Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Downloading Fury

PSN ID
    kgb1971

It would be nice if the store even let me by the ****ing thing. Waited ages for this then look what happens. ****ing bollocks!!!!!!

Not happy.

EDIT: Finally worked. just 219 minutes to go.

Happy
    Last edited by KGB; 23rd July 2009 at 08:26 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    Alternatively, if people could play all the fury content online without buying the expansion, then it would sell less […]
    Fair point made, Colin!

You're probably right there. Does spectator mode work for the Fury tracks then? Because that could motivate players to buy the expansion. If they can actually see the new tracks ingame, they can get a real impression of the tracks, rather than an "expansion required, go away".
    You guys could mark those races with a big sign saying "watch instead?" to make the tracks jummy for people without the content

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

That would be nice promotion for the expansion and they should definitely implement that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    Fair point made, Colin!

You're probably right there. Does spectator mode work for the Fury tracks then? Because that could motivate players to buy the expansion. If they can actually see the new tracks ingame, they can get a real impression of the tracks, rather than an "expansion required, go away".
    You guys could mark those races with a big sign saying "watch instead?" to make the tracks jummy for people without the content
    Here's how it works;

The ship data is in the update. Therefore you will be able to see the new ships if someone with Fury uses them. You won't, obviously, be able to choose them yourself.

The track data is in the Fury Expansion- which is why it's 700+ meg- those gorgeous tracks sure do take a lot of art to create. If you don't buy Fury you can't play on or see the new tracks or game modes period.

As Col says if you could join a Fury online game without having bought Fury Studio Liverpool would likely make no money and therefore jeopardise future game development, not to mention our jobs. £7.99 is an excellent price for what you get with Fury and everyone who's tried seems to be enjoying it- take the plunge guys.

Paul.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I don't have it yet, but Fury looks like the most robust expansion pack offered on either the PSN or XBL service to date. For the same price of $10 US, I purchased the Mirror's Edge expansion, which is not as much content. I purchased the Prince of Persia expansion, about 3 hours of content, maybe 6 or 7 if you replayed it a few times. Maps for Halo have been 10 for 3.

None of them have added any soundtrack updates.

This expansion is 50% bigger than the initial game, for half the price you paid for the initial game, that's a hell of a value.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

I'll have to agree Paul, you get your money's worth and then some with this xpac. And we certainly don't want to jeopardize the next disc-based Wipeout PS3 title!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Rubix: Titan Pack + Patch 2.0 of UT3 (All FREE) say hello.
    Though not a big share of the game comparatively to the original disc based game, the Titan Pack is still an ass kicker in terms of content available for Free:

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

It definitely is a huge deal and everyone should get it....if it only would be released sometime today!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I tend not to include UT3 in the discussion, simply because UT has always been about free growth to the game in the PC world. Through mods (also available on PS3) and the community development kits. It's just a different kind of beast that is foreign to the online marketplace that Sony and M$ are trying to develop on their respective services.

PSN ID
    Jimsin

Thumbs up

Yes, listen to Paul - I'm gobsmacked at how wonderful the expansion is - Wipeout HD has been by far the best reason to have a PS3 to date, and Fury is just wonderful beyond belief. I'd pay £7.99 just to be able to watch the camera float about the tracks - well worth every penny and more besides!!!!

PSN ID
    RozPT

Played some Zone Battles with ProblemSolver, good races mate. But please change the track next time! I also love Anulpha Pass but there are other tracks!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Tweedle View Post
    As Col says if you could join a Fury online game without having bought Fury Studio Liverpool would likely make no money and therefore jeopardise future game development, not to mention our jobs. £7.99 is an excellent price for what you get with Fury and everyone who's tried seems to be enjoying it- take the plunge guys.
    I didn't want to offend anyone; as Colin already said, you're going the right way and I second that.
    I wasn't exactly sure how the sharing works (with the ships and in general), so I only thought the spectator mode could be used as a good promotion.

Personally, I think the pricing (of HD and Fury) is more than fair, really. I just can't afford the costs of a PS3 so I will most likely not buy HD or Fury any time soon
    But that's not you fault, guys.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Unless that rumored price drop comes about.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Reconfirming, Fury is out in the states. Currently downloading. 22%

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Tweedle View Post
    £7.99 is an excellent price for what you get with Fury and everyone who's tried seems to be enjoying it- take the plunge guys.
    To be honest lads, even if I buy the expansion (which I have) and don't play it and counting that cost, I still think I will have had value for money on just the old content. It's got to work out at less than a tenth of a penny per hour or something soft like that. So yeh, bought anyway just to support UK dev studio. Courtesy of the UK gov't's Job Seeker's Allowance - which is part of the tax you pay anyway, so it's very circular!
    Last edited by Norfolk'n'Clue; 23rd July 2009 at 11:38 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    IxDELTAxI

Im downloading this now its at 18% I can't wait to play the new campaign.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@Roz: thx m8! You, too!
    About the track change; Well, the story is twofold. One cannot switch the
    track (in Zone Battle) once you have chosen one. You have to re-create the
    game. You can't even create a Zone Battle tournament. Eh? However, I
    hosted other tracks as well, but the servers weren't that full, with
    the exception of Vineta K and Anulpha Pass. That's because most ppl are
    very familiar with VK and AP.
    The other part of the story is that lotz of good friends, not only from this
    place here, wanted to see me performing (actually showing them) on AP!
    And that's what I did.

PSN ID
    RobCoxy

One cannot switch the track (in Zone Battle) once you have chosen one. You have to re-create the game. You can't even create a Zone Battle tournament.
    What! That's a little stupid SL lol. Not the end of the world, but still .

Glad to hear you're whooping everyone PS . Only a fool would join a room hosted by you on Anulpha Pass! Which is probably why i would...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@RobCoxy: I got quite a lot of mails during Zone Battle. Never thought that
    my presence was so in need. xD Holy!

EDIT:
    Ah wait! One can change the tracks. Strange, it didn't worked for me
    after a race was finish. But the tournament thing doesn't work with
    Zone Battle.
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 24th July 2009 at 08:31 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Ahh the end of the week is here, heading home to finally download this beast!

There will be no sleep, and plenty of explosions...