouldn't have to fumble with anything.

I'm sorry I asked I guess -_- I don't understand how they could screw something like that up.

I never saw the flags while racing, but don't they still show up in the lobby at least?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

I guess the best solution is to have a notebook next to you and use Skype.
    Cross-games, cross-consoles, ... I used it to play Uncharted 2 with friends.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    jan709

Tody i experienced everything WO voicechat has to offer, crashing everytime i tried to utter a word and when i got a full sentence out the response was a messege saying "what?".

its really dissapointning

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Dark-Twisted

Why is it that in any other game I can use voice chat normally but in WOHD my voice just jumps and stutters and sounds like garbage? Something is up there...

PSN ID
    someguy789

just how bad is the voice chat exactly?
    I've been trying to use my mic to organize bling brigade hopeing people can understand me but it hasn't been working is the chat so bad you can't understand anything at all?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Based on my experience - yes.
    Based on the rest of the posts in this thread - yes.
    Don't use voice chat for Bling Bridage. Go to the thread and read the suggestions about how to do it, i.e. use chat box. Blackwiggle's comments in that thread are all very helpful so my advice would be to follow his advice, and forget voice chat in WOHD.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by someguy789 View Post
    ... I've been trying to use my mic to organize ...
    Good luck! (xD)