Thread: Account / Online / Help

PSN ID
    njd82

Default Account / Online / Help

This is my first post and I'd also like to say that while there are many many posts covering the torrent of online issues people have with this game I've yet to be told or find how to resolve mine, despite the same problem being mentioned all over the place. I'd also like to point out that I am really not trying to annoy the mods be repeating posts, I just want some help getting my game online.

So...Nat Type 2 (which is fine), its not the friends list problem (i know this), I've deleted the whole game (plus my save game which hurt I don't mind telling you) and reinstalled, I run off of a wireless connection and ive tried both manual and automatic IP address and setups and yet when I try to go online I get; "There was a problem updating the game, please try again".

Now when I went onto a second account which I made just to try this, i got on first time and it ran perfectly. So I discovered there was nothing wrong with my connection and so then I tried to go back to my original account and I could get on there too!! Great I thought, problem solved! But this solution lasted only for the time I was logged in and as soon as I quit Wipeout and tried again later / the follow day I was back to square 1.

Now I've been told this problem can be resolved by getting my PSN account "reset" which sounds a little drastic (maybe it isn't, i don't know) but I don't know who I go about contacting with regards to this.

Can anybody please help a fellow pilot get online so he can kick some a** on eliminator?

Thanks

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Is this a NEW PS3 or a secondhand one ?

Are you the original owner [ better put] as I think this might be the source of your problem.

Depending on your reply.

Here is the contact numbers - Or search the offical UK PS forum for people that have had the same problem,a answer just might be there.

OFFICAL UK playstation forum :http://community.eu.playstation.com/...category.id=55

PStation UKforum TECHNICAL HELP FORUM;http://community.eu.playstation.com/...d?board.id=147

PSN ID
    njd82

Thanks for your reply but no, Its a launch day UK 60 gig model and has been mine from the beginning.

You think I should still get in contact with technical support?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

YES.

I can trouble shoot most PS3 software/hardware problems but this has me stumped.

There are several different problems you could be suffering from.

Unless I had the particular PS3 [ in my hands] I could not solve your problem.

I'm assuming that you have NEVER changed the HD to a larger one.

IMHO the best thing for you to do would to make a backup of all your saved data to a USB HD ,and double that with saved game data for games you will want to return to but have yet to finish.[don't worry about the trophies,as they are tied to your PSNID, not the saved data,they will always exist and hence always retrievable ]

Have you got a lot of VIDEO's/Photos /Music in different formats?

That's where I'm guessing the problem lays.

Back all those up,wipe the drive and install everything again.

DO a system update BEFORE you reinstall

PSN ID
    njd82

Ok so I don't keep movies or images on my system. I have one folder of mp3's (for wipeout) and thats it.

But I DID change the hard drive to a larger one, however it turned out to be faulty and so then i changed back to the original which I'm on now.

Do you know anything about getting the PSN ID reset though? I'm curious as to what this fixes. I read on another thread that it was a problem acknowledged by the wipeout Dev team and they put a fix out back in January but it failed to work for everyone.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

OK .

I know what the problem is now.

When you remove/replace a HD in a PS3 ,the new drive is [coded] as the "Officially Drive",all good.

Problem exists if you try to swap back the "OLD DRIVE".

The PS3 OS will think it is under attack by malicious software that is an older version than the one that was in the drive you are trying to re replace.

Basically you can't put the OLD drive back ,to put it simply.

The PS3 will no longer recognize it.

When the new drive was put in,it was reformatted as the new master drive.

People have reported this problem when having to send their PS3's back to SONY for repair.
    SONY have asked that the original HD be put back prior to sending it to them,and that any new drive be removed.
    When it comes back to the customer,the old driver works,but when you go to put the drive you had in it prior to sending it of back in will not be recognized or be able to be read

PSN ID
    njd82

OK, so to clarify, you believe that if i back up everything and reformat the drive It should fix the prob? Ok. I won't be able to try this till Monday but I'll be sure to keep you posted.

My psn ID is njd82

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The drive you had [ not original/replacement/larger] is basically useless.

You will not be able to get any info to be read from it.

If as I understand your PS3 went in for repair [with the original HD ,as would have been requested by SONY].

Then logically, the original drive [that went back with the PS3 for repair] never had the game data that the larger one,[that you were asked to remove & replace with the original] had on it.

So you haven't actually lost data [according to the original drive that is now installed],you just don't have access to the EXTRA data the larger replacement drive had on it.

You never will be able to replace that