Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WipEout HD Acid (not) coming

Default WipEout HD Acid (not) coming

The following is both French, and complete and utter nonsense. There's no truth to it at all.

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/5134/wipeoutacid.jpgNous apprenons la venue d'un nouveau contenu téléchargeable qui viendra étailler de nouveau le célèbre jeu de courses WipEout HD de courses anti-gravitationelles. Après WipEout HD Fury, c'est au tour de WipEout HD Acid de se dévoiler et d'annoncer ce qui va être ajouté au jeu. Les écuries Tigron, Van-Über et G-Tech seront bel et bien présentes pour faire passer au complet la flotte de l'opus HD. Du côté des nouveaux circuits, quatre pistes ayant fait le bonheur des joueurs dans les versions passées referont surface dans des versions remixées. Deux nouveaux modes devraient également être de la partie, Détonateur en équipe et un autre mode plus obscur.

Pour résumer le nouveau contenu :
    - Écuries Tigron, Van-Über et G-Tech,
    - Quatre nouveaux circuits ayant marqué l'histoire WipEout en version normale et inversée,
    - Le mode Détonateur en équipe,
    - Un autre nouveau mode non dévoilé pour l'instant,
    - Remixes de certaines musiques des précédents WipEout,
    - Et probablement le même lot de nouveautés apportées par Fury en son temps, comme un nouveau style de menu, des nouvelles apparences de vaisseaux...

Sortie prévue au premier trimestre 2010.
    Last edited by infoxicated; 29th July 2009 at 11:23 AM. Reason: large image removed, disclaimer added

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

What is this? Teamplay... New ships... Translate please...

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

I'm not buying this from someone with a 1 post count.

PSN ID
    krioto

Hmm - seems to suggest the return of the other teams, 4 new modes - 1 yet to be determined, and Detonator team play?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zerojay

I'll translate it for you guys:

We just found out that a new downloadable update will be coming to the celebrated antigravity racing game Wipeout HD. After Wipeout HD Fury, it's Wipeout HD Acid's turn to reveal itself as the next addon for the game. The Tigron, Van-Uber and G-Tech teams will be present to take their turns around the Wipeout HD opus. As for new tracks, four new tracks that have made players quite happy in previous versions will be coming back remixed (I wouldn't take this to mean anything more than the standard HD makeover, by the way). Two new modes will also be a part of the update including Team Detonator and another unknown mode.

To sum up the new content:
    - Tigron, Van-Uber and G-Tech teams
    - Four new tracks from Wipeout's past in both normal and reversed versions.
    - New Team Detonator mode.
    - Another new mode that hasn't been revealed yet.
    - Remixes of music from previous Wipeout games.
    - And probably the same amount of new stuff that Fury brought such as a new menu style, new ship styles, etc...

Release is expected to be first quarter of 2010.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Artieficial

If this is true, then I'll be damned. More Wipeout HD is *always* a good thing, you know. I'll keep buying whatever Studio Liverpool decides to release, as WOHD is my favourite PS3 game by far.

Hey, it may not be true ! I want that to be real. I did not say they were developing it.

PSN ID
    micky1984

hhhhmmmmmm slightly dubious . . . . . . . still show the proof and ill b happy

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Yomismi

Is this real?

I hope it is real

PSN ID
    JamboGT

Hmm why do this to us!

I do not know if it is real. I found it on a french forum.

PSN ID
    micky1984

you bumder lol

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Is this from Wipeout Future forums?

No, a french forum, but the topic has been deleted, I kept a save .

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zerojay

Quote Originally Posted by pascal View Post
    Hey, it may not be true ! I want that to be real. I did not say they were developing it.
    Uh... yes, you *did*. There's nothing in your original message that says that it's a "concept" or idea or wishlist or anything like that. You presented it like it was a news post on a website that was just unsourced.

In fact, I reported the information. If you want, it is not coming out of "my" mouth . I did not make it, I found it. I copy/pasted the whole thread.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Why G-tech ? G-Tech is AG-Systems
    Why Acid ? Fury was for cambodia, what does Acid mean ?

It's a fake for me.
    Last edited by kaori; 28th July 2009 at 04:47 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Artieficial

Fake until proven otherwise, eh?

PSN ID
    Amorbis

Based only on the new logo I think it's a hoax, why would Studio Liverpool reuse the old Wip3out font? I'm not saying that they won't ever but it seems unlikely. Also the logo looks badly shopped with the outer and inner glows plus again the font. One of the Studio Liverpool staff said that making these packs is incredibly time consuming to it perfect so I doubt it would be coming out early next year, if anything it would be late Spring/early Summer.

It won't be long before Colin, Paul or another Studio Liverpool'r comes along and debunks it. I'd love it to be real but we've just got Fury so I'm happy for now, I won't be needing anything else for another year or so .

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Yeah, I'm thinking false too. Based solely on the look of that logo. It looks incredibly photoshopped and I dare say I don't think SL would go from the clean futuristic font of Wipeout HD and Fury into a font like is used in that picture. It doesn't look that nice together and a big part of Wipeout is that it looks so smooth and clean.