Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for upcoming patches

PSN ID
    PLazarou

I've recently started trying for some decent Speed Laps. It's very frustrating when your best time doesn't post online because you've been randomly disconnected (despite being still signed in to PSN).

There should be a way of ensuring that you're online before you start a Speed Lap session (or indeed any other single player session that posts results online).

A 'connect to server' button before you start. Or something.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Offline times aren't posted on the server the next time we start the game being connected to the PSN ?

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Not in my experience...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

Having the option to post your scores using your ghost ship save data would be very useful if your records doesn't sync at all with the server. I'm not sure how your records are saved to the leader board but some sort of synchronization has to happen at some point. It would definitely be nice with some official info on how this process works. Colin? Paul?

PSN ID
    Jimsin

I know it's been mentioned in the commercials thread - but it's more appropriate here.

I really do think that the 'absorb' loading screen "Ahhhh that's better" should be reworded. I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time, but it is completely at varience with the prevailing aesthetic, and sticks out like a sore thumb!

Just stating what how to absorb, and what it does in plain straightforward language would fit in with all the other screens.

I know it seems like a tiny thing to request changing, but every time I see that screen it's like nails down a blackboard!

PSN ID
    superpj1

I don't know if it has been suggested before but when we press "SELECT" it would be great to see the class speed.

i dont get that..surely you can tell the speed class when you are playing...explain a bit more..i probally missing something.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Perhaps he means when you press Select within the menus to bring up the 'community' window - showing what mode your friends are playing - it doesn't show what speed class they're doing. Seems a tad unnecessary to me...

PSN ID
    superpj1

When you press "SELECT" you see what your friends are doing (single race, elimininator, etc.) but you don't see their speed class.

Quote Originally Posted by PLazarou View Post
    Seems a tad unnecessary to me...
    I said this because personnaly I never join Phantom or Venom games so I wouldn't have to quit a lobby to see the speedclass. Well it was just a suggestion
    Last edited by superpj1; 9th August 2009 at 01:23 AM.

PSN ID
    Lightlord

just fix the game from crashing and don't put in that uber lag spike to fix it like last time! Everytime atleast once on a track it would happen more commonly than not on a turn and when that spike finished after a second you were smack against the wall!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Are you guys sure the speed class isn't showing? I think it switches between mode and speed class every few seconds, I'm pretty sure I've seen it...

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    TALooN-X

Lightbulb

My new revised list of changes!!!

Progress Deletion
    Let there be an option similar to Super Smash Bros. which lets you delete various parts of your save data. For instance, you can delete all the ships you've unlocked, or all of your times, or all of your campaign progress. Many times I've wanted to start the campaign all over again but cant really unless I wipe all of my data (which I don't REALLY want to do).

Custom Grid Creation
    Just like in Pulse, you were able to make your own grids and race them. I think this is a feature that SURELY is lacking from this game. Give me the chance to make up a series of grids of various race types that I can SHARE with other people... I really don't know why this wasn't put in in the first place...

Music Player
    I think something similar to when you leave the title screen to goto demo mode, it plays through different tracks with whatever soundtrack you have selected. Something like this would be cool IF I could have control of the music playing and it would load the next level on the fly. I like to have people around and just leave the game running with the mean soundtrack in the background to sorta show off its good looks.

I think there needs to be a few changes to online, not many but mainly in the lobby system. I will list all the things I think need changing
    1) When you connect to a game in progress, you get this box which covers a good chunk of the information sometimes I wana read, like who is currently racing. You can sorta see the first 2 or 3 people but then after that the box covers it and there is no way to get rid of it.
    2) I think this has been mentioned, but in the game browser, it flicks between race in progress and the name of the person whose room it is. I'm sure they can add a little icon to depict that the race is in progress without having to flick between it every time.
    3) There should be a way you can put a message in your game lobby, for example when you join a certain lobby, a little msg box pops up saying whatever it is the game creator would want to say about the game. For example: "TALooN-X: This is a Bling Brigade lobby! All in for BB!" This would make searching for a particular game or information on said game quite handy.
    4) Sorta going back to the grid based system which should be implemented, they should have a grid type tournament which allows you to play different game types in a row. Rather than Example: Single Race (Back to Lobby) Eliminator (Back to Lobby) Zone Battle (Back to Lobby) Just make it so you can set all those up in one Tournament type run.

Stats
    I love the new stats! They are awesome! Just a few things that need to be changed IMO. For starters they need to be fixed (i.e. the photos taken and the other one that shows incorrectly). Once they have been fixed, let us see our friends' stats. I want to be able to see each persons favourite ships and tracks and all the types of weapons they use and dump. It would make for an interesting read being able to analyze other peoples stats as you would get an idea of their play style.

Again let me know what you guys think of these ideas!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by TALooN View Post
    Progress Deletion
    Let there be an option similar to Super Smash Bros. which lets you delete various parts of your save data. For instance, you can delete all the ships you've unlocked, or all of your times, or all of your campaign progress. Many times I've wanted to start the campaign all over again but cant really unless I wipe all of my data (which I don't REALLY want to do).
    What if you create another account on the PS3 (I'm not talking about a PSN account, just a PS3 system account). When starting the game with it, does the saved progression from the "main" account is still there ?

@Lightlord > too bad for those of you who are experiencing lags. I don't have that kind of problems anymore since 2.0 although i only have a standart (french) broadband connection.

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

A patch to gaurantee record updates, its the only thing i can say thats bad about the game to the point where i dont want to play anymore. I beat a certain laptime of mine 4 times yesterday and it hasnt updated to either them.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I totally agree, very annoying when you succeed a good rank
    I have 2 good laptimes on talon forward that don't update : speedlap rapier rank #3 and speedlap phantom rank #1, i did a tiny improvement on modesto reverse later that has quickly updated. Is there a particular problem on talon ?
    Last edited by leungbok; 11th August 2009 at 08:34 AM.

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

Talons forward according to the tables (maybe other updates not updated) i should be first on rapier sl. Modesto forward phantom just wont update for me , like i said 4 times i've bettered my record and nothing. Also various tracks/classes on time trial havent updated. Its really quite annoying

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

maybe it's the same problems when HD was just out, and when the times took around a week to be updated (when they were).
    Is the serveur overloaded once again with a lot of new record sent every second (since there are news tracks every race from every users could sent a new record).

If it is so, SL didn't learn their lesson ... u_u

PSN ID
    XBARNSTERX

So this happened when hd first came out?
    I didnt know this having not being around from the start, but this is still no excuse. I never come across another game that has an online ranking system to have these problems.

PSN ID
    superpj1

Quote Originally Posted by okam View Post
    Are you guys sure the speed class isn't showing ? I think it switches between mode and speed class every few seconds, I'm pretty sure I've seen it ...
    Yes it does on the menu screen but not when you press select.

Quote Originally Posted by XBARNSTERX
    patch to gaurantee record updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by leungbok
    I totally agree, very annoying when you succeed a good rank
    I agree with you guys

@Sch@dows : I may be wrong, but don't think it's the same problem. When HD was out, records were not updating at all, whereas now some are updated and others are not curious bug ...

Has been said before but im saying it again. Time allowed to change your ship before a race online..I hate it when they keep starting race quickly and you cant do this.

Lap times on the finsih screen so you can see who did what and where. im sure they could sqeeze this information on.like example below

name race time lap1 lap2 lap3 lap4

jasmin 1.55.01 53.12 52.12 51.88 54.21
    john smit 1.54.01 21.12 52.12 51.88 54.21