Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for upcoming patches

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

The Noobs are Always moody ones...

For My Patch I would love to see that color trail thing as well.

I'd leave a wake or Purple Destruction!

Timezone
    GMT -5

You can resize your HUD - if you play the HD game in campaign - you can unlock alternate HUDs after getting a certain amount of points with any given team. (so pick your favorite ship and use it to no end) Zone mode and Detonator are a VERY fast way to level up ship / team points.

The alternative huds are from Wipeout XL / 2097 (which is what I use to no end), and Wipeout 3.

The XL/2097 HUD is very minimalist - yet still easily read - which is why I favor it.

To answer Jasmin - I love using the "old beat down" skins - because it's more salt into the wound when I win against Fury ships with my POS Auricom.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I love my Classic AG Systems.

I still like the New Fiesar and Triakis (Triakis REALLY needed that)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yeah, customizable ion trails like in Quake where you can customize your railgun!
    That would be sweet

Also, the ability to delete your own times from your save file and sync with the server.

Lastly, replay mode with the same options as the replay mode in GRID/Dirt (Play, Pause, rewind, slow motion; download the demos on PS3 to check it out) and the ability to take photos while in this replay.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    futureproof2011

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    Just one little little thing that came to my mind: Make the color of the thrust customizable. Maybe a palette of 10 colors of even a whole color spectrum you could choose from by moving a curser (if that is technically possible of course; a predefined palette would probably make things easier than a whole spectrum).
    I think that may be a nice, subtle way to bring some personality to the ships while racing online

I definitely like this idea, especially considering we can no longer design our own skins and transplant them to our ship.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

I added these to the main post;

Lobby Chat - This has been suggested a couple of times before but I guess as soon as Chat Room was added to PS3 people didn't need In-Game Chat any longer. Still, it definately does have some advantages; you won't have to Open your XMB, create a Chat Room, then add players to your friends list so you can invite them to join the room. Second, Lobby Chat allows you to communicate faster than having to open your XMB.

Improved Voice Chat - There is no doubt that Voice Chat is in a terrible state. The problem could solely be related to poor support from Sony's side, but I know some games have implemented their own solutions to allow Voice Chatting. Teamspeak 3 sounds like a good alternative; http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=teamspeak3sdk
    I have no idea how the technical aspect of adding such a feature to a PS3 title works, and if it is even possible. But if it was, the benefits would definately be great; no more text chatting
    Last edited by NeilSmith; 25th July 2009 at 11:18 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tileon

I would put the blame on XMB and not on SL for poor chatting experience.

I see a major drawback in online chat through the game itself. However lame XBM might be (I mean lame like slow and bumpy - it's otherwise functional) it's distinct from the interaction between your console and the game's servers, meaning that when the game freezes you don't loose contact with your friends.

That's why it's great not to have to be in an in-game lobby so as to chat with other players.

I think voice chat is annoying, when you are a stranger among friends, or when some rude boy comes and starts calling you names...

I think it would be useless to implement a chat, and inconsistent comming from a first-party developper. They wouldn't diss the work of those working on ready made solutions to ease their workload and give players a consitent experience online.

Please make it so that PS3slim is force-fed some extra RAM, if just for XMB's sake! XMB is so slow!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post
    get rid of enhanced ships as they make the old skins obselete. who wants to race in a clapped out old crap racer when you can use the enhanced version
    At first I would have entirely agreed with you about this, and I complained about it myself a bit. But I was thinking about it and I came up with one reason why the new, better ships are there. They're part of a while package. If they just introduced new skins then I wouldn't bother about even trying the new ships, because I could see what they looked liked and that would be it. Now we have a whole new set of ships to get used to and learn about, and maybe people's favourite team will change. The main reason I think they shouldn't have had new stats in the first place is based on what are now slightly confused record tables. I care about those, but the majority of people who buy the game won't. They have marked Fury ships in the tables, so that's something good at least.

As for the second part, Oldteki-85 pwns you . Just kidding, but I was racing in it last night against a room full of Fury ships, and to be honest, it didn't make a huge amount of difference in online races. I would even go so far as to say I was getting better results than I usually do online. Add to that how oogly boogly the new ships' behinds are, and there is enough reason to stick with your old favourite

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I see your point, SaturnReturn, but they also could have changed stats by changing points rather than adding them.
    Or they could have even introduced new (old) teams to the list with alternative stats (though that would have meant new logos, stories etc, thus more work).

In the end, was there a reason to make those ships more powerful then the old ones?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

I'm not sure how SL would incorporate this, but before Fury came out, I could see demo races of random ships, fury and HD. But whenever I start a race. It's either all AI all classic like my ship, or all Fury, or all zone battle ships. I'm not suggesting Zone battle ships be randomly put into races. But I would love to see HD ships and Fury ships randomly selected for the AI. The exhaust tails are all so indifferent. We need some variety in there.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

There are other ways they could have done it Sausehuhn. I almost made the comment myself that they could have added the missing ships from the series. But I deleted it because I thought that would have only been a couple of new ones, right? It would be really cool for people who liked those ships because they'd get their favourites, but maybe they'll still come. In the mean time there are a lot more ships now than that option would have brought. Perhaps though, they could have created brand new teams with different stat balances in, but you're right, that would have been a lot more work, possibly, and I don't think they could create a whole 12 more ships without repeating stats unless some stats were bumped up.

I wouldn't see the point in arbitrarily changing ship stats either. There's only a certain amount you could change them and the end result would probably just be a equivalent to a change of ship skin. Ultimately I think that method would have been even more pointless.

If the record tables were completely separated in terms of Fury ships and HD original ships, then there'd be zero wrong with introducing the new ones. As it goes, there's not a huge amount wrong with it, as you can still win races easily in the old ones. Just trying to show that my fav ship is no 'clapped out old crap racer.'

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    In the end, was there a reason to make those ships more powerful then the old ones?
    Because in the backstory, according to PSBlog Ship Design post, they are made/built/constructed/assembled with newer parts with better performance.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

The backstory could have come after the decision though, right? It's likely that it's more just an idea created to justify their inclusion. It's not as if it's a real existing story that the design should be true to.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Apologies if this has allready been brought up, but I would love to see red vs blue eliminator. 2 teams, one in red ships the other in blue, option to turn friendly fire on/off, team members points are added up and first team to a set score wins (like in regular eliminator events).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    futureproof2011

-Brand new courses, exclusive for PS3

-One or two new ships, exclusive for PS3

-More audio tracks like those that were ushered in with the Fury update; the new songs are so much better than what originally shipped with the game!

I really can't think of anything else...after Fury and the most recent patch, there is just so much to do and everything works so well-

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

okam, love your idea with eliminator teams Even teams in general would be fun and creates a whole new aspect of racing.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    jan709

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    You won't get day and night cycles on the original HD tracks, its been explained why.
    where?

i would love too see the customizable trails as has been mebtioned earlier, also i would love to see some new ships. Van uber, tigron anyone?
    Last edited by infoxicated; 26th July 2009 at 01:01 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

2 more:

Separate volume slider for voice chat. Very annoying when you're in an event with random players and they yap a lot in a language you don't understand, or people are "being funny" and screaming and making noises.

Also, eliminator needs the reflector (deflector?) pickup from.. I think it was WO3. When this is active, it reflects any damage done to you, back to the ship that dealt it. Muahahahaha!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

Yeah I miss my reflector aswell SL might hold off the release of other weapons until the next DLC I think as I doubt they will patch something like that in for free post-fury. That way we'll get a new set of weapons to play with after getting used to the new modes Plus that would allow us to revisit the old tracks with something new added to them. With Fury you get alot of gameplay, I think people will appretiate it more as some time goes by when we get used to all the new stuff.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    TALooN-X

Here is my list of changes I would love to see:

Progress Deletion
    Let there be an option similar to Super Smash Bros. which lets you delete various parts of your save data. For instance, you can delete all the ships you've unlocked, or all of your times, or all of your campaign progress. Many times I've wanted to start the campaign all over again but cant really unless I wipe all of my data (which I don't REALLY want to do).

Custom Grid Creation
    Just like in Pulse, you were able to make your own grids and race them. I think this is a feature that SURELY is lacking from this game. Give me the chance to make up a series of grids that I can SHARE with other people... I really don't know why this wasn't put in in the first place...

Those are the main two I can think of for now... Thoughts?