Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Detonator mode

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

I beat your score but all of my attempts have plenty of room for improvement. I wish the record table would update a bit faster

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

What scores did you get? Right now my Syncopia one is the only "valid" one, the others all need updating, some by a very large amount.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Don't know off the top of my head, but even after it updates I will still be chasing you most likely.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Well, I think I finally found the key to Detonator lol. Finished the campaign getting all elite golds except in detonator. Sat down today and tried the detonator event in the second grid (was able to get the elite gold in the first grid), which was on Talons Junction. The target was 320,000. My first attempt fell short of my best of 250,000. My second attempt was 251,000. Then it all just clicked and I scored 520,000 or so on my 3rd attempt, which, according to the global rankings, was good for 11th in the world. I know there have been problems with the rankings, so I doubt that's accurate though. Anyway, I'm just excited to have figured it out and hopefully now I can blow through the rest of them on elite, so I can stop looking at those plain old novice golds lol.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Well DD777, I've got Pro Tozo and Mallavol records back, you have C12 and sync although sync you only have by 5k. We should setup a weekly challenge where we pick a track and go at it

Also, grats L&P

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Playing this all day have you? xD
    Finally getting a run for my money, I'll see what I can do...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

I can't match ppl on the record tables for TT, SL, Zone, so I gotta find my niche . I need a new soundtrack though, I'm starting to go insane from hearing the new music over and over and over again >.<

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

That challenge idea sounds pretty neat, I want to try it out once I'm done with my tutorial (So more people can join in hopefully).

Just got 921k on Pro Tozo, but enough with the dumbtarded bomb placement already

Tomorrow I'll try again, now I'm making that Modesto Heights video I said I was making.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Well, I beat ya again

But I am certain you can beat me again. Hopefully we reach 1,000,000 points on Pro-Tozo soon

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

*Crys* Serious?
    idk how much I can improve on my current scores.
    *grumbles as he loads up his PS3*

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

What's the best way to tackle Corridon12? I've managed to get elite silver after a bunch of attempts at the gold. Scored 170K, but I need 175K for gold. I'm close, obviously, so I know I can do it. Just looking for some tips that might make it easier. (and yah, I try to use my EMP just before the branch so it goes down both sides, which is how I increased my score to 170K) Thanks for any help!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

I never use the emp, and alternate sides ever lap. That said I can't quite catch DD777's score by about 10k-15k. 270k something is my best but I don't like the map so I never really put the effort like pro, mellv, or sync
    I was distracted so I never got a chance to beat it DD777, stupid internet has been cutting out all day.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Detonator Tutorial
    In English and French, as promised. Tell me if you have any troubles reading/opening it.
    Any mistakes/grammar/spelling corrections appreciated.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Great guide DD777, sums up det very nicely.
    Only thing I would add are some small bits, the red bits are just personal statement.

The Bomb,
    The bomb will change colours from lap to lap, and generally is a different colour from the current "fresh" set of mines to contrast and make it an easier to see target. However there are a few stages (particularly stage 14) where the bomb is similarly coloured, making it easier to miss. It is also place near or behind a cluster of mines, so make sure to fire enough shots to take out the mines and fulfill the two shot requirement for the bomb or you risk passing it.

Bomb Warning,
    You are warned of an upcoming bomb through two methods. The first is a verbal Q where the announcer will call out "Bomb Ahead", the second is a small picture on your HUD below your energy meter. The picture will look identical to the one you see in normal races, warning you of of incoming weapons (Sorry, don't have a picture). It will flash either left, centre, or right depending on the bombs location on the track. While you will always get the visual Q, the verbal Q far less reliable. Such cases where the verbal Q is missed are when the bomb spawn very quickly after you start into a new lap, after getting a 5/10/15 chain bonus and come up to the bomb shortly after, and finally sometimes the game fail to call it out although this is a rare case. Thus you should not become completely reliant on the verbal Q if you find you are just shy on points to make the medals or are going for record point runs.

Reload Strategies,
    These are on a track to track basis and largely different. However, I would add that the reload strategy should work from stages 1-12. This is assuming you deal with the increased speed as you progress, but you should be able to reload in the same area on a track each lap. After 12, the mines become so heavy that you will more likely then not end up reloading after firing a a full clip rather then reloading manually.

Ship Cannon,
    When you fire the ships cannon, you are firing one shot of your magazine. However, this one shot is made up of two projectiles. This becomes troublesome when shooting at two mines which are grouped close together, as sometimes the two parts of your shot will be spent killing only one of the two mines, or sometimes end up taking out both mines. One can just simply fire a second cannon shot to deal with the left over mine, but if you are aiming for accuracy and the first shot got both mines, the second will count as a miss and mess up your chain. This means you have to pay attention in the 1-5 stage of Darkdrium777's guide closely because the 10/15 chains are well worth the effort.
    I know you mentioned this in your guide but I felt it didn't stand out as much as it should DD777, and it can make the biggest different in the accuracy stage

"It appears, from playing this mode long enough, that using the EMP or the Bomb to destroy mines also uses the chaining system described above for the score reward, though I am still uncertain of that. "

I would agree with the bomb part of that. I found that shooting a bomb and having it take out nearby mines can net you a chain bonus if you had been accurate enough before shooting the bomb. I don't find this EMP although I don't use the EMP often (since I have to match your scores ) so this may still be true.

I would like to try and do a track by track guide for people, since AP and C12 are especially troublesome to get good scores on. Would you be up for it?
    Last edited by RedScar; 6th August 2009 at 05:29 AM. Reason: spelling and additions

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Great guide DARK , worth the wait. +1

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Yes thanks Darkdrium777, this is very helpful indeed. I have one more Elite Gold to achieve on the Fury campaign - and it's the Tech de Ra Detonator on Aftermath. It's been sooo difficult to get compared to the others! But according to your guide I've been using the EMP too frequently and in the wrong places, so hopefully I should be ok now.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Quote Originally Posted by LOUDandPROUD View Post
    What's the best way to tackle Corridon12? I've managed to get elite silver after a bunch of attempts at the gold. Scored 170K, but I need 175K for gold. I'm close, obviously, so I know I can do it. Just looking for some tips that might make it easier. (and yah, I try to use my EMP just before the branch so it goes down both sides, which is how I increased my score to 170K) Thanks for any help!
    At the split go left, right, left, right, left... repeat till end.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Thanks, that's actually what I've been doing. Guess I just need to be a bit more accurate with my shots. I'll have that gold today though.

PSN ID
    Jimsin

Wow Darkdrium777! That's a wonderful tutorial - you never cease to amaze me!

I'll keep trying to implement your strategies - although I fear that even knowing what I'm supposed to be doing won't be enough to get me elite medals in this mode

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

I still can't figure out C12, but I barely squeaked the record in. So far it seems like a higher focus on accuracy to try and get constant 10/15 chains and pure luck and picking the side where the bombs spawn.

Got the other 3 records also DD777 , Sync run was awesome, I was in the GROOVE!