Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HD FURY : What do you think of the Menus Background Music

PSN ID
    superpj1

Default HD FURY : What do you think of the Menus Background Music

Hi y'all

What do you think of the menus background music in Wipeout Fury ?

Personnaly I have switched to the old style menus (HD).

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Its So cool. Its 100% better then the old menu

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

yes...the fury menu and animation system is far superior to the HD one... i like them both but the fury interface REALLY reflects what its all about.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Prefer the Fury setup over the HD setup by a large margin...super cool.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Shindubhe

i really like it ,its very fitting

Timezone
    GMT -8

The menu's colors and backgrounds are amazing.

I really liked the new music when I first heard it, I don't know if I'll get sick of it or not though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Fury's menu is top-notch.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Fury, easily. It's great.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

I think the Fury theme fits perfectly, it's dark and sinister The music from the old menu had me so fed up towards the end that I usually put my tv on "mute" while I was looking for races to join. I still think a custom menu music option would be very nice in the future Or the ability to turn it off

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

I like the Fury layout as well, and it's just generally nice to see something new.

Only, my TV doesn't like the Fury menu. Because of the wide, black borders it thinks it's recieveing a 4:3 image and after 20 seconds activates the screen protection. So I get nice, grey curtains on both sides that only go away once the race starts

PSN ID
    Crobweb

Thats very interesting mic-dk - can you tell me more about your setup (composite/hdmi? make/model?)

Cheers

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

It is a Pioneer 5090 connected to the PS via HDMI. The TV is set to automagically detect the incoming signal and in case of a 4:3 signal activate the side-protection to prevent uneven wear.

As far as I can tell the menu is sized so it will fit inside a 4:3 picture. The loading screen is slightly wider, but it isn't enough for the TV to detect. As soon as I get inside the race, the screen detects it correctly and the whole picture is shown.

It isn't a major problem though. I can force the TV to show a 16:9 picture, whatever the input, and with a programmable remote it's really just adding an extra command to the "Play Playstation" button

PSN ID
    GTP_Mars

I love the Fury menus, and I like the background music too, but I really like the fact that you can revert to the HD-style menu too.

Quote Originally Posted by mic-dk View Post
    It is a Pioneer 5090 connected to the PS via HDMI. The TV is set to automagically detect the incoming signal and in case of a 4:3 signal activate the side-protection to prevent uneven wear.

As far as I can tell the menu is sized so it will fit inside a 4:3 picture. The loading screen is slightly wider, but it isn't enough for the TV to detect. As soon as I get inside the race, the screen detects it correctly and the whole picture is shown.

It isn't a major problem though. I can force the TV to show a 16:9 picture, whatever the input, and with a programmable remote it's really just adding an extra command to the "Play Playstation" button

That sounds odd - many HDTVs when connected to something via HDMI which is pumping out an HD res (like 720p. 1080i or 1080p) will force 16:9 aspect and won't let you alter it (my Hitachi certainly does) - sounds like yours is one of the few that allows control...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

Quote Originally Posted by Touring Mars View Post
    I love the Fury menus, and I like the background music too, but I really like the fact that you can revert to the HD-style menu too.
    That´s what i think, too

PSN ID
    Axellink

The menu is perfect, very nice backgrounds and the music is so addictive!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

i like the new menu a lot better...has a prodigy vibe to it...darker WipEout...very very cool...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Hull View Post
    That sounds odd - many HDTVs when connected to something via HDMI which is pumping out an HD res (like 720p. 1080i or 1080p) will force 16:9 aspect and won't let you alter it (my Hitachi certainly does) - sounds like yours is one of the few that allows control...
    Oh, it's showing a 1080p picture in 16:9 as such, but since there's only colour/movement within the 4:3 frame it activates the screenprotection. It may be caused by a bit over-agressive screenprotection, but I can only turn it on or off.

It was blanket turned it on, since about half the TV channels I watch still broadcast in 4:3. Now, when I switch to the PS, it is forced in 16:9 (programmable remotes FTW!)

PSN ID
    JamboGT

I love the new menus and sounds, loved the old one too.

I think the new one is more reminiscent of an aggressive sport as WipEout undoubtedly is.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Menu theme and graphics are killer, but that music is gonna give me the shiits in about a week i reckon,

Back to the Blue and White HD theme now,

BTW thanks for editing the text appearance, i can actually see the friggin track that i want to choose to play now on an SD screen.