Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

Default Detonator mode

New mode, New thread!

i've always been good in detroying mines with canon, and Detonator mode is nothing more than that, with incredible Zone tracks, lights, colours...

i really like this mode, i took a lot in the eyes.

For the most i understood, each stage (lap) you gain shield.

You got to reload your gun if you want (absorb) but if it's empty, stop firing will reload it, if you dont stop, you can't fire, and you take mines in the face.

Speed pads are replaced by other pads,
    passing over 4 of them will load the EMW, use it by pressing L1, but it's not effective until you load it more by passing over more pads
    the more you load, the further the wave will be sent.

I suppose that chains are the number of consecutve hits with your gun
    full chain (15) will give you bonus points and a bronze trophy.
    5, and 10 gives also points.

Bombs are beautifull, and all mines are beating on the music!!

Good job to the Detonator devs!!!
    Last edited by Spece2goin; 23rd July 2009 at 04:16 PM.

PSN ID
    RozPT

Indeed! It's really fun! But Zone battle is hard! Can't beat the Elites in the first grid!

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    Indeed! It's really fun! But Zone battle is hard! Can't beat the Elites in the first grid!
    It just takes some getting used to. Try firing a one or two zone boost as near to the start as you can to get out in front and then try to stay there. Pay a LOT of attention to the barrier warnings.

Paul.

PSN ID
    RozPT

Indeed. I'm quite good at dodging the barriers, but the AI is relentless. I usually try to get the 1st three pads and then boost but sometimes the AI goes all the way to zone 5 while I strugle to even get to 3 with the acumulated boosts. And sometimes when I get to zone 8, the AI is already at 17~19.

Tell me, does the energy of the ship matter when boosting? That would explain alot since I usually ram into the ships since I need to get the pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    Tell me, does the energy of the ship matter when boosting? That would explain alot since I usually ram into the ships since I need to get the pad.
    Don't really know what you mean. Boosting is independent of your energy. Unless you absorb that is.

Paul.

PSN ID
    RozPT

You're right, energy doesn't count apparently.

Well I guess it just takes practice, I just won by a large margin. Perfect zones are a must, they give a lot of boost bar. That explains it since I was huggin the walls quite a few times. This gives the mode quite a bit of strategy really, very nice. We need to accumulate boost bar but not that much since we begin losing speed in comparison with other short boosters. So it all comes down with the boost bar control and strategy, skill in piloting (perfect zones and laps) and skill in dodging the barriers and putting them in right places, like after a double or triple speed pad.

Congratulations, this mode is very, very interesting.