Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for upcoming patches

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

I have a suggestion that I think would be very easy to implement:

Detonator colour schemes in Zone

I'm quite simply in love with the first 13 colour schemes of Detonator mode (even 14 isn't too bad), they look so incredibly awesome that I'm just dying to try zone mode with those colour schemes. What I'd love to see is an option to enable the detonator colour schemes to take the place of the current Zone colour schemes. Right now one of the main reasons I don't hate Detonator events in the elite campaign grids like most do is because I'm just amazed at how beautiful the tracks look when you complete a lap. I'm even getting better and better in Detonator mode and getting elite gold medals with less of a problem thanks to it. I can only imagine how amazing it would be to see those colour schemes in zone mode where your eyes aren't all over the track scanning for mines to shoot, but rather just take in the fantastic visuals while passing zones. Please tell me I'm not the only one craving for this!

PSN ID
    chasmer

Default Loving Fury

I picked up Fury on Thursday, but only had the chance for my first real play last night. Loving it.

I would add that I'd like to see the following (some of which may already partially exist):-
    1) From the Records screens e.g. say your browsing your friends scores for a certain game type, class and track. I'd like to be able to launch a game directly from there. E.g. If I see a friend has a better score than me, I want to challenge that and try and beat his score

2) Not quite sure how, but some kind of grid in the records area where per game type / class shows all the tracks down the screen, with the my best score, and may the top 5 scores of my friends. This would allow me to see on a single screen where I need to improve. Link to game selection here as well

3) In the normal game selection / loading screens (e.g. from the normal grid games). Show the targets for Gold / Silver / Bronze, along with my current record and achievement and the same for my top few friends. Maybe an option to enable/disable this as well

4) I'm still not clear on when the track times are synchronised online. I saw this happen when I first started up fury. E.g. if I get a new time, when does it get sent online, and when should I expect to see it with my friends scores. Is there a way to force a sync?

As you can see, I'm trying to build a little competition amongst my own friends lists. At the moment I feel a lot of the stats are hidden away in menus, when they'd be more interesting to see, whilst at the loading / game selection screens.
    Last edited by dvdchas; 28th July 2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Spelling

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by dvdchas View Post
    4) I'm still not clear on when the track times are synchronised online. I saw this happen when I first started up fury. E.g. if I get a new time, when does it get sent online, and when should I expect to see it with my friends scores. Is there a way to force a sync?
    I don't think it will happen. That the server's list be updated as soon as someone create a new record, ok (i still don't understand why there is so much lag) but manually refresh the board, would be thé easiest way to overload the server.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Here's what I would like to see made available in a future patch.

Being able to group up to 4 racers to one online name [CLAN]

A modification/option of the friends online to be able to be switched/read to CLANS online,also showing what race mode said clan wishes to race in.

Being able to have one person in each clan designated as head of clan,this would show up with some sort of icon so the head of another clan could message pre race.

Being able to challenge another clan via nudge in each race mode.

Online rankings of each individual within a clan added up to show strength of clan.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Cool idea, Blackwiggle!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    jan709

what about a call of duty style kill list in eliminator?

like:

[player 1] [weapon icon] [player 2]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Would be great to have clans or guilds like you see in various MMOs/FPS games, yeah.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    futureproof2011

...allow us to choose which songs get looped with the general soundtrack, similar to how Pure was set up.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by newtype View Post
    ...allow us to choose which songs get looped with the general soundtrack, similar to how Pure was set up.
    You mean the menu soundtrack?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

In pure, you could choose which track you want to be played, and which one you don't want to.

But in HD/Fury, you can only choose the between the original soundtrack (all the songs not just specific ones), and a custom compilation (and if you want to mix it with some of the original songs, have to purchase them separatly u_u)

PSN ID
    anderkovver

it would be nice if the the best personal time would in display when you begin and end the race but i dont know if that is difficult to do

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Just thought of another one: it would be quite useful to have an option during time trial or speed lap to have the camera follow your ghost instead of your ship for a complete lap (using either internal, close or far view, just like normally).

Why this would be great is because sometimes I have no idea what I did during my current record run (perhaps it was days or weeks since I last played the track, or I just took a turn or a series of turns instinctively), and when I try to beat that time, I see my ghost swoosh out of sight or overtake me when I know I had at least half a second advantage over it due to better piloting earlier on in the lap. When this happens, I usually go "What the flying intercourse did I do there to be so fast?" and currently the only way to check is is from your ship's point of view (AFAIK ), which sometimes isn't enough to determine what the difference is, especially at phantom speed.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Theater/Replay Mode would be the answer to that

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Theater, shmeater, call it whatever you like, I want it!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

It could be very usefull with imported ghosts in order to see study the lines.
    Elhabib site is quite useful, but WOHD should implement a feature to import those ghosts more easily

Timezone
    GMT -5

I had always wished they would throw us a reverse version of the HD campaign.
    Same campaign (or similar anyway) only on the reverse version of the tracks.
    Can't cost much to do and it wouldn't take a large patch to do it (I wouldn't imagine so, anyway)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

REPLAYS
    The ablitiy to save race replays (much like ghosts) to your PS3 HDD. Replays are from all three views (internal, far, and "cinmatic" track view). Format is hopefully something that can be replayed on your PC after you dl to a jumpdrive.

I have done so many funny/cool things as im sure most have, but the fact I don't have a recording method means I can't share them. Would make it possible for anyone to upload them.

the above two ideas ae cool. especially the reverse campaign. they could make a patch for that now and release it before i goto bed. itll cost 1 euro

replys is good cos i have some really good moments in my games i wish i could show to other players..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Why stopping at that. Custom grid shouldn't be too difficult to do n_n
    Last edited by Lance; 6th August 2009 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed. Please read the WipeoutZone guidelines in the announcements section.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I would also like to see a 2097 and WO3 HUD variant for the Fury modes.