Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for upcoming patches

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

Lightbulb Suggestions for upcoming patches

I'm simply loving the new changes\fixes that the 2.00 patch brought to Wipeout HD. These kind of patches shows that the developers at Studio Liverpool really care about their customers\fanbase and I applaud them for that. I've been wanting to make a little wish-list for some time now over things I want to see in the game and I know that I have gone a little over my head on some of the suggestions, but to the contraty I think some of the stuff is fully possible. I might update the list as new ideas comes, and any other input/comments would also be nice. So here goes;

Spectator Mode - Needs alot of fixing/tweaks. Ship interpolation stutters alot and does by no means show what is really going on during the race. It lacks all the details like barrel rolls, proper tilting of the ships when they turn etc.

Ship Selection in Online lobby - One of the things that bothers me the most about joining an online race is when I join a single race and as soon as the host is happy with the number of players he instantly starts the race (with 4-5 second countdown). In most cases I prefer to change ships according to track. Some tracks require a ship with good handling (Ubermall, Sebenco Climb and Chenghou Project) while others require ships with high speed (Vineta K, Anulpha Pass, Metropia, Moa Therma, Sol2). Also if the race is full with 8 players I prefer to use a ship that has more shield to keep me from being eliminated more often. So my suggestion would be to always have the start timer set to 10-15 seconds, and let players still be able to change their ship in the meanwhile.

Custom Playlists - Please add the ability to change the menu music, it gets very tiresome listening to the same song over and over again. Either add more menu music, or let us choose a playlist\song. Also having the ability to change custom playlist during an online race would be nice. At the moment I have to quit the online race and go all the way into the Options\Audio menu to be able to change my playlist. A simple "Custom Playlist" when pressing the Start-button would be very welcomed. Also, after Fury was released I miss an option to have split playlists for Fury and HD.

Scoreboard Stats - I'd really like to see some more stats about player performance on the scoreboards such as how many Perfect Laps, Eliminations, Turbo's and Barell Rolls a player pulled off during a race.

2 player split screen - Need optimization. 2 player split screen races are way too laggy, especially during eliminator races. This is the only thing that is keeping me from playing vs my buddies when they come over to my crib. I think some of the gfx can be sacrificed during 2 player split screen races so that we atleast can enjoy playing with the same smoothness as a 1 player race.
    I know this probably is an issue that is hard to fix, but I hope SL considers tweaking it somehow for better fps.

Lobby Chat - This has been suggested a couple of times before but I guess as soon as Chat Room was added to PS3 people didn't need In-Game Chat any longer. Still, it definately does have some advantages; you won't have to Open your XMB, create a Chat Room, then add players to your friends list so you can invite them to join the room. Second, Lobby Chat allows you to communicate faster than having to open your XMB.

Improved Voice Chat - There is no doubt that Voice Chat is in a terrible state. The problem could solely be related to poor support from Sony's side, but I know some games have implemented their own solutions to allow Voice Chatting. Teamspeak 3 sounds like a good alternative; http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=teamspeak3sdk
    I have no idea how the technical aspect of adding such a feature to a PS3 title works, and if it is even possible. But if it was, the benefits would definately be great; no more text chatting

Menu Skins - Not a biggie but adding some more skins/themes to the menu gui like Wipeout Pure had would be super sweet. The Wipeout HD Campaign Mode has skinned menus for every grid.

Ghost Replays - Having the ability to spectate ghost replays from the ghost's perspective would be simply awesome. That way people can download other players ghosts to see their tactics and racing lines.
    Even better would be to have replays of online races, though this is probably something we'll never see as it must be a real pain to add such a feature

Ship Trails - Someone mentioned that some ships in the race demonstration (if you idle in the main-menu) had red trails. My initial thought would be to add more colors to the trails, maybe something that goes along with the livery skin you've choosen

Day\Night Cyclus - jasmin-jade suggested this. Every Wipeout track should have a day and night cyclus, it would be absolutely beautiful
    Last edited by NeilSmith; 25th July 2009 at 11:17 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    I know that I have gone a little over my head on some of the suggestions
    [...]
    Day\Night Cyclus
    I think you did it again.

Ghost replays! I would love to have that!!
    And if it were to be implemented, I guess you could then select your favorite camera view.
    I like watching videos of some of the top players here, but it's almost all the time in 3rd person view and it would be really nice to be able to learn from them in internal view. Great idea, I love it!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Just a minor thought that I had last night as I did a racebox tourney of the reverse tracks; how about a small list of preset tournaments? For instance:

all 8 original tracks forward
    all 8 original tracks reverse
    first 4 original tracks forward then reverse
    etc

Not a big deal since it's so much faster and easier to set up your tournament since the patch, but for set events (racing leagues) or your own personal practice setup it could be a nice thing to have.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

There's already a thread for this titled "Patch change requests"...just sayin.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Yeap, i agree, changing soundtrack in online lobby like in Pulse is a must.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

You won't get day and night cycles on the original HD tracks, its been explained why.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Ship Selection in Online lobby - One of the things that bothers me the most about joining an online race is when I join a single race and as soon as the host is happy with the number of players he instantly starts the race (with 4-5 second countdown). In most cases I prefer to change ships according to track. Some tracks require a ship with good handling (Ubermall, Sebenco Climb and Chenghou Project) while others require ships with high speed (Vineta K, Anulpha Pass, Metropia, Moa Therma, Sol2). Also if the race is full with 8 players I prefer to use a ship that has more shield to keep me from being eliminated more often. So my suggestion would be to always have the start timer set to 10-15 seconds, and let players still be able to change their ship in the meanwhile.
    I think if you press "Select Team" before the countdown is finished, you can choose another ship and the countdown stays a 0 until either you finish selecting or you quit the event.
    At least I've seen several times the countdown blocked at 0 second, until all the players have a team selected.

Your ghost proposition (Theater mode) would be great !!

Each team should have their own trail color n_n (doesn't it depend on their respective engine ?)

Custom Playlists - If you could select a custom compilation but keep playing the original game music. That would be great. It is kind of sad to have to purchase the game music if you want to include them in your custom compilation.

Ranks - Please, included a real ranking system, depending on achievements (winning/losing against strong/weak opponents) like Street Figter 4 or PES for example. Not the current one only based on played time.

Badges - Can you display along the pilot name, the badge he has the most ? It could help to see before hand if the opponent is an aggressive/defensive type.

Online Game List Filters - It would be great if we can choose multiple options for each filters. For example, If I'm looking for game with :
    - Event Type : Single Race or Tournament
    - Speed Class : either Rapier or Phantom
    etc...

In-Game Chat - Let the possibility to mute (permanently) people. Some people are very annoying.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Sch@dows View Post
    Ranks - Please, included a real ranking system, depending on achievements (winning/losing against strong/weak opponents) like Street Figter 4 or PES for example. Not the current one only based on played time.
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...4&postcount=14 - According to this guy you gain higher rank by beating players of higher rank than yourself. So unless he's wrong Wipeout has the same system as SF4 Any official input on this? Paul? Colin?

Quote Originally Posted by Sch@dows View Post
    Badges - Can you display along the pilot name, the badge he has the most ? It could help to see before hand if the opponent is an aggressive/defensive type.
    This could be useful if it was done the right way. Before Fury came out, I found that I mostly got the 3 same badges in most of my races, either Speed Pad Hunter, Fastest Top Speed or Fastest Lap. This doesn't necessarily mean that I'm a fast racer. It's all about finding the perfect racing line so that you hit the most speed pads as well as getting as many pickups as you can. And the Fastest Top Speed is easily achieved by timing the use of your turbo together with either a barrel roll and\or a speed pad. So I wouldn't say that the badge system gives a very clear indication as to what kind of racer you are up against since 2-3 of the badges usually comes before the other. I'm curious as to which badge is decided upon if you meet the requirement for more than one badge. Is there some kind of priority system involved?

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

I thought that if SL added Eliminator mode they would also add Repulsor and Shuriken weapons (which are cool), but they did not. Hope SL will add these weapons sometimes.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Just one little little thing that came to my mind: Make the color of the thrust customizable. Maybe a palette of 10 colors of even a whole color spectrum you could choose from by moving a curser (if that is technically possible of course; a predefined palette would probably make things easier than a whole spectrum).
    I think that may be a nice, subtle way to bring some personality to the ships while racing online

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...4&postcount=14 - According to this guy you gain higher rank by beating players of higher rank than yourself. So unless he's wrong Wipeout has the same system as SF4 Any official input on this? Paul? Colin?
    Not exactly. I'm not sure, but it is possible that you can earn more points by wining a race with high ranked players. But in the end, you never loose points by loosing races or being destroyed (normally, the weaker than you the opponents are the more points you should loose).
    So it is not like SF4 or PES. WipEout HD high ranked players are often not skilled players who only played a lot.
    It could ring like I'm elitist, but what is the use of a rank if it doesn't reflect the skills of a player and only his amount of free time ?

This could be useful if it was done the right way. Before Fury came out, I found that I mostly got the 3 same badges in most of my races, either Speed Pad Hunter, Fastest Top Speed or Fastest Lap. This doesn't necessarily mean that I'm a fast racer. It's all about finding the perfect racing line so that you hit the most speed pads as well as getting as many pickups as you can. And the Fastest Top Speed is easily achieved by timing the use of your turbo together with either a barrel roll and\or a speed pad. So I wouldn't say that the badge system gives a very clear indication as to what kind of racer you are up against since 2-3 of the badges usually comes before the other. I'm curious as to which badge is decided upon if you meet the requirement for more than one badge. Is there some kind of priority system involved?
    Indeed, maybe you are not a fast player, but at least I would know your line (over the pads) and I could use that information to bring a strategy (like bombing or mining on those).
    As for the rank, what's the use of the badges (apart from collecting them) if you are the only one to check on them (redundant with stats).

Showing the badge you have the most isn't the perfect solution, i agree (and it should only be shown if you have more than 5 badges otherwise it is irrelevant) , but it is better than nothing.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Let me customize my HUD!
    Last edited by lagoonalight; 25th July 2009 at 12:16 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

OPTIONS > SCREEN SIZE > choose it!

Timezone
    GMT -6

Oh yeah thanks there bud.
    Last edited by lagoonalight; 25th July 2009 at 12:15 AM.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Tbh the only one being a 'doosh' here is yourself. Calm down dear.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

2 player split screen - Need optimization. 2 player split screen races are way too laggy, especially during eliminator races. This is the only thing that is keeping me from playing vs my buddies when they come over to my crib. I think some of the gfx can be sacrificed during 2 player split screen races so that we atleast can enjoy playing with the same smoothness as a 1 player race.

I know this probably is an issue that is hard to fix, but I hope SL considers tweaking it somehow for better fps.

get rid of enhanced ships as they make the old skins obselete. who wants to race in a clapped out old crap racer when you can use the enhanced version

Timezone
    GMT -6

Please refrain from calling me dear. If you both hadn't posted completely useless information I don't know, where would we all be if you hadn't both come here to expound your infinite knowledge. I have a problem that has been asked for by more than a couple users and it still hasn't ever been addressed. I mean it's not game breaking but it sure is annoying as heck when you are going up hills that turn and the centerpiece is in the way of the track the one that shows your boost. I don't need to know how many boost I have when I am racing for top 50 times.
    Last edited by lagoonalight; 25th July 2009 at 12:20 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

With the way you act nobody is going to help you.

Ill gladly teach you a lessone on the track if you dont start conducting yourself appropriately

PS: By editing your post, you change nothing in fact your further guilty. We all know you called him a douche*
    Last edited by Vartazian; 25th July 2009 at 12:37 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

OMG stop spamming the topic. I'll gladly teach you how to spell if you are not careful there, chief. How about that! HUD options please!

Conduct yourself how you would like YOURSELF to be conducted. IDCare!