Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fury campaign

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

i dont know why ppl are making a fuss about detonator mode...its the easiest out of the new modes.....the amphiseum score in first place AND second place is actually mine...i did the better score at my GFs house so its her name

completed fury campaign and got my shiny new silver ship..i am happy now

now i can play speed lap to get my speed up with my new shiny ship

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    All done, every cell completed with Elite Gold

Now, lots of Speed Laps on the new tracks and then online
    That's exactly what I intend to do! Only 3 Grids to complete now, first 5 has elite golds in all cells.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Seems that there are equal startegies w/ Fury. Yesterday I completed the campaign with all Gold on Elite (except Detonator ... these are mostly easy Gold ) and got (offline) bored and went for the trophy hunt. I have to admit that this was near cheating and quite easy. Now I aim for the new tracks so I won't get kicked a*s online again.

btw, I'm in (maybe Vice-President) for a Fury Detonator Loser Social Network

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    guggle

I'm up to VOLTAGE but I'm mixing it up a bit. I've got Elite on some of the events, Skilled on others and Novice on the hard ones like Detonator - can't get a grip on that one just yet. Still in training though....

Michael.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    RaiderHutch

I'm impressed by some of the folks who have already blown through the campaign on elite!

I'm taking my time and doing everything on skilled (elite is way too tough for me), once I get more familiar with some of the tracks though I'm sure I'll try to tackle the races on elite difficulty. My biggest struggle right now seems to be the Zone Battles, that event can be tough especially when I'm following too close and plow into a barrier!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

I got my final Elite Gold today for the Fury Campaign. It wasn't as hard as I initially thought it was going to be. I've gotten every single trophy apart from the Zone Zeus one, but I'm only 5 zones away now I've also gotten all the badges and 100 000 loyalty points for all the ships apart from 1 team. So I guess that all I have left then I wonder what's next. Oh.... I know, reaching rank 100 for online play

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Artieficial

Wow - the only ship I've gotten 100k on is Feisar; the others aren't even close.

I'm going through the Fury campaign on Novice, by the way, but I already feel bad about it. I've cleared every race on the first go. I'm taking it too easy. I'll probably switch to Elite later today.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

This is why you should play Detonator. A few games got me Feisar maxed out, and Qirex is very close to it as well, after just about a dozen games (It started from only a few 1000 loyalty points.) I don't think there's anything faster to increase your loyalty score, even reaching Zone 100 wouldn't be faster.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

eliminator also racks up points like crazy.
    EDIT: in my case it IS faster, simply because i still suck at detonator.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

pfff i was on 100k with all teams before fury

Elite gold in all cells except EVERY detonator event (besides a gold on tech de ra )

I intend to rectify this soon

PSN ID
    Jimsin

Just to chip in about my own campaign progress.

Races, Time Trials, Speedlaps, Zone - all getting elite golds with no problems so far.

Zone Battle - I was hopeless at this untill I started reading about it on the forum, but now I seem to be getting elite golds fairly easily.

Detonator - Aaaargh!!!! Even after reading the very detailed thread about it, I can't even get an elite bronze - seems impossible to be getting these massive combos when you can only shoot in the direction you are flying, and you have to keep it on the track.

Eliminator - Starting to get really annoyed with this mode - sometimes I'll have 75 points in about twenty seconds, other times I'll be on about 6 and I see that one of the AI is sitting on about 150! Whole thing just seems to be completely random. Is there a thread for advice about playing eliminator, because I can't see one - only useful thing I have learned so far is that if you miss a weapon pickup, it's easy to use L1 to stop immediately and go back over it.

In short, the racing is great fun and everything I had hoped for - but the shooting modes are quickly turning my brain to jelly - maybe you have to be a shooting kind of person to do well at them?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

I'm progressing through the campaign in the same manner as you, except for Eliminator, which I kick ass at (offline anyway lol) and find exceedingly easy. I'm completely flumoxed by Detonator...and yes, I've read everything posted by DD777 (and others) on the subject. I've only been able to get an elite gold in Detonator in the first grid...the rest I couldn't even get an Elite bronze.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Quote Originally Posted by jimsin View Post
    Is there a thread for advice about playing eliminator, because I can't see one - only useful thing I have learned so far is that if you miss a weapon pickup, it's easy to use L1 to stop immediately and go back over it.
    None that tackles that topic specifically, but there is a general eliminator mode thread somewhere out there.

Regarding advice, hmm... Eliminator events are by far the easiest ones to win for me, after Speed laps, so I guess I'll share some of the things I came up with to score higher/faster:

- Your position in the fray is crucial to scoring high. Obviously you're not going to get many points if you're half a lap behind the pack, since you won't actually see ships at all, but the point potential is much higher for someone on first or second place than on the last, for example. The reason is quite simple: if you're up front, you won't have to worry about ship damage too much, and you can just flip your ship and blast away at the followers with most weapons you get. Keep in mind that a quake fired by the player in 8th spot might not even reach the first few players at all if the difference is big, especially since the ships are moving the same direction as the blast wave. However, if you're firing a quake backwards from first spot, the ships are actually running to meet it, and all of them will be hit.
    - Learning how and when to use plasma makes all the difference, since it's an almost(?) guaranteed instant kill, which gives the biggest point boost in Eliminator. Not much to talk about when aiming it at someone in front of you, nothing new there. But when aiming it backward, I think the most common mistake that people make judging from the videos is that they flip their ship first, then charge the plasma. You should always fire the weapon first, then flip the ship a few tenths of a second later. This way the opponents you're trying to shoot will have much less time to react to the purple bolt of doom heading their way and it is also less likely that they will pass you before you can actually fire the plasma. Obviously for best results, always do this flip/shoot maneuver in a straight section, preferably following a corner. That way it's much more predictable where the ships will appear, and furthermore, when coming out of the corner they won't have time to sideshift before they go splat.
    - If you get a rocket and someone is ahead of you but not too close, try to gain as much as you can on him in tough corners before firing the rockets. For best results, you might even sacrifice taking a difficult corner (like the hairpin in Talon's Junction) properly and aim your craft directly at the cornering ship and fire your rockets at point blank range. When shooting ships behind you, the same applies here as with the plasma.
    - I'm getting surprisingly many eliminations with leech beams, but they are quite difficult to fire backwards unless the ship chasing you is a good distance away. So if you're closely dogged by someone, absorbing it to gain a shield is probably better, but if there's someone ahead of you or you have time to turn and lock on your target, go for it by all means. Just remember that any damage will break the beam, so don't come to a complete halt when aiming it or you'll be a sitting duck for any incoming fire.
    - I wouldn't recommend doing what you do and turning to go back for a missed weapon pad unless there's nobody around you. Losing sight of targets to shoot is the worst possible thing in an Eliminator match. Plus, you heal 20% shield if you complete a lap, so you should race forward as much as you can.

I hope this helps!

PSN ID
    Jimsin

Sny - heaps of thanks for the advice on eliminator. I am quick enough to get infront of the pack, but because I've been concentrating on trying to shoot things, I've found myself floating around at the back of it - catching up, then dropping back again - during all this time the AI ships are raking up kills and my score invariably drops to 8th.

The approach you suggest makes so much sense that it's a bit embarassing that I didn't think of it myself - so I'm extremely grateful. Now to go see if I can make it work :S

EDIT: Elite Gold on 2nd attempt of following your advice. Can't thank you enough.
    Last edited by jimsin; 30th July 2009 at 12:30 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

One more Eliminator trick, albeit a cheap one. DON'T let the AI eliminate you.

They get points, and you get a small subtraction in your. If you find yourself low on shields and nowhere near the finishline, it's better just to grind the wall until dead. You respawn, full shields and the Ai doesn't get +20 for eliminating you.

PSN ID
    Jimsin

Thanks for that mic-dk, another helpful tip.

I've been sailing through the eliminator rounds since reading sny's post, so this last point should be the final nail in the AI's coffin so to speak

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tileon

is it me or does campain go like detonator detonator detonator detonator everywhere with ridiculous targets right from the start?
    Last edited by tileon; 30th July 2009 at 10:48 PM.

My grids are like blankets of elite golds ruined by scatterings of completely empty detonator cells

PSN ID
    stever

I'm getting the hang of detonator and am really enjoying it. As stated in the detonator thread fire conservatively, make sure you get the bombs, don't over use EMPS and try to build those chains up.