Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Suggestions for upcoming patches

The weapons as they stand are effective. If they were made more potent, it would probally be best not to be a race leader and just follow behind till the last lap, only to unleash your weapon with it's increased range then beat them past the post.

only thing i would do to weapons is get rid of quake..its total crap.no shield no jump and your screwed.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Griffon_ACG

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    The game is luck based for everyone, if you do get into this situation, it's just bad luck. Accept it as that and move on.
    Well, the reason it was brought up was that it seemed like it wasn't luck based at all. The guy in front would get the items pretty randomly as normal, but the 2P would get maybe 1 or two Boosts if he's lucky, an Autopilot, and the rest were bombs/mines. I don't mean for just one or two races that stood out due to frustration, but my friends agreed that it was happening pretty consistently over 4 12-race tournaments.

Mmmmm..i wonfer about weapons..

When i play against vastly superior players i tend to get all the best pick ups so i finsih not so far behind as i think i should.when i play against a crap player i get super crap piclups like all mines and bombs when im behind and rockets and gns when im up front..

did i just have a bad run of luck or have other people had happen or am i just halucinating and maybe i wasnt even playing the game in the first place.

PSN ID
    Lightlord

Should bring back the unique weapon pickup that each craft had in Fusion, very interesting and deadly weapons to give game more of a twist.

PSN ID
    drMannevond

A few things I wouldn't mind :

1. Reduce the slowdown/"sucking" when you touch walls. Would like it to be more like 2097/XL.
    2. Custom weapon sets in online races (No more mines!)
    3. A functioning spectator-mode
    4. Replays!! And the option to save your replay to hdd for easy sharing on youtube etc.
    5. Built in sharing of tt/sl ghosts. Browse the record tables and download whatever ghost you fancy or something like that.
    6. If you get hit with a rocket/mine/bomb you more or less come to a complete halt (and fall off the track). If you then immediately get eliminated from something else and respawn, the effects of the rocket/mine/bomb are still in effect, so you basically stand still on the track for two seconds after respawning. VERY annoying!
    7. Do something about the mosh-pit at the start of online-races.
    8. Rear-lock with missiles.
    9. Proximity indicator in the alt. HUDs
    10. Remove Pilot Assist from the game entirely! (Sorry guys and girls, but if you use PA I officially hate your guts!)
    11. Team races, with option for friendly fire on/off (Ask Mic-dk, my int. double partner why)
    12. Vista pads. Still going strong. They look right, and sound right, but still no pickup. Very annoying in Eliminator.
    12. GARE D'EUROPA!
    13. Rockets are way too powerful.

And some small errors I've noticed in Fury :
    1. Did a Rapier online race a couple of weeks ago, but got the rankings from Phantom class. Not sure if my time was logged as Rapier or Phantom though.
    2. When you improve your own record on a track there's a gray bar outlining your old record to make comparisons easier, but after Fury the bar and the font are the same color.
    3. Offline single race record tables are still screwed up (And some people seem to be intentionally abusing it to get to the top of the tables. BAN BAN BAN!! And fix.)

And one more thing. Maybe it's just me - but does the guy in last place almost always get the "fastest lap" badge? Even if they're 20-30 sec. behind everyone else?
    Last edited by DrMannevond; 23rd August 2009 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Added a few items..

PSN ID
    superpj1

Quote Originally Posted by DrMannevond View Post
    10. Remove Pilot Assist from the game entirely !
    In my opinion it shouldn't be removed because Wipeout is a (very) hard game and PA helps the popularity of the game . Here in France when Wipeout HD came out, it had excellent reviews from the games magazines, most of them talking of PA as a great idea to help beginners get into this game that was always considered very difficult. Personnaly I started playing with PA for 1 month then I disabled it progressively to gain speed. If PA didn't exist I don't think I would've bothered with Wipeout HD for more than 15 minutes because the way the ship halts when you hit the walls is sometimes "shocking" (compared to the other racing games) anyway PA slows down and disallow some shortcuts so it's not a easy way of beating good non-PA pilots
    Last edited by superpj1; 23rd August 2009 at 11:56 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Griffon_ACG

Ok, I have a couple more concerning falling off track/warping.

First off, I think the mechanic by how it tells when you're falling off could stand a tweak. I can't tell how many times I've gotten screwed by trying a risky, high-flying stunt, veered just a little tiny bit but still completely capable of landing it, and the game goes "NOPE." and warps me right back to the jump point. Also, when that does happen, I think it could stand to be a bit more forgiving when that happens. Respawn at least close to the area where you fell off, instead of the jump point, cause the respawn time penalty is enough, don't put me half a track behind as well.

Secondly, on courses with sections without walls, if you fall off, you respawn facing the exact same direction you were when you fell off. On the higher speeds, sometimes it'll cause me to fall off 2-3 times in a row before I can correct myself enough to get back on track. This is particularly bad on parts at higher speeds when you're cornering, and begin to bounce, and bounce right over the edge (even with walls), and then respawn in the exact same place, so you bounce over the edge again, and again... When respawning, I think when respawning like that, it would help to be in the middle of the track, facing straight.

EDITL Ooh, ooh. Also, this may be a little much for a Patch, but what about more colors for the Fury ships? I mean all we got was default, transparent default with neon, and Silver.
    Last edited by Griffon; 23rd August 2009 at 10:17 PM.

PSN ID
    drMannevond

Quote Originally Posted by superpj1 View Post
    In my opinion it shouldn't be removed because Wipeout is a (very) hard game and PA helps the popularity of the game . Here in France when Wipeout HD came out, it had excellent reviews from the games magazines, most of them talking of PA as a great idea to help beginners get into this game that was always considered very difficult. Personnaly I started playing with PA for 1 month then I disabled it progressively to gain speed. If PA didn't exist I don't think I would've bothered with Wipeout HD for more than 15 minutes because the way the ship halts when you hit the walls is sometimes "shocking" (compared to the other racing games) anyway PA slows down and disallow some shortcuts so it's not a easy way of beating good non-PA pilots
    Okay - maybe I came across as a little harsh on that point. It's not that I don't like the idea of PA, it's just the way it works out in online races. It can be extremely frustrating ending up behind someone using PA and veering all over the place, making it almost impossible to get past them, or at least not without getting bumped around like crazy in the process.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Griffon_ACG

You sure it's not just "lag"? I know it's not really lag lag, but I know online opponents on my PS3 have a very odd movement about them, but I just chalked it up to the PS3 doing the best it can to keep up with their movements over the internet.

@DrMannevond

P.A users can be annoying with drunk driving sometimes..i just stick to phantom race most of the top players tend to turn it off to stop PA noobs from crashing everywhere.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    i just stick to phantom
    That's exactly when it's the most annoying. And quite honestly I see as much of it, if not more in Phantom races as I do any in other of the classes when I'm on.

ok, then host the races and turn it off.
    play these guys here most of the phantom players ..well all of them which i have played dont use it and tend to turn it off.

ive never really encountered it to much..luckily

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Well let me preface that by saying it's probably more likely that some of the players in those Phantom races aren't using it but I prefer to look for rooms hosted with PA off so there's no one with it on. Especially when I race in Phantom. As far as hosting goes. I play at night here in the US which is way early in the morning for you. There's very few people on. If I hosted a Phantom room without PA I'd be sitting there for a long time. Unfortunately that's what I have to deal with with the time zone I'm given.
    Last edited by crawdad62; 24th August 2009 at 01:16 AM.

Dammit, there's always those little practical factors that interfere with the execution of good advice.

Not that it's a issue or glitch in the game, but i find some of the explosions in online play a little to large and sometimes crash or go off the track because i can not see where i am going.

Probally how it would be in real life, but annoying all the same.

@disruptor...no no no

much better patch is mirror tracks..they could make that in 5 minutes ata cost of 10 euro

like 52 track variations..