Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for upcoming patches

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Default ...

An option to turn rumble off would be great (I couldn't seem to find an option for it on my ps3 menu, wipeout, or online. so im assuming it doesn't exist)

I just laid my dualshock3 to rest. The left trigger (my left airbrake) is a little loose, and thus, when it rumbles it clickityclacks like crazy and throws my whole feel off if I just touch it a little and stop it or if it vibrates against my hovering finger. I just came off an online SOL 2 with it and am now back on my sixaxis.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Hold PS Button > Controller Settings > Vibration Function = OFF

As for another of my suggestion: let's start by adding walls where there appears to be walls.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

If we keep posting the same requests, is it more likely that SL will see them? Or do they read threads like this thoroughly?

Anyway, I'm repeating myself a bit but here goes:

1) Change the ranking system. The whole 'levelling up' thing is alright as a quick gauge of which opponents are regular players, but when you actually go to the 'online rank' list, it's pretty meaningless. Perhaps you could keep this particular 'online rank' in place (so as to not upset those who have worked hard to get to the top) but also introduce an 'Overall Rank' as seen on Connovar's website. This takes into account all of your records in every game mode, not just how much you play/win online, so it's a better gauge of who the really talented players are. And then make it available to view on the official Wipeout website.

2) As has been said many times, the reliability of posting results online needs to be improved.

3) A much smaller issue here: can we have a few more colours on the stat pages? I know it's trying to match the menu colouring, but it's very difficult to differentiate between all these shades of grey. In the 'weapons used' for example. In Wipeout Pulse I remember it was all the colours of the rainbow and it still looked cool, and much easier to read.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Oh and:

4) Eliminator mode should have a fully-customisable weapon selection. For two main reasons: a) quakes sometimes feel like a cheap multi-kill, especially on a full grid, so they could be disabled, and b) it would be an interesting change to use just one or two weapons.

Many deathmatch-style games have custom weapon options (e.g. Unreal Tournament - rockets only! etc), and I think it would work very well in Eliminator too. Cannons-only would be very cool, for instance. Or just mines and bombs!

Interestingly, if you look at the icons in an Eliminator lobby, one of them cycles through the weapons available (1/8, 2/8, etc) in exactly the same way that the track icon cycles through selected tracks in a Tournament lobby. Perhaps this was already considered by SL but left out at the last minute? That weapon icon is fairly redundant at the moment...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Photo resolution: I think it should be possible to save photos in a 1080p format (or approching considering 4/3 or 16/9 aspect ratio). SL has already said that the game was rendered internally at 1080p then downscaled to the chosen resolution. Since a lot of people look a their photos on a PC, I think it might be the best if we can save photos at a higher resolution.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Erm... photos are saved at 1080p already.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

not if you are on a 4:3 CRT screen. Photos are save in the resolution the PS3 is set to, not the one the game is rendered (even internally).

The purpose is not to display them on my TV since I won't se much difference, but when displayed on my computer LCD screen (or maybe when I will buy a new TV) ... SD 4:3 photos aren't even worth seeing.

ramming and collisions need to be sorted ..no one likes the way they work at present.

Sort out gengu prodject first corner.make all ships ghost on that section at start of race.

I dont care what they do just address the problem and improve it from what it is.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

not if you are on a 4:3 CRT screen. Photos are save in the resolution the PS3 is set to, not the one the game is rendered (even internally).
    Ah right I see. It's probably quite difficult to implement that, because although the engine has the ability to changes resolutions on the fly, it only changes vertically - the number of horizontal lines remains the same. Running in 1080p mode for instance, it goes between 1920x1080 and 1280x1080.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Photo mode always renders at full resolution with maximum detail level on every object.
    Therefore it only runs at: 640x480, 1280x720 or 1920x1080.

PSN ID
    superpj1

Be able to see everyone's Win/Loss statistics online.
    (if someone doesn't want to make his stats public, he can disable them)

@ superpj1

would of agreed with you before i started playing wipeout hd but its a bad idea..it encouages cheats and scrubs desperate to improve there rank by any means..At the moment no one can hide behind stats saying they are good when they are not.we all know who is good by way of playing them.I know all the top 100 players without needing scores.
    because i play them.

Bring in win/loss stats and you will get

Boosting among friends
    quiting on a loss
    pulling the internet plug
    cheat codes and cartridges
    hackiing the game
    people playing themselves on two ps3's (sad but it has happened)
    using bugs and glitches
    Arguments adn abuse
    cowardice (elites too scared to play regular players in case they lose rank)
    disappointment when you lose your presious rank
    Clone and secret accounts for cowards to scared to risk their stats on a game

what good do win/loss stats bring to the game

nothing

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Good post, jasmin! I fully agree. Stat-boosting has made MGOs stats useless and
    annoying. Good players should always be known by their names and not by numbers.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    Boosting among friends
    quiting on a loss
    pulling the internet plug
    cowardice (elites too scared to play regular players in case they lose rank)
    disappointment when you lose your presious rank
    Clone and secret accounts for cowards to scared to risk their stats on a game

what good do win/loss stats bring to the game

nothing
    I don't know about all those instances but I can certainly attest to the ones above. Heck I used to play a lot of Backgammon at Yahoo but it became painful. You'd think these people were actually getting paid to win. So what their ranking would go down a few points? Well they cared enough to use any amount of chicanery for than not to happen.

Sad.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Photo mode always renders at full resolution with maximum detail level on every object.
    Therefore it only runs at: 640x480, 1280x720 or 1920x1080.
    Well it isn't enough then. With my crt SDTV screen, photo mode is pretty useless, even more when watching them afterward on my PC LCD screen which coule handle a fullHD resolution.

Obviously (since i'm a pro stats) i doesn' t agree with the stats problem. Disconnection is already punished, and it is SL Job to ensure the game is cheat safe. As for TT or SL times.
    If global ranking there is, there should also be ranked event (reserved for people of a certain rank range). As in every game with solid online play.
    Thé possibility to play against yourself cannot be excluded, but if it is enough to get top ranking ... Then the ranking system is to soft.
    Last edited by Sch@dows; 18th August 2009 at 05:05 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Not a big problem, because i have an option to fix it in my TV, but, it will be nice if in some update SL gives the option in the menu to display the game in 4:3, for all those like me who still have an SDTV.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Personally I think they should give more options for photo effects. More than just depth of field and blur would be cool

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Griffon_ACG

After playing some split screen H2H with my friends, we came to a couple conclusions. All weapon-related.

1) Increase lock-on range of locking weapons. If weapons are supposed to help a person catch up, they're not much help if they can't lock onto anything more than a second ahead.

2) If you add more items, maybe some more indirect fire weapons. Similar to above, with all the twists and turns of these courses, the only weapon of any use to anyone more than a couple seconds ahead os the Quake. Again, not much help at catching up. Maybe something like a Ricochet Beam, or EMP that stops opponents from gaining anything from speed/weapons pads for a few seconds, etc...

3) Increased weapon probability depending on position. Somewhat inspired by Mario Kart, I know some people might frown away from this suggestion, but again, imagine the frustration when you're racing someone and just can't seem to catch up, and all you're getting is mines, bombs and shields.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Adding to your weapon thoughts - increase the lock-on range of missiles is a great idea.

One thing that always frustrated me was how slowly the rockets and plasmas traveled. Nothing quite like launching a salvo only to see it drag behind the person you aimed at. Why not make the rockets much faster - but 1/2 the strength.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Griffon View Post
    3) Increased weapon probability depending on position. Somewhat inspired by Mario Kart, I know some people might frown away from this suggestion, but again, imagine the frustration when you're racing someone and just can't seem to catch up, and all you're getting is mines, bombs and shields.
    No. You're just gonna have to get over it I'm afraid.
    Because this kind of system is highly exploitable (Players lagging behind so they get turbo and all hell breaks lose on the final lap), and breaks the game. So no.
    Ever looked at Fatal Inertia EX? Yeah, you get turbos (a **** load of them, like 5-10) when you're at the back, but very few (3 maximum) when up front. Again: no.
    The game is luck based for everyone, if you do get into this situation, it's just bad luck. Accept it as that and move on.