Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HD 2.0/Fury Update - framerate drop

Default HD 2.0/Fury Update - framerate drop

Hey all,

Anyone experienced this - playing offline, it seems as though there is too much going on for the hardware to handle, and there's a noticeable framerate drop/stagger. It picks up again afterwards, but it is a little off putting.

It's happened on two tracks - Moa Therma - Phantom (in a tourney) and one of the new ones on Eliminator - the one of two that's available on starting the Fury campaign content. Happened two or three times in the eliminator race. Haven't played any more than that at present.

The only reason I noticed it all is the superb job done previously to keep the framerate solid.
    Last edited by Norfolk'n'Clue; 23rd July 2009 at 11:37 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

Wouldn't that be nuts, if they actually made a game "too" good, that the frames just can't register it all and ends up making it look bad. Now that's what I call metal.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I've noticed when doing Time Trial that there is a kind of stutter/micro-freeze sometimes. It doesn't seem to slow you down but can cause a reaction that takes you off your line, which is a bit annoying when you're looking for tenths or even hundredths of a second. It's not too frequent and I don't see it as a massive issue so far, although it would be very annoying if it happened on a potential personal best time. Most of all, I'm intrigued to know what's causing it. Seems odd.

PSN ID
    Nunalho

I felt some too, shame because it was butter smooth before (except for the last turn of metropia).

I agree, the last turn in Metropia was the only place where it annoyed me before. I was playing Ubermall Phantom and a couple of Zone games yesterday and the frames were dropping all over the place

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

I had some stuff to do, but I decided to play a "little" Fury. And that's exactly what I got. I did the first campaign event in an eliminator game. I did two 180' turns right after the other and my game froze

Timezone
    GMT -5

Slowdown is really obvious for me around the start/finish line in "The Amphiseum" Zone Battle.

PSN ID
    flashbax1

Thank god its not just me, I thought my bravia was about to chuck the towel in lol

I've noticed it too - only had time to play through the first two events of the first round you're given in the single-player campaign, but have seen problems in both.

Noticed some REALLY MAJOR slowdown and stutter on the eliminator round - the framerate dropped to what looked like well below 20fps at times - very poor.

Also seen screen tearing cropping up as well - noticed it on both events

Love the new menus/tracks/music/ships/modes etc. but this is really a major bug IMO. One of WOHD's strongest features is that it's almost always been fast and smooth at 60fps - just not seeing that consistently at all at the minute unfortunately with the new update...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

This update is the best yet,

The game actually feels like it was when i originally purchased the game last year, plus better now, everything is super responsive and quick now, just the way any wipeout should be.

Ive noticed quakes are heaps faster now, so is weapon response,

Im yet to try on online yet, im praying that there are no Vista pads in online eliminator mode.

Slowdown/screen tear was really noticeable in split-screen 2-player on Talon's Junction, and in general on zone tracks for me.

As Norfolk says it's jarring to see any sort of slowdown in a game which has hitherto been silky-smooth...

Is it just me or is there screen-tearing on the SL logo screen now??

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    Im yet to try on online yet, im praying that there are no Vista pads in online eliminator mode.

Vista pads on eliminator,
    you made me laugh!!

in fact, On Eliminator, it's cambodia on the first weapon pad!
    and framerate is not good with 2 quakes, rockets explosions and elimination on the screen...

but i haven't seen slowdown in ither situation...

PSN ID
    Axellink

Paul did state in another thread that they have realised the problem and looking to roll out a patch soon to resolve the issue.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    jan709

weird, i havent noticed any of these issues , maybe my ps3 is so awesome it can handle what others cant. Or im blind

Not noticed any real improvement to framerate drops and stutters with the 2.01 patch

Any single-player eliminator race still shows a LOT of framerate drops - sometimes to what looks like well below 30fps. Zone Battle is also badly affected.

The only modes I don't see heavy framerate drops are normal Zone, Detonator and some races - some of the new tracks seem to have framerate issues on virtually any event...

Stutters however (different to framerate slowdown - where it just randomly skips forward or pauses for a split-second) AND screen tearing are still present in all event modes for me, too.

Screen tearing has now been fixed on the SL intro screen, though where I was seeing it before also...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by Spece2goin View Post
    Vista pads on eliminator,
    you made me laugh!!

in fact, On Eliminator, it's cambodia on the first weapon pad!
    and framerate is not good with 2 quakes, rockets explosions and elimination on the screen...

but i haven't seen slowdown in ither situation...
    Kyoto was being a cheeky shiit. I went on online eliminator mode just a lil earlier, no Vista Pads to report Here;
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6551

Its Cambodia, plus Laos, Burma and Vietnam, yes. But its a fun mode.

PSN ID
    anderkovver

with the patch 2.01 the froze is gone in the menu thanks again SL and the framedrops are gone for people who have problems clean up your ps3 maybe it will help ...put effectscreen to off and no music effect will improve the play also

framedrops no gone with last patch for me...I have a perfect framerate only in time attack mode. Screen tearing visible especially on the fury's track but when I see the quantity of details on Modesto or Talons junction, it's not surprising ...no secret
    and modify the sound effects have no incidence on the graphic treatments obviously
    Last edited by loxy; 26th July 2009 at 07:34 AM.

PSN ID
    Nunalho

I dont understand how some of you have fr problems and i dont

On the other hand i have constant sound effects problems in fury tracks that really get annoying ( feels that i am constantly inside a tunnel).

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

The sound effects seem like a general problem, I get that too.