Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Detonator mode

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

Default Detonator mode

New mode, New thread!

i've always been good in detroying mines with canon, and Detonator mode is nothing more than that, with incredible Zone tracks, lights, colours...

i really like this mode, i took a lot in the eyes.

For the most i understood, each stage (lap) you gain shield.

You got to reload your gun if you want (absorb) but if it's empty, stop firing will reload it, if you dont stop, you can't fire, and you take mines in the face.

Speed pads are replaced by other pads,
    passing over 4 of them will load the EMW, use it by pressing L1, but it's not effective until you load it more by passing over more pads
    the more you load, the further the wave will be sent.

I suppose that chains are the number of consecutve hits with your gun
    full chain (15) will give you bonus points and a bronze trophy.
    5, and 10 gives also points.

Bombs are beautifull, and all mines are beating on the music!!

Good job to the Detonator devs!!!
    Last edited by Spece2goin; 23rd July 2009 at 04:16 PM.

PSN ID
    RozPT

Indeed! It's really fun! But Zone battle is hard! Can't beat the Elites in the first grid!

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    Indeed! It's really fun! But Zone battle is hard! Can't beat the Elites in the first grid!
    It just takes some getting used to. Try firing a one or two zone boost as near to the start as you can to get out in front and then try to stay there. Pay a LOT of attention to the barrier warnings.

Paul.

PSN ID
    RozPT

Indeed. I'm quite good at dodging the barriers, but the AI is relentless. I usually try to get the 1st three pads and then boost but sometimes the AI goes all the way to zone 5 while I strugle to even get to 3 with the acumulated boosts. And sometimes when I get to zone 8, the AI is already at 17~19.

Tell me, does the energy of the ship matter when boosting? That would explain alot since I usually ram into the ships since I need to get the pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    Tell me, does the energy of the ship matter when boosting? That would explain alot since I usually ram into the ships since I need to get the pad.
    Don't really know what you mean. Boosting is independent of your energy. Unless you absorb that is.

Paul.

PSN ID
    RozPT

You're right, energy doesn't count apparently.

Well I guess it just takes practice, I just won by a large margin. Perfect zones are a must, they give a lot of boost bar. That explains it since I was huggin the walls quite a few times. This gives the mode quite a bit of strategy really, very nice. We need to accumulate boost bar but not that much since we begin losing speed in comparison with other short boosters. So it all comes down with the boost bar control and strategy, skill in piloting (perfect zones and laps) and skill in dodging the barriers and putting them in right places, like after a double or triple speed pad.

Congratulations, this mode is very, very interesting.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Please release this here already :'( I watched a video someone put up of Detonator, it's awesome. Zone Battle is awesome. Eliminator is awesome. (They also were in that video)

But damn if I've got to wait till 5PM, it's only near 1PM. :/

PSN ID
    stever

We're getting slightly off topic for the title of the thread but my biggest tip after having managed the first zone battle on elite is to hold of boosting (after maybe doing a couple of early ones to get some clear track) as the boozt gauge builds more per pad if you have more stored up.

PSN ID
    RozPT

Oh by the way, that instant 180º turn button in eliminator is a game changer. For the best I mean. It's soooooooooooo much more fun now. And really, it's stylish as hell turning around at full speed, deliver some rocket goods and turn around again. It's that fun.

- edit

Oh man, just did Talon's Junction Detonator event (2nd grid). The 1st grid event was easy but this one started to show that Detonator can be very, very evil. Firstly, the mines in the loop are dangerous cause we can't see them. I usually let a few bursts off and then save a few if the thing is swarmed after the loop. Also, the track is kinda narrow so it really becomes dangerous in later zones. Only managed 11/14 but got the gold medal. Haha, will love Sebenco and Chenghou detonator!
    Last edited by Roz; 23rd July 2009 at 05:27 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    djluring

Anyone else experience that the Shield stat in the HUD of Detonator is off screen except for in internal view?

Tried tinkering with the screen and display settings as well as HUD effects but nothing seems to fix it. But it'd be nice if someone else can confirm the issue before bug posting.

PSN ID
    Nunalho

I really like this mode, but unfortunately i suck at it...i rarely get pass level 10

Let alone getting the points for gold in medium/elite.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I've had Caroline Bernstein not call the bomb's location twice, but other than that it's fast becoming my favourite mode.
    It seems I've got competition, as some Japanese (I think they are) players are scoring high.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

i have a few top 10 detonator spots right now....just got my "da Bomb" trophy as well as sharpshooter ...2 down 1 to go...you got some comp. here too xavier.

I LOVE DETONATOR

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Yeah Detonator rocks!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

Oh man, detonator is hard on elite. I've done most of the Fury grids but I still lack some of the Detonator ones

PSN ID
    RobCoxy

Detonator is awesome!!

I have a few top 5 spots and a wr last time i looked .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Drugs, you have to much free time

I spent 30 minutes yesterday trying to beat the elite AI on Talons Junction. On Venom... But Detonator is a lot fun, alltough I'm crap at it.

Oh man, this is gonna be an uphill battle...

PSN ID
    Casshern1981

Best mode evaaarrrrrrr....

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

My current top scores:
    Sebenco Climb Reverse: 538825, stage 14, 63,3%
    Talons Junction Reverse: 623925, stage 14, 72,5%
    Modesto Heights Reverse: 543575, stage 14, 65,2%
    Syncopia: 729650, stage 14, 67,3%

These are my world records for the moment, I have a few top 10 as well that can definitely be improved.
    Also that cease fire trophy is very easy.

I am still progressing and learning how Detonator works. 'Fraid I wouldn't be able to teach though for the moment, it's all instinctive work atm.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 24th July 2009 at 09:01 AM.

Detonator is brilliant and beautiful. I don`t think anyone expected SL to come up with something like this, it`s so clever. I think it`s going to be great training to play this as you have to learn to do a lot of things at once, but it is also a whole new game within the game. There is something for everyone in HD now and it must be the best value game on the PSN.