Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Detonator mode

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Haven't done anything either. If you were first, you still are.
    I got the Steam 10 games for 30$ pack, and I've been playing that ever since. Currently playing Darwinia, mixed with some Audiosurf.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

BREAKING:

You guys were wondering earlier if 1 million points was ever possible. Guess what: it is. AND YOU CAN DO BETTER!! At least I can, but with practise you will too!!

1 013 500, 14/14; 77.6%; 56 5-Chain; 8 10-Chain; 1 15-Chain on Pro Tozo.

The gates are opened, you can come in now!

Manual reload = VERY important. VERY.

EDIT:
    How ironic, the game won't upload it to the leaderboard 'cause it's identified as "PLAYER." Get rid of this SL, please.
    Photographic evidence.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 21st August 2009 at 07:41 AM.

PSN ID
    RobCoxy

Wow! Awesome mate, well done!

Just like to point out though that i think the leader on both Vineta K (FWD and REV i think) detonator boards passed the 1,000,000 barrier a little while ago. Might be worth checking this though . Still, well done!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

I saw that last night DD777, insane score. Now I just have to figure out how to break the 1mil mark to beat you . I've been neglecting my PS3 lately, time to show it some love.

Edit:
    Well after lots and lots of attempts (from 25k to 100k loyalty with feisar) I only managed 1 run that came close, although still shy of yours by 5k (I missed a bomb on the run also, so I WAS PISSED). I can't figure out how u destroyed 77% of the mines, my limit is like 67% with almost constant shooting from stage 8-14 and no EMP. Do you toss an emp during your run or not?
    Last edited by RedScar; 28th August 2009 at 05:05 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Double Post! Come one ppl, play this dam mode already.

YA, I managed to beat your score finally on Pro Tozo DD777, and I missed 2 bombs to boot so I was thrilled at my score.
    71.0% of mines
    12/14 Bombs
    69 5 Chains
    14 10 Chains
    2 15 Chains
    No EMP used
    don't have a picture because I don't have a camera but I can say the score is legit (give the tables a few hours to update). I also took back the VKf record beating 1mil with a pretty meh run.
    Last edited by RedScar; 28th August 2009 at 05:07 AM.

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Nice one tehredscar , show that dd777 whos boss
    Last edited by XBARNSTERX; 28th August 2009 at 05:35 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

lol well since me and him are about the only 2 who actually go for record scores its a heated rivalry to say the least. Its 1.02mil something didn't copy down the exact score.

Gotta be good at something, since you blew paste me earlier on that race barn
    Last edited by RedScar; 28th August 2009 at 06:45 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Eh, gonna be hard for me now since school starts Monday for good. And I'm more into other games right now.
    Too bad that people don't seem interested by the new modes as much (Detonator and Zone Battle), they're probably the most new things since Barrel Rolls back in PurE. With all the people wanting novelty, you'd think it would be more popular, but unfortunately no. It's a shame really, even with the guide and all it just doesn't catch on. Oh well.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Even though I haven't read it yet, I'm very grateful for your guide Darkdrium! And even though I can read English, the French version is most welcome, with all this vocabulary...
    I'm going through the Fury campaign but I set every Detonator event to easy because I'm no good at it even though I like this mode. When I complete everything I'll try again in hard mode, and your guide will come in very handy I'm sure. So thanks!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Well I can maybe obtain a camera (battery is dead and I'm not sure which voltage it is) to maybe take some videos of some runs to show those who don't know a way of scoring. Can't say they will be as good as quality as DD777's but worth a shot, although idk how much good it will do considering that DD777 has already done 2 det videos.

PSN ID
    Jguesty94

It seems my score for Modesto Heights finally updated. If the rankings website is right, I'm 1st with 613750, but I'm sure you 2 will beat it when you get round to doing the track

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

If I even do MH, I hate it with a passion that rivals my hate for the CP hard left turn.

PSN ID
    Jguesty94

I guess it could stand for a little while longer then

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Now you just make me wanna turn my PS3 on and race it

PSN ID
    Jguesty94

lol, go for it, might give me a target to aim for

I haven't done anything on WOHD for a long time, been playing Killzone 2 again, quite a few clan matches have been going on. It'd give me a reason to get back on it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Well I retook the APf and MTf records tonight, not my best score so lots of room for improvement.

PSN ID
    RobCoxy

It seems like the competition is increasing a little then...?

I have still yet to find the time to have a proper go at some of the scores in this mode .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

yeah!!
    got elite gold on tech de ra reverse, which close my campaign with a top 5 record!

thanks to darkdrium for his awesome tutorial!

PSN ID
    Jguesty94

We have a new World Record for Modesto Heights Fwd - 660,775 points, 64.3% mines cleared, 14/14 bombs.

If I can hit more mines and be able to stay getting 15 chains for longer without getting on energy critical early, I'll definitely get more.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, do any of you guys use sideshift in Detonator? I tend not to because I don't react fast enough to dodge mines that I'm about to go into.
    Last edited by Jguesty94; 1st September 2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Adding to post

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Maybe 1 or 2 SS, but generally I am to focused on shooting to react fast enough. That and it significantly changes your line so I avoid it.

Grats on the WRs Guesty